Search results

1. heroesunplugged

Sony APM-22es Wiring

Lojsek from the diy forum provided the answer. White goes to tweeter, Red to woofer, and Brown is the input lead that connects to the terminals. All colored wires are positive, while the black is negative/common (for those that may not know).
  2. heroesunplugged

Sony APM-22es Wiring

Working on a pair of Sony APM-22es speakers and having a little bit of a time figuring out the wiring. The original owner disconnected the crossover and ran the wire from the main terminals to the woofer. What I'm trying to figure out is what color wire goes to the main terminals and then what...
  3. heroesunplugged

GW Find - North American Sound Speakers - lookin' for knowledge..

Picture of the pair of Monitors with Philips tweeter and 6 x 9 woofer. Also included a picture of the caps they used. Also worth mentioning, no solder.
  4. heroesunplugged

Are These Toby Speakers ?

Plan on replacing these caps since they were made in Mexico. Many speaker builds have the TI branded caps. For some reason I just don't equate Mexico and good audio, especially during this time-frame! However, that being said, I don't have any way to confirm that there is anything wrong with...
  5. heroesunplugged

Are These Toby Speakers ?

Realizing this thread is super old, I have a confirmed pair of NAS Monitor that have a 6x9 and a 1" Phillips tweeter. The cabs are finished with walnut Formica. The back plate has the NAS tag and is rectangular. with a single fuse. The 6x9 is run full-range and the tweeter has 2 caps. They have...
  6. heroesunplugged

. I think what you have are the Squires and Monitors (the smaller from the list posted earlier). The Studio Monitor is largest speaker (15" woofer). I have the same 2 pair that you have Oldag. Why companies double-down on using similar names makes things confusing. Marantz has a few vintage...
  7. heroesunplugged

Also noticing a lack of protruding fasteners/screws coming through the front baffle on the backside, securing the woofer.
  8. heroesunplugged

On the topic of from the first post post, they are the Monitor. I have the model that has the 1" Philips tweeter with the 6x9 woofer. They are very surprising. The image great. One thing that somebody mentioned in another thread (sorry don't know where I read this) is that the nothing is...
  9. heroesunplugged

Wondering if there are any other numbers on your woofers? I'm not sure, but the Squire has the same woofer as a Frazier Model Sevens. The Squire has Eminence 12" drivers. Frazier offered an upgrade to the standard offering. If the 15" in your monitor has any numbers that start with "67-" it's...
  10. heroesunplugged

How to select a replacement tweeter (without knowing specs) Norman Lab Model 10

Did you find the Model 10 tweeter? I'd advise sticking with stock unless you change all 4. It will be very difficult to match the Philips (and thats what NL used primarily). Post a pic if you can. I'm pretty familiar with Normans. There are 2 different Philips (if memory serves): 1 version has 3...
  11. heroesunplugged

Miller & Kreisel subs

Switches FWIW, the switches on my 2 V-1250THX subs need to be cleaned/replaced. I have to get them set just right for them to work properly. Try moving/nudging the switch slightly and see if the sound improves.
  12. heroesunplugged

Miller & Kreisel subs

Damaged Cone Like the others have indicated the driver and the electronics may have issues. The damaged cone is likely an indication you have a damaged voice coil too. Whatever caused the damage to the cone could have easily could have transferred to the delicate voice coil windings. May also...
  13. heroesunplugged

Adcom GFA-5500 Temperature Variance

Thanks again to the both of you. Wouldn't have done it without you. Chris
  14. heroesunplugged

Sounds good so I'll leave it alone for now. Large caps and smaller caps above had been replaced. May change the output caps later but doesn't seem necessary since it seems balanced low to high frequencies.
  15. heroesunplugged

Yes mV.
  16. heroesunplugged

Biased to 50.1 mV on both sides. Also, set DC Offset to about .4 to 1.2. DC never locked down (even after 25 minutes). Heat sinks remain cooler on the left side, but I can't hear an audible difference - yet. Will see when I rotate some other speakers in. Any other ideas as to what can cause the...
  17. heroesunplugged

Okay. Thanks for the verification/clarification/confirmation. I can't see the resistors label, but deduced that these must be the resistors as there are 10 and labeled left to right. Then again logic doesn't always compute! And I'll be very careful. May take a while to reply due to how small...
  18. heroesunplugged

Okay, I'm printing a service manual. How do I do this? Do you know if R51 & R52 are the larger resistors just below R41 & R42 (small Resistors) toward the front of the output boards? Can't see R51/52 on the boards.
  19. heroesunplugged

Recently acquired a second Adcom GFA-5500. The new one runs about 10 degrees cooler on the Left Channel than the Right. Any input as to whether this is to be a concern? If it is a concern/issue any idea as to why? DC Offset measures .5 Left and 1.0 Right. It sounds good but my other 5500's...
  20. heroesunplugged

MX130 Multiplex Flaking Out

That is one reason I will go outside of Tyler. The guys at Ft Worth Audio are McIntosh authorized service, so they should be trustworthy and do quality work. It's the 5 hour round trip so it will need to be for something else too. And I don't want to ship it because of the glass.
  21. heroesunplugged

Price of Mc Repair Agreed, the name badge does mean a higher price to repair. Doesn't seem like it should be quite as expensive as quoted because may be a little more straight forward, but the tech I spoke with on the phone may not know this particular pre if they haven't seen many of them in...
  22. heroesunplugged

Yes, stereo drops on all local and distant stations. It doesn't discriminate. I am using an indoor antenna but it's decent. Guess it is possible that I'm not in the best spot, but the fact that spraying those adjustable pots seems to fix it temporarily seems odd if its an electrical issue. Yes...
  23. heroesunplugged

I have a recently acquired MX130 that has a problem locking in on the stereo broadcast. It randomly drops and stays in mono most of the time, although the signal is showing to be good and strong. I have opened it up and sprayed a bit of DeOxit into the adjustments and it seems to have cleared up...
  24. heroesunplugged

Sansui QRX-7001 Lamp, Lights, Illumination Problem

Anybody? Anybody that can verify the wiring for the tuner lamp circuit board? Can you take a look at yours and verify the last pic wiring. I question the location of the gray wire in the last picture.
  25. heroesunplugged

Sansui QRX-7001 Lamp, Lights, Illumination Problem

Pictures Added of Light Assembly Board Here are a few pictures of the back side of the light board that may help.
Back
Top Bottom