1. brhalltx

What are you drinking now?

Red Bush.
  2. brhalltx

Best music for a bourbon taste off?

Where was the Very Old Barton? :D
  3. brhalltx

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

My best find so far... My coffee pot died. (Bear with me.) I went to several Goodwill stores, didn't find anything. Somebody gave me one. Wasn't quite it. I went to the closest Goodwill to my house. Found a nice coffee pot, just like the one I had before the one that just died. For $10...
  4. brhalltx

Huge rib roasts for $5.99 a lb. YES!!!

Vacuum seal, then freeze. No problems with chest freezers here.
  5. brhalltx

JBL 4410A Driver Values

Thanks; don't think I'd sell them for the offer regardless. Grills are good, cloth is loose.
  6. brhalltx

JBL 4410A Driver Values

I have a set of JBL 4410As I'm trying to sell locally. I had somebody make a lowball offer, then tell me that the drivers alone were worth half of what I was asking. What would the value of a 4410A be parted out? I think the drivers alone are worth 2x what he offered... (Woofers will need...
  7. brhalltx

Houston Craigslist- 4 JBL L100's

They're still up... Too bad they're in Baytown, and too bad that I'm downsizing and trying to sell a house (and some speakers)...
  8. brhalltx

NEED NEW Bulbs for your vintage equipment?

How hard are these to replace on a D1200?
  9. brhalltx

Lost a colleague in the Houston Texas floods.

I know the spot; it's basically a blind corner. If you were moving with any speed, you'd be in the water before you could stop.
  10. brhalltx

would a 1990 vsx-d1s...

I thought about fixing a VSX-D1S... The crowd inside and the point to point wiring dissuaded me. I bought another, and another, and then a VSX-95 which still works. :D
  11. brhalltx

Proton D1200

I have a bridgeable D1200; guess I should hook it up. ;)
  12. brhalltx

Huge rib roasts for $5.99 a lb. YES!!!

$4.88/pound here this week for bone in select. But it was definitely better than select.
  13. brhalltx

He shoots, he ...

Nice.
  14. brhalltx

Favorite Bourbon

Bartertown bourbon, anybody?
  15. brhalltx

Sold my business today

What's your next careeer?
  16. brhalltx

Be Careful Where You Park In S.F.

Yes, but they didn't live to tell about it.
  17. brhalltx

Lead Free Solder Tips or Suggestions

Chip Quik's stuff works well for removing lead free solder; I bought a kit of their flux and solder. And, of course, use leaded solder when installing new parts.
  18. brhalltx

Can you ship pizza (sucessfully)?

You can mail a watermelon; just stick a label and some stamps on it.
  19. brhalltx

Interesting JBL's Dallas

Damn.
  20. brhalltx

Favorite Bourbon

C. B. Jackson, anybody?
  21. brhalltx

Off to Texas.....

Sounds like a good change to me. :smoke:
  22. brhalltx

Off to Texas.....

Welcome to Texas. See the above; I knew I'd heard of a hifi store in Dallas...
  23. brhalltx

Kitchen knives

A mix of all sorts here, but more ceramics lately.
  24. brhalltx

Brewing Coffee: Electric Percolators ?

I have a Coffeematic search (not that it'll be listed with the correct spelling) on eBay, so I should see it. There aren't any 4852s up there now.
  25. brhalltx

Brewing Coffee: Electric Percolators ?

Well, it was badly packed too... So much so that I repacked it with the original stuff, then put that in another box with more packing material. This was from eBay; they listed it as a 4852 with a picture of a 4852, so they don't have much choice. They paid return shipping too...
Back
Top Bottom