Search results

1. mikeybc

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

IF this ever actually happens I wonder how the state of California is going to make up all the lost revenue from speeding tickets.
  2. mikeybc

Speakers: What do you own?

Current PSB Stratus (original Stratus) Rega 2 ProAc Response 2.5 Yamaha NS-30X Realistic Minimus 7 Bose 301 Series II Paradigm Micro Energy Pro 22 Past Energy 22 Reference Connoisseur. Paradigm 3se Mini Paradigm 3se Paradigm 7se Paradigm Export Monitor Paradigm Studio 20 (first version)...
  3. mikeybc

First Set, Paradigm Mini Monitor v3

Your Mini Monitor is an awesome little speaker for the money and I couldn't say if the Compact Monitor would sound better...I have not heard the Compact. However the build quality of the cabinet is far superior. According to Paradigms literature the cabinet except the baffle and bracing was...
  4. mikeybc

First Set, Paradigm Mini Monitor v3

Hi, yes, I traded a pair of 7se's in on a new pair of Export Monitors back in 1989 or 90.
  5. mikeybc

TANNOY Comet C-10 speakers

These Tannoy's were made by API, same folks behind Energy, Mirage, Sound Dynamics etc. in case anyone is curious.
  6. mikeybc

What display would you use?

2 or 3 , What unit are we even looking at here ?
  7. mikeybc

What's the most embarrassing piece of music in your collection?

Trio, the self titles album with "Da Da Da"
  8. mikeybc

Luxman R-404 User Manual

yes, i remember a post about that a few years back I should have done it when I had it all apart last year chasing a cold solder joint when the display was intermittent.
  9. mikeybc

Luxman R-404 User Manual

Yes, It's a nice sounding little receiver for sure, I have the black face version R-104, it has the station amnesia though.
  10. mikeybc

Power Cable Farce

Since this thread is now old and stale maybe the OP can state the brand ?
  11. mikeybc

Energy Pro 22: Are the tweeters doomed to fail?

the complete rebuilds at ABI Tech are expensive, but some shops can do a ferrofluid refresh and your good. These tweeters are very easy to take apart and reassemble without worry of voice coil alignment. as long as you mark the magnet and faceplate with a line so they go together the same...
  12. mikeybc

Minimus 7 repairs

Something does not make sense, I've never seen a 40-2030a baffle look like that. Those look like they had a custom baffle added to the front
  13. mikeybc

Classic Rock CD/Albums which were the biggest DISAPPOINTMENTS

BOOOOOOO !! Just kidding :) Your Rush is My Aerosmith for the same reasons. I’ll go hide now.
  14. mikeybc

How much did your system cost to put together?

In the main music system only I’m in at around 5-6 k Canadian so far All bought used except for turntable and cart. full retail would’ve been over 10k
  15. mikeybc

Musical Fidelity Owners Thread

For the integrated amp I believe it's just a slight power bump from 85 to 115 watts per channel and cosmetics, ie. larger volume knob and the gold volume knob and bottom trim was switched to silver I think the A3.2 and A308 series were the last to be made in England.
  16. mikeybc

Show us Videos of your systems! Let's see and hear them!

Thanks, All I remember is it's Jesse Cook, Cant remember track name or which album it was on, You can "soundhound" it or use shazam it for more info.
  17. mikeybc

ProAc Owners Thread

Yes, it's the main reason I decided to invest a little bit more into these rather than spend a lot more on new speakers. Once you get them placed right it's simply about the music.
  18. mikeybc

ProAc Owners Thread

In Canadian dollars my woofers were around 350 or 375, but that was 5 years ago. You just need to figure out if you can find a nicer sounding speaker than your 2S's for a little over 400 bucks.
  19. mikeybc

ProAc Owners Thread

yes
  20. mikeybc

ProAc Owners Thread

Well I just installed new tweeters for a speaker that has been out if production for almost 20 years it's refreshing to see ProAc still supports older models with the proper drivers. Hopefully that tradition continues. Woofers changed in 2018 or 2019 with the proper ProAc stamped baskets, not...
  21. mikeybc

Musical Fidelity Owners Thread

Great amp ! I was sooo close to buying the A308 ! But I went with the A3.2 int with the 3.2CD player instead. The 308 was about the same price as both 3.2 units. If I could go back and do it over I would’ve bought the 308 and skipped the cd player, though the A3.2 combo never let me down...
  22. mikeybc

Let's talk car audio - what did/do you have?

In the mid 90’s I had a 85 Accord with an 90 watt system. An Alpine 7909 head unit, feeding an Audio Control EQX-II then through its electronic crossover at around 80 Hz. It fed low pass to a bridged Rockford Fosgate Punch 45HD, then high pass went to another Punch 45HD driving the front...
  23. mikeybc

What was the last movie you watched?

Avatar 2 at the theatre this past Saturday. The majority of the reviews are pretty much spot on.
  24. mikeybc

Favorite T.V. theme song

U.F.O. Has a catchy tune.
  25. mikeybc

Saba Speakers and Open Air Inductor Coils

Your describing an inductor, they cut or roll off high frequencies. Air core inductors are said to sound better than iron core and ferrite core inductors though they take up more space.
Back
Top Bottom