Search results

1. B

Sansui TU999 repair

Hi Folks, I live in the Richmond VA area and I need to get my Sansui TU999 Tuner serviced. What technicians are in the area that work on such a vintage Tuner? Thanks Bart
  2. B

Searching for the perfect pairing.

What is the perfect preamp/amp or integrated amp for my old trusty Vandersteen 2Ce(s). I fully realize that asking such a question will ellicit as many answers as sand on the beach, but I need ideas. Thanks
  3. B

Find equivalent or better to replace the Signet MR 5.0 ml

Hi Folk, Considering today's high compliance cartridges, what would be equivalent or better than my old trusty Signet MR 5.0 ml cartridge? Thanks
  4. B

Are audiophiles elitists?

Some are, and some aren't. The ratio is anyones guess.
  5. B

A $100 to $200 dollars audio interface to rip vinyl records to wav format

First off, how much do I need to spend to get good quality wav rips of my vinyl records? What units should I be looking at? Thanks
  6. B

AP Client Suggestions.

Hi Folks, My WiFi router is on one side of the house, and my Internet ready TV in on the other side of the house. It's not possible to run a cable from the router to the TV. The TV is not capable of WiFi. So what I'd like suggestions for is, what is a recommended WiFi AP Client. What I'd like...
  7. B

Looking for a 16 pole synchronous motor

Good idea about the pics. I will return shortly......
  8. B

Looking for a 16 pole synchronous motor

My Walker CJ55 turntable has developed an annoying tick in the motor. I need a replacement 16 pole synchronous AC 110/240 volt unit. Any idea where I can get a quality HiFi grade replacement? Thanks Bart
  9. B

List the top 3 best sounding speakers you have ever owned.

Boston Acoustics A60 Vandersteen 2Ce
  10. B

5.25" Speakers

Hi Folks, Well it's that time of the year again where I'm desperate to find some sort of gift that my wife will enjoy and I've hit upon an idea. We have a whole house, built in, music system that was installed by the homes builder that was here when we bought the home. I'm assuming that it's...
  11. B

An ignorant fool!!

I think he's absolutely correct. There is a lot of snake oil in the "audiophile" world. The trick is to sort through the crap..... My current favorite example of audiophile snake oil are the speaker cable risers. You've seen them, the little telephone pole shaped pieces of wood that the speaker...
  12. B

who of you use the "LOUDNESS" button??

Sure, I use it. When the volume is down so low that the bass and treble can hardly be heard, on goes the loudness button. All other times it's off. From my limited understanding of the concept of the loudness button, that was how it was meant to be used.
  13. B

$500 DAC recommendations.

Follow up: Pangea repaired the power supply. Result! Everythings back to normal, the DAC works and I'm pleased with how Pangea did the right thing. Too bad not all manufactures act so responsibly............ End of story. Ta Ta.
  14. B

Update: Seems my DACMagic didn't go up in smoke from the Pangea P-100 after all. Turns out that the original power supply of the DAC simply stopped working during the period that I was using the P-100. Thanks goodness, at least the DAC might have made it out alive. I'll know for sure when...
  15. B

Largest Effect on Overall Sound

I agree with nailer. Mood has everything to do with it. Remember the time when you heard that tune on your car radio and you thought it was the best song ever? And that was on a crap car radio with cheap tiny speakers. Yep, mood has a lot to do with it.
  16. B

What's your latest audio purchase?

I could have had the whole shebang for a hundred bucks. But because it was being sold to raise food for the needy, I gave them two hundred for it all. But, I still consider it a hundred dollar steal.
  17. B

What's your latest audio purchase?

I bought a legacy unit, a Pioneer RT 707 reel to reel tape deck. In great shape. I got it for a steal and 80 tapes came with it as well. Woo Hoo!
  18. B

Pangea called back. They requested that I send it back so they can have a look it it. So far, so good!
  19. B

I left a voice mail for Pangea in addition to an e-mail message explaining my experience with their product. We shall see if I get a response.
  20. B

Any opinion on Dr. Dre headphones?

Amen to that!
  21. B

The Pangea didn't start a fire. It has no U/L insignia on the unit, so I assume it was not listed. The fuse blew, but it did not prevent something on the circuit board from burning. The smell was the first hint of any trouble. I have not contacted Pangea, perhaps I should. Whatever went in the...
  22. B

China! Paypal! If it wasn't for your testimonial and of others, I'd of thought staying clear was the best course of action.
  23. B

How safe is it to buy from Audio-GD? Seems a bit shaky to me.....
  24. B

How, in what way? Thanks
  25. B

Three questions: 1. I still don't get why anyone would want DSD, unless they have an SACD system? 2. I'm leaning heavily towards the Schiit BiFrost W/Uber Analog upgrade. But, I'm still piqued by the CA DACMagic Plus. And I know that some folks are less than impressed with the DACMagic...
Back
Top Bottom