Search results

1. D

Infinity RS IIIa - biwire setup - do I have it right ?

Know that I'm not the brightest bulb in the closet. Got a new to me pair of Infinity RS IIIa and 1st order of business is re-doing the crossovers. While there is some debate about passively bi-amping these or just using one stout high current amp, I can only go by my experience and it's been...
  2. D

Tell me this isn't one stout **** receiver

I picked up a pair of Infinity RS IIIa the other day and wanting to simply hear them, not worried about speaker placement etc because I planned on immediately re-doing the xo, I plopped them down, hooked them up to a Denon AVR 5800 and as time went by, had them cranked up pretty loud. Great...
  3. D

Infinity RS IIIa woofers - wired in series correct ?

I recently picked up a pair of Infinity RS IIIa and I'm just making sure the wiring on the woofers is correct as I've read some posts where they were wired wrong. Mine are wired in series - top woofer it is the red wire to the positive terminal on the speaker, bottom woofer it's the purple wire...
  4. D

Yamaha MX-800 - what voltage are led's in meters ?

I'm bad at reading schematics obviously. I need to replace the lights in the meter & mine seems to have all LED's in it. Could someone tell me what the voltage on those are ? I'm guessing 5 volts but thought I'd check 1st as there is also 15v there. Thanks
  5. D

Can anyone identify this amp

Can anyone identify this power amp ? That insignia looks so familiar but I just can't place it. The back half of it is basically all heat fins. Any info appreciated
  6. D

Carver amp - idle bias - Across emittors ok, speaker outputs high

Carver PM 175. Not serviced, just checking bias. Reads 73v at filter caps. Using RP100, RP200, measuring across both emitters, adjusted them both to .01mv . Checking at the speaker outputs, left channel reads 11mv, right channel reads 196mv Imagine we can agree 196mv is too high. Anyone have any...
  7. D

Altec A7 - can anyone identify what I bought 803B & 802 maybe

Not a bright way to purchase a pair of these but knowing basically nothing about the VOT speakers, I jumped in head 1st (wallet 1st maybe) and now I'm trying to figure out exactly what I have. The problem at the moment is getting the panel off the back of these isn't going too well, I'm sure...
  8. D

Altec 9440A "experts - 15335A or 15095A transformer for home use

I have a pair of Altec 9440A amps that I plan on using to drive a pair of MartinLogan SL3 at the moment if they turn out to be as nice when I'm done with them as many say they are. In the manual it only mentions using the 15335A transformer, one required for each channel to use the balanced high...
  9. D

Altec 9440A gurus - could use some info on Control Board

I picked up 2 9440A amps that were used as part of a sound distribution system and spent their lives in an enclosed rack so cosmetically they couldn't really look any better. I never even tried firing them up tho because after a quick examination there was an obvious problem on the control...
  10. D

Could someone tell me what this is

Could someone tell me what this is , what it's used for ? Thanks
  11. D

can anybody identify this vintage gear

I purchased this, paid more than I wanted to and it's a good thing I didn't know where it was or I probably wouldn't have bought it - thought it was in Memphis, 4 hours from me but turned out it's in Little Rock , 6 1/2 hours or so from me - am picking it up the 17th. I mainly wanted the amps...
  12. D

Magnavox Amp 175 - Standalone amp - pics on threads are all gone

I have a Magnavox 8802 I turned into a standalone amp even though I'm about as ignorant as they come about tube gear, I simply followed various threads that walked me right thru it. Really liking it, I picked up a AMP 175-77 I planned on doing the same thing with. Problem for me is most threads...
  13. D

Schematic symbol for capacitor - could someone clue me in

I've never seen this symbol used before, I'm guessing 1 would be negative ? Thanks - is obviously something best not left to just a wild guess. Thanks for any info
  14. D

Denon POA-2800 - where might these wires go

.I picked up this amp from someone who says he got it this way but I tend to believe he did it and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where these wires might go ? They appear to be coming out of the Red-Black-Blue wires that are plugged into the amp board. The other side has been cut also...
  15. D

ToneAudio - We Review The Bose 901 Speakers

I picked up 2 pair of the 901 Series II for what I thought was an awesome deal, great condition, no EQ, paid $175. It's my opinion that the Series I and Series II are the best sounding and those are the ones which was why once upon a time the 901's did need an enormous amount of power to sound...
  16. D

Anyone ever have CaptainFantastic work done - guy is jerk off

I have a HK Citation II needs restored, am moving to Mexico so just curious I see him on Ebay and message him. Tell him what I have, po started to upgrade it, was never finished. Chassis was painted and new sockets put in it but that's it. I do have all the parts. Wondering if u could give me a...
  17. D

Apogee Centaur - loose ribbons

I'm probably just not using the right search phrase but I have a pair of Apogee Centaur that I love but I blew out the ribbons on them. They still produce sound but they are really loose and twisted. I can't buy new ribbons at the moment but will in a few months because in my opinion, the $400...
  18. D

speaker addiction- Apogee Centaur's - and echowars work

Was selling a pair of Dahlquist DQ-12's just trying to thin the herd. Was meeting a guy in Murfreesboro at 5:00 pm to make the deal. That morning I'm perusing craigslist just passing time and lo and behold, a pair of apogee centaur's for $400.00 or obo One ribbon was still working, but it had...
  19. D

St Paul area - Ohm Walsh 2 speakers

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewitem-sugg.asp?itemid=17668265
  20. D

Oscilloscope - probe compensation - no square wave

got a new to me scope, very ignorant user. scope is a Leader LBO-518 100mhz 4 channel. Couldn't find the manual for it, but I have one for the LBO-516 and everything looks to be pretty much the same. Probes - P6109B, P6108, 2 ??? new 100 MHZ 1x-10x Trying to compensate my probes...
  21. D

anyone have schematics or info on Mirage OM-7 ?

new to me pair of OM-7. Me being me, I always like to see if maybe I can't upgrade the caps or ???? but I can't seem to find any schematics or much else info on them. A ton of reviews, but nothing on the inner workings. Also, even taking the grill off. hate to break them just seeing if the...
  22. D

Mirage OM-7 - a too long "review"

I have an addiction. Even though I still haven’t given my new to me Dahlquist DQ-12’s a proper tryout, perusing CL I saw a pair of Mirage OM-7 for sale that piqued my interest. I didn’t really know much about them but a quick google search gave me some reviews by Stereophile and Soundstage...
  23. D

why some spend $$$$$$$ on their systems

I've said this same thing before, but this guy explains it in a much simpler way then I have. This is why some spend so much money on their systems, not just because they have more money then sense or because it is a status symbol to them or whatever some seem to believe. "It is within this...
  24. D

mods - renewed subscription but not showing up ?

sorry about this, not sure where to put it though. My subscription ended and I renewed it yesterday via paypal. In the past I got access to barter town etc pretty much immediately. Today I looked under subscriptions in my control panel and it still wasn't showing anything ? Wondering if I got...
  25. D

Walk off the earth -

I liked it anyway. I like their cover version plus 5 people playing 1 guitar doesn't hurt HERE
Back
Top Bottom