Search results

1. Dave Bowman

Magneplanar MG-1 one works, one not!

Thanks Gonzo! Dave
  2. Dave Bowman

Thanks for the reply! I can't wait to take out the "thousands" of staples that hold the sock on! :D here goes.............. Dave
  3. Dave Bowman

Hey Gang! Well I just got a pair of Magneplanar MG-1 and a Clairtone Stereo Cabinet for $100 One maggie sounds great:music: the other on the other hand does not work at all :no:.... The non-working one had a blown fuse, so I replaced it, and....Nada! nothing! Where do I start? and just...
  4. Dave Bowman

Greetings from Vancouver, Canada!

Welcome Abacus!
  5. Dave Bowman

Thorens TD 150 Cartridge Question

hey! Congrats on your new tt! My pick.... Shure M97xE or any of the v15's, I'm pretty sure they will comply with that arm... Happy listening!! Dave
  6. Dave Bowman

Interconnects

I was using monster cable RCA on my turntable and being a skeptic on cable improvment was shocked by how much my table opened up, when I "upgraded" to SME 3009 phono interconnect with Van Damme classic XKE Pro-Patch cable using original plugs. My 2c Dave
  7. Dave Bowman

RIP Stompin Tom Connors

So sad Tom is gone....a rebel, a true Canadian icon, a great musician! My wife is going out tonight, so I think I'll be buying a 6 pack of molson canadian beer, and see if I can bum a export "A" cigarette........ Sit down in the stereo room, in the dark, and listen Tom............. Dave
  8. Dave Bowman

Simplicity, Speaker toe-in Secret!.............

Why didn't I try this 20 years ago!............. Turn up, Sit down, Turn off the lights! Keep enough light to see what your doing, toe em in.......... Crazy! but it worked great for me............:music: Dave
  9. Dave Bowman

Cut Me Off, Will You?

I drive a city bus for a living, and the guy does what I would LOVE to do on a daily basis...... but............. I'm a PROFESSIONAL DRIVER and I have a responsibility to get my customers home safe, regardless of the jerks I deal with everyday on the road. I'd get my ass sacked in a...
  10. Dave Bowman

Perfect Rock Albums?

:thmbsp::thmbsp: bought that in 77?.... Still love it!
  11. Dave Bowman

I don't mind flippers, but really?

Museum quality condition, transparent, almost 3D sound! a detailed ambient soundstage................. will trade for crack....... :D:banana:
  12. Dave Bowman

Best instrumental intro's to songs?

The string intro to "You only live twice"........ Dave
  13. Dave Bowman

The 10 Most Annoying Concert Behaviors

NOT passing the dope down the row ( Damn joint bogarts!):smoke::D
  14. Dave Bowman

Possibly the longest running classified ad ever?

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Two-3-way-Loudspeaker-Boxes_10194331 Possibly the longest running classified ad ever? This ad was first placed on September 23, 2009 :scratch2: Dave
  15. Dave Bowman

Another early video - Roxy Music with Brian Eno

Great stuff! I'm a huge fan!! VIVA! ROXY MUSIC!!!! Dave
  16. Dave Bowman

My New PHK Record Cleaning Machine!

Well I bought my first RCM, a PHK Record Cleaning Machine. I looked at a bunch of different ones on-line, read reviews, and not having anything close cash wise to buy a VPI, Monks, etc, pulled the trigger and bought the PHK. What can I say! it works great, has a small foot print, and my...
  17. Dave Bowman

LP dividers

I did the same thing.....it was cheap, fun and looks great! Dave
  18. Dave Bowman

Damping Thorens 160

Here ya go............ http://www.theanalogdept.com/chassis_damping.htm Dave
  19. Dave Bowman

Score a Paragon, put the through college.

The new base Vette starts at 52..........
  20. Dave Bowman

New speakers in the house

Nice Speakers Man! I can't get over how good my Mirage's sound, yours must be SWEET!! Question: what gauge wire are you using there? Dave
  21. Dave Bowman

klipsch heresy's gone! MIRAGE M-SI's in the house!

I was reading my manual and quote: "The Mirage m-series are bi-polar design and come with matched left and right pairs" Stupid newb question: How can I tell what speaker is left and what speaker is right? are these speakers "mirror imaged" ? Anyone? Dave
  22. Dave Bowman

Ya....I'm listening now too........ M-3si...Wow!:music: Enjoy those OM-9's! Dave
  23. Dave Bowman

I didn't have time to take a pictures of the of mine (I took a picture off the net for reference..... I hope no copyright laws were violated during the making of this thread! :D Here is a pic of mine..............:banana: sorry about the bad pic! Dave
  24. Dave Bowman

I got them for $350 I think that was a huge deal though........
  25. Dave Bowman

Ya I heard they take a lot of juice, But I think the Citation 16 may be a good match...... Dave
Back
Top Bottom