Search results

1. G

Kenwood 500 Restore Help Needed

Dj7675. I am also in the Portland area and have a 500 and a 600 I am thinking about having restored. Any tech suggestions would be welcome. Geoff
  2. G

TEAC 3300S goes to fast forward when pause button pressed

Apparently we are the only ones with this problem?
  3. G

My first reel to reel was........

A used Teac 3340S purchased in 1976.
  4. G

TEAC 3300S goes to fast forward when pause button pressed

When you press the Pause button on my 3300S it goes to fast forward mode. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any ideas what the fix might be? Should I be looking for a new control button group?
  5. G

Tuner repairs Portland area

I have had Doug work on a number of pieces (no tuners though) and have been very happy with his work.
  6. G

Turntable repair tech needed in the PNW

Curious to see how the guy in Vancouver works out, I have taken amps and receivers to Doug and have been very happy. I have taken one TT to though with no luck.
  7. G

Who likes Scotch with your Music

Try Tasmanian single malts if you can find them. The distillers there know what they are doing.
  8. G

What do you own that is TOTL?

Would these be considered TOTL? Kenwood Supreme 600 Dual 1229Q Teac 334S
  9. G

Dual 1229Q

Thanks for the replies. I feel better now about Bohhey now that I have someone with experience. Not sure if I am up to repairing it myself.
  10. G

Dual 1229Q

My Dual is not working the way it should right now. I spoke with a local tech and he said he knows exactly what is wrong with it but cannot get parts that are satisfactory. I wrote to Fix My Dual and he says he can fix it as good as new. Does anyone have any experience with this company...
  11. G

What's your latest audio purchase?

Kenwood 600
  12. G

Tech in Portland Oregon??

I thank you all for your responses. This will be a great help.
  13. G

Tech in Portland Oregon??

Does anyone have a tech they can recommend in the Portland, Oregon area?
  14. G

Kenwood KA-7150

Ka-7150 Thanks for the reply. I have been taking my equipment to a tech that Kenwood lists on their website. Mostly I have been very happy with their work. I am beginning though to wonder as this is the second amp (other is a Kenwood KA-4006) I have taken there and been told that the...
  15. G

Kenwood KA-7150

I bought a Kenwood KA-7150 the other day and had trouble with the left channel, there was either no volume or very low volume. I took it to my service tech and they cleaned all the pots and switches. When I got it home it was still doing the same thing except the problem sometimes occurs on...
  16. G

Kenwoood 4006

The speaker switch on my Kenwood 4006 is giving me trouble. You cannot select just the A speakers, the B speakers come on also. I tried to have the switch replaced but of course my service guy could not get one. I see the same switch on E-Bay but it is from an 8006. Are these the same...
  17. G

Kenwood Supreme (500/600/650/700) informal user's group?

chicks thoughts seem to make sense. My 500 (520005) was purchased in 1975.
  18. G

Kenwood 500

Yes. It does make sense to me. So that would mean that I can just hook up the second amp and there should be no damage to the Kenwood then. This makes it a lot simpler to use two amps then. Thanks for the advice.
  19. G

Kenwood 500

I have a Kenwood model 500 that has a switch on the back that allows me to separate the pre-amp and the amplifier. If I want to use two power amplifiers do I have to use the switch to separate the pre-amp from the amp and then use Y adapter cables to connect the pre-out to the two amplifiers or...
  20. G

What was your college system and what were you listening to then??

Started in 1974 with a Heathkit AR-1500 receiver, Dual 1229Q TT a Teac A-170 cassette deck and some Heathkit speakers in really ugly home built cabinets. The next year the receiver was replaced by a Kenwood Supreme 500. The year after that I added a Teac 3340S RTR.
  21. G

What's your favorite audio component to collect?

I am not sure why but I like tuners also. Glad to see there are at least some of us out there.
  22. G

RCA distribution block??? Is there one???

Thanks to Goodwill HiFi. the DBX 200x looks good and seems to fit my needs.
  23. G

RCA distribution block??? Is there one???

I have been looking for the same sort of thing myself. I would like to be able to switch between multiple tuners. This must be something out there that will do this and looks good besides.
Back
Top Bottom