Search results

1. S

New Rectilinear III

Hmmm. The 60uF cap in the photo is rated at 25 V. If I remember Ohm's Law correctly, Power = I X R = (V Squared)/ R = (V Squared)/8 Ohms = (25 X 25)/8 = 78 Watts. So if you run over 78 Watts thru this speaker, do you exceed the rated voltage and what happens if you do? These speakers were...
  2. S

New Rectilinear III

The Philips midranges in Rec 3 typically came with a black plastic (0.9 liter) container to protect them from bass compression. Perhaps, like other cave dwellers, this one lost its pigmentation from living so long in a lightless environment.<grin> Photos of the fronts of the midranges or...
  3. S

Rectilinear 3 driver replacement

I always assumed that the smaller Peerless tweeters in Rec IIIs are the supertweeters. But I just read a posting in an epinions consumer site that described the larger tweeters as the supertweeters. Anyone know which is which? Thanks
  4. S

Finally recapped the Rectilinear III lowboys...

What types and brands do you recommend for caps? I've read people swooning over their $600 capacitors. There's no chance that, even if I had it, I'd spend that much. On the other end of the price spectrum, though, I imagine that below a certain quality level, they'd sound worse rather than...
  5. S

Rectilinear 3 driver replacement

Has anyone out there replaced the tweeters or supertweeters in Rectilinear 3s? I sometimes wonder (and I've seen posts from others) if replacing the Peerless cone tweeters with more modern soft dome tweeters would give a better sound or spatial soundstage. The Rectilinear 5 seems similar...
Back
Top Bottom