Search results

1. michaelsamra

Another SCA-35 Tune-up

Latinos mods are great for those amps
  2. michaelsamra

Infinity QLS 1, Krell KSA-250, AR SP-3 preamp, and Citation II

I basically changed all nine of the 5 watt zener diodes that are in series along with the DS regulator which had a base to emitter short..This causes a hum in the unit but then I changed several resistors in the regulator and I have exactly .6vdc base to emitter turn on voltage which is the most...
  3. michaelsamra

Hi I am rebuilding them..I had surgery in early june for umbellical hernia and now I'm healed...

Hi I am rebuilding them..I had surgery in early june for umbellical hernia and now I'm healed and I just saw your message MIke 989 9924249
  4. michaelsamra

Mitsubishi 40 inch Tube TV

If its an actual bar going up the screen with no noise,cable boxes can do that as well as a filter cap in the power supply of the TV. Show them this..I think you can fix it as it's not that complicated..The shock aspect is nothing because it's very current..If you just discharge it as I told...
  5. michaelsamra

Mitsubishi 40 inch Tube TV

Do this Here is what you want to do..If you are getting a static type interference,listen inside the set with the volume turned down and see you hear a sizzling or frying sound that is very slight..If you do,that is most likely caused from a bit of humidity collected inside the high voltage...
  6. michaelsamra

Scott 299B Draws current oscillates

You could have a primary to secondary short and if that is case,it may be not be too bad.On the Scott and Fisher integrated amps,they wind those transformers right to end to where they are right near end caps..Take the end caps off and you remove the kraft paper on one side as I like to call...
  7. michaelsamra

6CG7 mod in MC-30

You won't get any argument from me on this change.
  8. michaelsamra

Russian K40Y-9 PIO vs K42Y-2 Caps, any difference?

The smaller green K42s are metallized and that isn't a bad thing. They are good but I like the k40s better...Just be sure to mix caps..paper in oil caps work superbly on the output and innerstages where you have B+ present on them..On the preamp output you can nichicon Qz or any decent film...
  9. michaelsamra

6CG7 mod in MC-30

This is all you do.This is a 3rd one of my mc60s I will finish rebuilding later.
  10. michaelsamra

6CG7 mod in MC-30

It doesn't lower the values of the amp because its an easily reversible mod..I have done the full power distortion test on it and it was lower with the 6cg7 and it sounded better sonically to many that tried it including myself..I have 15 mac tube amps six of them are mc60s and even tho I have...
  11. michaelsamra

Hi Red My name is Mike and I usually post on the audio asylum.I had noticed your post that was...

Hi Red My name is Mike and I usually post on the audio asylum.I had noticed your post that was made this past xmas on the Fisher 50c...Did you ever try and restore that yet? The reason I ask,its a very fine preamp and all you do is out modern components in it.If you need the parts,let me know...
  12. michaelsamra

My 500 dollar local Craig's list find.

absolutely You want to do that to any Mac with a doubler.
  13. michaelsamra

My 500 dollar local Craig's list find.

I don't find stuff on CL very often but when I do,its usually a good thing..I'm recovering from a surgical procedure a week ago on my right hand so I had limited use of it even tho it was just a cyst,it was in an area between thumb and index finger but it's healing nicely the surgeon said...
  14. michaelsamra

So...what do ya think...

Nice,
  15. michaelsamra

Dynakit Mark III

I was there talking to you at that sale.When you were walking out with them there was a guy there in a Chevy Blazer with a Floor jack he was trying to get in back of the truck.I thought you may have been with him.
  16. michaelsamra

Can someone tell me what kind of tonearm this is on this 124 ?

It would much appreciated. Mike
  17. michaelsamra

Here is my 410 dollar find today.

Very little and the cartridge was bought in 1990 for 2965.00..It looks identical to the one made now but can't be sure...Stylast was used on the needle before every play by the second owner and Bob Brubek,the first owner, used it on weekends for less than a year before he sold it to Gary.
  18. michaelsamra

Koetsu Rosewood vs Grace F-9E ruby

Absolutely!
  19. michaelsamra

Koetsu Rosewood vs Grace F-9E ruby

This is that Koetsu rosewood I got a few months back with the Sumiko premier MMT and it's superb in every way,going thru the Mitch Cotter MK2 with silver cables into a modded Fisher 400cx2. Tonight Jim came by he bought the Grace Ruby already mounded in a head shell that screws right into...
  20. michaelsamra

Has anyone seen this circuit..Its a golden tube se100 and

the plates of each of the output tubes are grounded thru an 11 ohm resistor and the cathode has 500v on it..I have seen this in RF on occasion but never on audio.Here is a schematic.
  21. michaelsamra

JBL values? Dynaco Mark VI? Accuphase C200?

Those are nice amps.You did describe the inherent problems with these amps..The output tubes need to be rewired for 6550/Kt88 tubes or 6L6gcs or EL34s.The 7199 driver will have to graduate to a two tube driver phase splitter like a pair of 12at7s or 6CG7s or one of each.Tubes4hifi sells a very...
  22. michaelsamra

Polk SDA SRS crossover rebuild

Wow! Nice crossover rebuild. Did you actually put the expensive Deulands in the crossover? That must have been a king and queen's ransom.
  23. michaelsamra

Repairing the 16309 Peerless output transformer that lives in the Heath W5m amp.

The 458 are good trannies although I don't know if they produce a similar sonic structure in the W5 amps. They are a lower impedance by 1k and they don't have the nickel plating in the center.I have a pair here I am rebuilding for a guy and I will let you know how they sound.I am using motor run...
  24. michaelsamra

Repairing the 16309 Peerless output transformer that lives in the Heath W5m amp.

Guys The reason I want to repair the 16309 is,I like the sound that transformer produces even tho technically transformers don't produce sound.I would imagine the nickel plating and the higher impedance has a lot to do with it being it's very conducive to that circuit design.I have two...
  25. michaelsamra

Has anyone had any success unpotting the 16309 Peerless transformer and fixing the winding? Most of these transformers have the center tap open to one of the plate-screen windings of the KT66s. Both sides have continuity between plate and screen of each individual tube but only one tube is...
Back
Top Bottom