Search results

1. OverLoad

ADS-910's

This is incorrect. This was asked previously by member Aptone and I provided a detailed answer and explanation earlier in this thread HERE
  2. OverLoad

Determining Capacitor Outside Foil End

Mundorf identifies the outer foil by the shorter lead.
  3. OverLoad

Sansui AU-X1 speaker relays.....

No, that is the wrong part. You want https://nz.rs-online.com/web/p/non-latching-relays/8287246/
  4. OverLoad

AK Contest! Derek & the Dominos -- Layla MoFi GIVEAWAY + Subscriptions

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. Maybe it's about to turn.
  5. OverLoad

Yamaha CA-2010 meter driver PM-02 / IG00136 help needed

Well isn't that a son of a gun, that's obviously the first box I've seen encapsulated. I'll knock on some wood and consider myself lucky having not encountered encapsulated ones as of yet. I'm afraid your luck isn't about to get any better thus far. I had done this surgery with my CA-2010 a...
  6. OverLoad

Yamaha CA-2010 meter driver PM-02 / IG00136 help needed

Having had my own personal CA-2010 with a borked VU meter many years ago, I decided to investigate the black box IC. The only thing I had to loose was a single working meter so I decided to carve open the box. The parts are not encapsulated in potting compound, just the bottom of the PCB is...
  7. OverLoad

Fuse Bulbs in Vintage Rotel RX-304

The tuner dial lamps are located on each front corner of the receiver. You'll be able to see the wires from the 3 meter lamps traveling to the lamp holders on each end of the dial.
  8. OverLoad

ADS-910's

The ONLY capacitor that should really be changed on the 910's is the 90uF/100uF bi-polar electrolytic. I'm just being honest here, the HUGE metallized polypropylene caps with the loooooong wires that the person with barely a clue installed on Glenn's crossovers in place of these is absolutely...
  9. OverLoad

Compact Dim Bulb Tester Wiring

I've tried reloading, clearing cache, reboot, the works and no love. Now for the latest wrench, those older posts are without editing privileges.
  10. OverLoad

Compact Dim Bulb Tester Wiring

I'll try and get the pics restored. Unfortunately the plug-in extension "fix" for firefox is not working for me. PB pics are still not showing up after the firefox extension install.
  11. OverLoad

Marantz 170dc with no power button

The 60w rating is for idling power which means the power consumption just sitting there powered on. The rated power is 350w which is what you need to concern yourself with. The matching 3250(B) pre-amp switched outlets (2 of them) are rated for 580w combined and the other 3650 pre-amp 500w so...
  12. OverLoad

What capacitors are these??

.047uF +/-20% tolerance
  13. OverLoad

SPEC 2 Filter Cap Purchase Source

Yes, they are the same parts aside from transistor pinouts and the less important in this case, hFE ranking. . KSA733GBU will be EBC and KSA733CLTA ECB pinout. The pinout poses no problem since the transistor layout on the board is in a triangle pattern. Having said that, Digikey and Mouser have...
  14. OverLoad

Soldering question - haven't worked on this type before

This isn't really what I'd refer to as solder mask. There's nothing out of the ordinary here, the copper traces are tinned to prevent oxidization. Just use your normal de-soldering /soldering technique. Use a touch of solder paste when re-soldering.
  15. OverLoad

Pioneer SX-1980 Transistor Modification

An MT-200 with appropriate specs would be fine. If you're talking about using without any mods, the only problem is that MT-200 mounting hole spacing is about 6mm off
  16. OverLoad

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Absolutely yes to both inquiries.
  17. OverLoad

Marantz model 250 bulbs

I'd be interested in seeing a Marantz Model 250 that had a different meter lamp assembly other than I've described. I must have repaired and/or restored a dozen of these over the years and they have all been as I've described. Now if you're referring to the Marantz 250M then that is a different...
  18. OverLoad

Marantz model 250 bulbs

I'm not sure what the heck duramaxxx is talking about :dunno: Actually they are quite easy to replace. All you need to do is remove the top cover and the bulb sockets are right on the top of the meter housings. You carefully pry the sockets up and out (they have compression type tabs) then push...
  19. OverLoad

Replacing The STV-3H and -4H Diodes

If Glenn is unable to help, I have a couple STV-4H's and will make one available.
  20. OverLoad

ADS-910's

RE: The ADS 900 LPM Power Meters. Note, they are called power meters and thus measure power. Where does the power come from? I'll give you a hint, the same place the speakers are getting power ;) The fact that the meters worked with the passive card installed and now don't bi-amped should be a...
  21. OverLoad

Technics SA-5570 Receiver - Replacement Lamps

12.6V/380mA festoon bulbs
  22. OverLoad

Luxman R1120 Transistors

The differential input transistors are Q501 & 502 (2SA872). I like to use 2SA970BL but a more readily available sub would be the KSA992.
  23. OverLoad

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Not sure why you say there is "clearly" a problem. There is no significant cause for concern here. The L/CH offset is in need of a minor adjustment.
  24. OverLoad

Recommendation for Denon Service

Why not let people know where on the globe you are?
  25. OverLoad

bulb(stanley 8v 0.3a) needed

Yes you can use 250mA in place of 300mA and they will be dimmer. You might want to even go with 200mA if you find the 300mA that bright. Grap some of each and experiment.
Back
Top Bottom