Search results

1. prisoners

Streaming help needed please

In my office I have a compact integrated and a decent pair of two ways. I’ve been streaming from my phone to a Bluetooth adapter because our corporate IT blocked my Blusound Node2i. (They can’t block my phone). The problem is my ultra-cheap Bluetooth adapter has a noticeable hissing noise; will...
  2. prisoners

R.I.P. Carl Weathers.

So many great characters and he was always great in anything he did. 76 years old and lived a great life.
  3. prisoners

NFL playoffs on streaming services

Well this is the last straw for me. I’m already paying for cable service so I can get all of the “free” networks that carry the games (OTA is hit/miss where I am) and ESPN. The post season games have ALWAYS been on network tv and ratings were historically better than anything. Now if we want to...
  4. prisoners

Favorite tv character!

Give me your top 3-5 favorite tv characters! Mine in no particular order: Toby Ziegler Andy Sipowicz David Rose Gregory House I can name a further dozen that I enjoy watching but these four stand out above the rest in my mind.
  5. prisoners

Marantz 2220 or Yamaha CR-640?

If you wanted to keep only one? Let’s assume both are in excellent cosmetic and operational condition and the tuner section is largely irrelevant. Also the phono stage is unimportant, so essentially each would be used as an integrated amplifier. Thoughts and opinions please in case I might...
  6. prisoners

I made a contribution to the office Christmas tree

If you know you know.
  7. prisoners

Secondary tube system

Onix SP-3 integrated amp with Meadowlark Kestrel Hot Rods. Source is a Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC fed by a Node2i and a Marantz SA-8005 disc player. This is in the same room as my signature system and provides a different but still very pleasing sound albeit in a smaller scale.
  8. prisoners

New York Bee Gees tribute band

Saw these guys last night at a nice little venue in Chicago; they were absolutely fantastic! Covering all eras of the brothers Gibb plus a couple of solo songs from Andy and Barry. It’s not easy playing songs that everyone knows so well but they were great. https://newyorkbeegees.com/
  9. prisoners

Fun little accessory that I couldn’t pass up!

Saw them at Michael’s craft store if anyone else shares my dark taste.
  10. prisoners

Parasound Z system

So I put this together on the cheap using Facebook marketplace, Amazon, and everyone’s favorite auction site. The system consists of the following: Blusound Node2 Zdac 24/192 Zpre 2 Zamp v3 x 2 set to monoblocs System Audio SA1750 speakers. All cables are decent but nothing great. I’ll tidy...
  11. prisoners

Small racks for compact audio systems

I have four of the Parasound Z series components that are 1/2 sized. Standard audio racks all seem too big in scale and size; even the IKEA cubes don’t seem right. Would like to see pics of what you guys with similar sized components are using. TIA and happy listening!
  12. prisoners

Best use for an older iPad in a listening room?

Not really interested in a digital photo display and I’m already using one as a remote for streaming devices (perfect use BTW!), I was thinking of a retro clock or maybe a simulated VU meter or something. Anyone have any cool ideas for a passive display type usage in a listening room setting?
  13. prisoners

A Man Called Otto

Tom Hanks stars as a cantankerous older man negotiating the challenges of his twilight years. Not exactly what I expected but a very good film. I’m reluctant to even generally comment for fear of spoilers; suffice to say it’s absolutely worth your time.
  14. prisoners

Anyone going to AXPONA?

I’m planning on going Saturday. Not looking for anything in particular but it’s always nice to browse things in person vs online.
  15. prisoners

Who’s watching HBO’s ‘The Last of Us’?

Holy jeez what a great series!
  16. prisoners

Speaker ID help please

I inherited these but unfortunately no one could tell me anything about them. The shipping label indicates they came from Supermods in Eugene, Oregon but I don’t know if they originated there or were sent for work. Anyone? Thanks in advance.
  17. prisoners

Put together this headphone system

Everything except the headphone amp (SMSL HO 100) and the Blusound Node2 is at least 20 years old. Onix XCD-88 MSB Link DAC III Grado 325i I’ve used the Grados off and on over the years but never had a proper headphone amp until I bought the little SMSL on Black Friday. I’m really impressed...
  18. prisoners

Fosi Audio TB10D

Exclusively through Amazon for $79. Got mine today and it’s very good if it was $500; at this price all of us should own one. Just buy one and worry about where or how you’ll use it later.
  19. prisoners

Subwoofer hookup Q:

I figure I’d ask the pros here… I have a preamp with a single set of variable outputs and no fixed. I plan on splitting that signal and sending one pair of L/R to my active sub and the other pair to my power amp. My question is what do I do with the volume setting on the sub? I know it will...
  20. prisoners

It never, ever gets old.

I’m listening to live Judas Priest in preparation for the show on Saturday and I’m more amped up than ever. This will be my 28th time seeing them going all the way back to 1981 and every time is just the greatest thing ever.
  21. prisoners

Bags anyone?

My wife made the lettering with her Circut machine. Mine and hers favorite artists.
  22. prisoners

Saw a PBY Catalina today

Was driving past a small airport in Aurora, Illinois and had to stop for a closer look. Turns out this particular aircraft was built in 1944 by Vickers of Canada and was stationed in the Indian Ocean during WW2. Beautiful airplane.
  23. prisoners

Office system for the better half:

To her credit she picked out every piece; I just put it all together for her. NAD 320BEE NAD C541i Blusound Vault 2i PSB speakers
  24. prisoners

Audio Research/Odyssey system

As a result of an attentive wife (who first alerted me to a pair of speaker stands listed in a local “free to whoever wants them” ad), some polite inquiries on my part, and a generous woman handling her brother’s estate I purchased a substantial amount of nice equipment. Put this together and...
  25. prisoners

Bedroom Yamaha system

CR-640, DVD S2300 for CD and SACD, Onix Reference 1 MK III two ways. Simple but very satisfying.
Back
Top Bottom