Search results

1. fredcohiba

Magnum Dynalab Owners Thread

Hey you smart folks out there. I have the FT11. Like its sound a lot, but after about 10 minutes or so after power up, the station drifts. I have it set to 96.5 for example and after time, it shows 96.4 and is not tuned and the station cuts in and out. A quick adjust met of the know back to...
  2. fredcohiba

I had to put down one of my cats today

I am sorry for your loss.
  3. fredcohiba

Sending my watch off for complete overhaul

I have a number of other watches to rotate through for the duration. I am currently wearing this over the last few days.
  4. fredcohiba

They already gave me the estimate, $550. Amortized over the many years I have had it and enjoyed it, it works out to just a couple bucks a month.
  5. fredcohiba

I have had my automatic Omega Seamaster since I bought it new in 2002. It is my daily wearer and is in very nice physical shape. About two years ago I had dropped it from my dresser onto the carpet and it started to run slow. Took it to a local watchmaker and he replaced a jewel and reoiled...
  6. fredcohiba

I have had a Nikon D7100 for about a week now. So far, awesome.

I shot a wedding with my 7100 this weekend just love it. Almost 400 shots taken and not one was off in exposure, color, or focus. I am currently only using Nikon lenses.
  7. fredcohiba

'The Americans' on FX

I really liked the show as well, and I guess after some reflection the final episode was better than I initially thought, but it did leave a lot of loose ends. Maybe a sequel is in the works.
  8. fredcohiba

'The Americans' on FX

Series finale...ended with a whimper. A bit disappointing.
  9. fredcohiba

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues on B&W 805N.
  10. fredcohiba

Vintage German radio repair - Milwaukee and Chicago area

Thanks, unfortunately they do not repair complete radios, only chassis. I'd have to remove the chassis and that kind of defeats the purpose as I am sure I would do some damage in the process.
  11. fredcohiba

Vintage German radio repair - Milwaukee and Chicago area

Hello. Looking for a good repair shop or private individual to look at and repair a few German tube radios I have circa 1960. One is a Blaupunkt and one is a Saba. Expanded area to Chicago...
  12. fredcohiba

anyone ever contemplate just getting rid of everything?

I got rid of a bunch of my gear that I had used and liked for years, only to get newer equipment and refresh everything. I have not looked back. I think it all sounds better than the stuff I had. Only kept a few sentimental pieces that would have been too hard to part with even though I don't...
  13. fredcohiba

What speakers do you run on your Pioneer SX-1250?

I use Klipsch Kg4 speakers on my Pioneer SX-950 and it is sweet. Maybe some bigger Klipsch, like Forte or??
  14. fredcohiba

2018 AXPONA: April 13-15, Schaumburg IL

I really enjoyed the show. Went on Friday and it was really busy. Heard Andrew Jones speak - that was very neat. Best of show for me was the Bob Carver rooms with the ALS (Amazing Line Source) Speaker, they were very nice sounding. Looking forward to next year...
  15. fredcohiba

Any HVAC folks out there? What to buy?

Update: The sales person from the dealer I chose also gave me information on a brand I had never really heard of until I was at the Home Show a month ago, Daikin. They are a Japanese company and the parent of Goodman and Amana. They are reportedly the largest HVAC company in the world. All...
  16. fredcohiba

I think I have narrowed it down to a Carrier Infinity 98% efficiency furnace and a Goodman AC unit. Both units are 2nd from the top of their respected lines and highly recommended by the dealer. As to the dealer, they are a Carrier and Goodman HVAC dealer and have been in business for the...
  17. fredcohiba

I will heed your advice. I have had a few estimates and already prefer one contractor over the other, even though his price is a bit higher. He seemed to say all the right things, acted very professional and talked about things to watch out for from other contractors (if I did not go with his...
  18. fredcohiba

The one thing I did read over and over, was that Carrier was overpriced Ha.... It is a gas system.
  19. fredcohiba

I have a 21 year old furnace and A/C unit in my home and am thinking of preventively getting a new set up just to avoid it dying at the worst time and gaining some efficiency and lowering the energy bill. My current system is a Carrier and it is an 80% efficiency furnace. Looking at 96%...
  20. fredcohiba

Problems with bass in one of my Klipsch KG4's

First step. Get the inner cardboard tube of a paper towel roll. Put one end at your ear and carefully - using safe volume levels, listen to each of the three speakers on the front baffle. Do they all emit sound?
  21. fredcohiba

Came way too close to losing my good friend yesterday.

Well that is truely a horrific experience albeit a terrific ending. You are very lucky and I am glad all is well. Give him extra hugs.
  22. fredcohiba

Monitor Audio Silver 6 Speakers

To the OP - I was somewhat swayed by your mention of running two subs, so I bit the bullet and bought another SVS SB-12-NSD to run in stereo mode off my Parasound Halo Integrated. I like it very much. Thanks.
  23. fredcohiba

Anyone know anything about watches?

A refurb is supposed to take the watch back to showroom new. It's not just a repair - that would be less expensive. So, a mechanical watch and it's worth is totally in the eye of the beholder. Kind of like comparing high end audio equipment, everyone has their opinion. A very nice Mac or...
Back
Top Bottom