Search results

1. DannyboyNYC

2 amps, one set of speakers - what do you recommend?

Just throwing this out there... I would like to run my turntable on a tube amp and my streaming stuff on another amp. Both amps would be connected to the same set of speakers. Any recommendations for gear so I don't have to plug and unplug, or am I smoking too much? Thanks in advance for all...
  2. DannyboyNYC

My Lumiod adventure

I've been considering getting a new pair of mid/hi end headphones and happened across a service that will let you rent 3 headphones for two weeks to try out. This sounds like an easy and cheap way to sample some pretty expensive headphones at home, with your own equipment, and at your leisure...
  3. DannyboyNYC

New 100 lb turntable with cast iron plinth

Can't say I've ever seen anything quite like this before. I like the execution and basically agree with the designer - "So much of the current audio aesthetic is very shiny and plastic, often monochromatic black—it frankly leaves us very cold." Looks like they nail the industrial chic with...
  4. DannyboyNYC

Luxman L-450 Question (and SM request)

Hi there. I am in the process of rejuvenating/troubleshooting a new-to-me Luxman 450 amp with an intermittent scratchy left channel (only when a signal is present, on all inputs and all speaker outs). I suspect a faulty transistor or bad solder joint. Does anybody know if I can connect to...
  5. DannyboyNYC

WTB Luxman Equalizer G120a

Looking for a G120a equalizer with wood case to complete my stack (450/T115). Must have wood case. Any leads appreciated. PM me.
  6. DannyboyNYC

Danny Boy's TOTL Mess!

Sources Apple TV (with iTunes Match) - bought with AMEX points Music Hall MMF 5.1 Turntable, MMF branded Ortofon cartridge - Craigslist Schiit Gungnir DAC - bought used from a Computer Audiophile dot com habitué, fed via optical from the Apple TV (and possibly soon via USB from a Mac Mini)...
Back
Top Bottom