Search results

1. O

Woofer Pumping When Adjusting Preamp Volume Level

Mark, thanks..the guidance you provided is exactly what I needed to start a determination of what is causing the woofer pumping...will attempt to confirm if any DC is on volume control (hoping I can make sense of the signal path and the culprit, after doing)...will report back. Blue...
  2. O

The trouble w/ that admonishing tone is that there is no schematic.
  3. O

It's a B&K MC-101 Sonata Series w/ Noble volume pot (see photo)...I have no schematic...the 'internet' says the schematic of the B&K PRO-10MC is the same; w/ only difference being tone controls are added on this pumping unit, the MC-101). Inside, I see a lot of electrolytic can caps (mostly...
  4. O

"...fix the reason the control has DC on it and I think the issue will be fixed." What component what cap would be failing...power supply cap?
  5. O

Any advice is appreciated...adjusting volume control on preamp causes woofers to pump; when control is stationary, no pumping...volume control is Noble 277Y100KΩX2 (sealed). Does this seem as if it's a bad volume control?
  6. O

DQ10's in Roswell, GA CL

The owner sold these for the full asking price of $599.00...in 2015. He is a little smarter than you folks.
  7. O

Philips GA212 Toggle Switch Mod

RESOLUTION (so few of them get posted, eh?): a guy that's starting a record store called to buy some vinyl and said he also had a 212 (of course, with issues but powers up) he would throw in. So I pulled the transformer from it and put it in the dead unit and it powered up (power switch...
  8. O

It does not power up regardless of how i jumper it...so it must be the transformer. I have a electronics repair knowledge deficit so I don't have the know-how to proceed. and, candidly, don't want to put money into it ($25-30 for a cartridge carrier before I start buying parts). I borrowed a...
  9. O

Thanks. This is a garage sale find...beautiful cosmetics; sound is fine; just no power switch...the owner said he fried something trying to put in a new switch (he'd lost both switches). The turntable is brain dead after jumpering to check...I do not see any melted wires or anything else that...
  10. O

Forgot to confirm that the transformer leads are the green/blue wires.
  11. O

Belt is fine. Thanks again for the guidance. Yes, the power leads are yellow/grey. So I can connect yellow to blue and grey to green.......................or..................yellow to green and grey to blue. Either set of connections will work?
  12. O

Thanks. I should have given more info. I acquired this table with no power switch and, when opened, was surprised to see 4 leads that go to the switch (Blue Green Yellow Grey)...thought it would be 2 wires. In order to verify whether the switch is the only problem, how do I connect the 4 wires...
  13. O

My GA-212 has 4 terminals on the power switch; 2 wires coming from the power cord and 2 wires going to the turntable's transformer. My replacement switch only has 2 terminals. How would I wire in this 2 terminal replacement. switch? Thanks.
  14. O

Missing a Badge on my Frazier Manhattans but don't care.

Corrected photo links (I hope...new to this) These should work: http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/jaquesofspeed/Frazier%20Speakers/Picture098.jpg http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr260/jaquesofspeed/Frazier%20Speakers/Picture096.jpg...
  15. O

Help with identifying Fraziers Could someone advise what model Frazier speakers these are...there are no models but there are serial numbers (thought a picture would be worth a thousand serial numbers)...hope I'm adding these photos correctly...thanks! <a...
  16. O

Help with identifying Fraziers Could someone advise what model Frazier speakers these are...there are no models but there are serial numbers (thought a picture would be worth a thousand serial numbers)...hope I'm adding these photos correctly...thanks! <a...
  17. O

Hello, Not certain I am PM'ing you but I saw your photos of Well Tempered Turntables and am...

Hello, Not certain I am PM'ing you but I saw your photos of Well Tempered Turntables and am writing to ask for your assistance with a WT Classic I acquired. The paddle shaft is not centered in the circular reservoir and it makes (I believe it is the cause) the arm drift like there is too...
  18. O

You Might Be an Audiophile if ..........

You swear you can hear the difference between coal-fired and nuclear electricity. You listen to your system outside of your listening room to eliminate that annoying 70 hz chest cavity resonance. You have actually looked at the electronics section of Craigslist in Croatia. All the...
  19. O

Yamaha C-2a Preamp Problem

Thank you, Mchaz. That's a great help and that site is fantastic. Read thru the previous posts once and will now do so with the unit and schematic in front of me. I knew I was in good hands when I saw the "Lark's Tongues in Aspic" cover (saw them on the "Starless" tour with Trower in...
  20. O

Thanks Artie. It's as you say (couple of technicians have surmised it also), the symptoms would seem to lead to bad caps and/or transistors (I guess this is some good news as replacement caps/trannies are easier to find than volume controls). I was reading about how to check DC offset in...
  21. O

Other Controls are Problematic Thanks Avionic. Did a bit more diagnosis on the unit and other controls cause movement/severe woofer popping in the misbehaving channel (the other channel plays fine). Here's what each control causes in the bad channel: Volume knob: noise and woofer pumping...
  22. O

Cademan - thanks for the response. I used to have a SX-1010...all 63 lbs. worth...nice sounding. Any idea how I can clean that volume control (see my previous post as to the difficulty in doing so). Also, can you direct me to the pre driver/tone control transistors in the photo (see...
  23. O

Link to Photo of Yamaha Preamp Ooops...here's the link http://www.thevintageknob.org/YAMAHA/C2A/C2A.html
  24. O

Problem with Yamaha C-2a Preamp I've done a bit more investigating and it seems the noise and woofer pumping is caused by the volume control. The noise and pumping only happens at the lowest volume level (8:00 o'clock - 9:00 o'clock) whereas 8:00 is no volume and after 9:00, the noise and...
  25. O

I just acquired a used Yamaha C-2a Preamp that seems to have bad cap(s) in the right channel. The symptoms are noise (like noise between FM stations) and woofer pumping (again, just the right channel)...the audio quality is fine. Does it sound like bad caps and any suggestions as to which caps...
Back
Top Bottom