Search results

1. K

Marantz 7 & KLH 9's in Littleton CO

The pix show an immaculate system asking $28,000.
  2. K

Marantz 2252B Vs Sansui 5000x ***Need advice on Choices**

I had to chuckle at the story of the girlfriend, because I have had both and would tell you to keep the one that fits the space. In fact, I would be tempted to sell either of the larger Marantz pieces as I think the prices for them are stupid high.
  3. K

What was your score for 2013

the best single deal this year was a sweet set of Renaissance 90s and two Carver Signature Sunfire Grand Cinemas for $1100.
  4. K

Could anyone help me decide between these amps?

Sosh, welcome aboard. Describing the gear you have, and your musical preferences always help when you ask for advice. After all, if your listening space is small and you like folk music, you might not need an M-4. Telling us where you're from might get you a tip on some local gear fitting...
  5. K

Did anyone buy a Pioneer quad receiver in Troy, MI this morning?

I can't believe people in SE Michigan go to estate sales. How many times do you have to show up way early only to find out the first numbers were given out days before? Or how many times do the answers to even simple questions leave you numb? Never again.
  6. K

Renaissance 90's coming home...

the 90s are sweet. Run mine bi-wired out of a Carver Sunfire Grand Cinema. Merry X-mas
  7. K

Stockton CL Time Frames?

my bet would be the serial numbers are far apart. I've never seen the cup on the left on a TF.
  8. K

Marantz 880's near four corners, $395

seriously? $400 seems way high. They are very nice rock speakers. Have a pair with plugs as my garage system, but I have to say they are not worth that price. I am basing that on what else is available at that price.
  9. K

What is the most inovative rock LP of all time?

jumped to end of thread after reading first page, so I apologize to anyone who said hip hop changed it all. No albums, just cassettes you had to scavenge for. Music CHANGED.
  10. K

Rediscovering the Stones

Shacky, do you know what the video was called of Keith at Chuck Berry's home? I have this memory of it showing on PBS way back in the day. Remember laughing as Chuck just seemed to hate the whole thing and made Keith know it. Maybe it's on YouTube.
  11. K

Rediscovering the Stones

I9, if it shows up in the local thrift, it's on. Funny thing about the '05 tour is having passed on joining a guy I had worked with (they were bought from a guy who has an in with the Stones who trades tix for cash + an airline ticket to venue). The seats were so close my buddy's daughter (on...
  12. K

Rediscovering the Stones

Icenine, it's going on 50 years for me. Saw their first tour in Detroit. And when I thought I might go back and check out the middle years, it turned out to be a senior moment: took the disc out after playing it three times in three days and saw it labelled disc one. LOL That explains the Chuck...
  13. K

What is the best rock and soul LP of all time and why?

if it is rock and soul together, pop in the Monterey Pop dvd and watch Otis. Some of the best rockers were all put in the shade by a soul man.
  14. K

Hafler DH 500 v Pro 500 what is the difference??

google "hafler dh-500 mosfets" and you will find a diyaudio thred from March 2005.
  15. K

I think that is true if the mosfet needs one P and one N to make a set (sure there is a technical name for this as I am only parroting here); however, I have seen it written a DH 500 can run with three Mosfets if there is a P/N set on one side and two sets on the other. I will find the reference.
  16. K

think the count I gave was too high. The P500 has 7, and the DH500 has 6.
  17. K

Anyone have side panel specs on an Onkyo M-504 Amp?

15 1/2" x 6 3/4" x 11/16". Remember that side panels will make some components too large for the space you currently have them in.
  18. K

check the search function, above. I think the "pro" has 8 mosfets vs 7 in the other.
  19. K

broken JVC turntable - what to spend

a JVC QL-Y5F that doesn't spin...what's it worth?
  20. K

Rediscovering the Stones

They were faves in late 60s, but I lost track of them in the mid-70s (did catch Mick and The Barbarians live). When I tried to get them back on the playlist, I just could not find my youthful zeal. Could not figure out if it was my middle age blahs or theirs. The albums were bloated and just...
  21. K

Detroit/Toledo La Scala Alert

what if they held an auction and no one came. Or, if no AKer had heard about it? Couple months back I texted a guy who buys highend stuff at auctions. The pix showed some Carver Sunfire amps and a set of Infinity Renaissance 90s. Those are things I felt I could not afford at the time, so I...
  22. K

Well, Andyman, it is out on AK. this takes it all back to the value/worth thread. I think the old von Neuman business theory would lead me to believe information brings things closer to true value. Of course, that means no score. Still better than an estate sale marking everything at BIN...
  23. K

Good speakers around $500?

Obviously, Australia is a fair piece from Detroit, but we see KLH 5s go for well under US$500 quite often. Small, but can use a powerful source to good affect.
  24. K

Sorry, Stemp, I had to share (since I could not get there). Really wanted a pair. Have these DH 1012s that might improve them. Oh,well, good luck to all AK bidders
  25. K

A very nice looking pair of Klipsch La Scalas will be auctioned off Saturday Nov 9. The auction is by Sundance Auction. It will be in Monroe starting at 9am. DO NOT search by "Klipsch" or "La Scala" as they have butchered the spelling.
Back
Top Bottom