Search results

1. Negotiableterms

McIntosh C12000 Preamplifier

Hmmm... I'm sure there's some great reason why the XLR outputs aren't switchable, but it's an odd design choice. In my main system, the preamp output goes into an active crossover, so if I can't switch them I'm unlikely to ever use the SS side. I vaguely recall that back in the days of the...
  2. Negotiableterms

McIntosh C12000 Preamplifier

This preamp has separate outputs for tube and ss. To switch between them, do you have to plug and unplug the outputs into your amp? I can't find anything about how they're switched. I have a C-500 (tube only) and was toying with an upgrade, but if it doesn't switch them for you, I'm out...
  3. Negotiableterms

Ernie's Retirement

Things like this are harder to arrange than expected, but we've not forgotten it. Stay tuned, there's an announcement coming soon.
  4. Negotiableterms

Another EV thread...there must be $ in selling EV's!

The OP asked that this thread be shut down, because it's gone off track. So... as requested.
  5. Negotiableterms

Ernie's Retirement

We're going to take up a collection for Ernie's retirement gift. We need to find someone to manage the funds, etc., but it shouldn't take too long, so please stay tuned!
  6. Negotiableterms

I'm turning in my keys.

Ernie, I've always thought of you as the heart and soul of AK, the embodiment of humanity. You taught this whole moderation team what "firm but fair' looks like. We'll be announcing something to honor your service shortly, so everyone should stay tuned in this space. Frankly, we can't honor...
  7. Negotiableterms

Tube value and uses

Hmmm... isn't there somewhere a list of "Tubes Commonly Used in Audio" and another of "Tubes Commonly Used in TV". It would seem like the OP is just looking for a place to start categorizing what he has, rather than putting actual values on each tube. Sorry, but I don't know enough about tubes...
  8. Negotiableterms

Happy Birthday Jim

Happy Birthday, Jim!!
  9. Negotiableterms

Tesla Model S After 400,000 km

My understanding is that all Teslas digitally control torque from each motor to prevent their basic high-torque nature from becoming a problem... and no, I don't have one, or want one. But... what's the point of that question in this thread? The discussion here is about a Model S going 400,000...
  10. Negotiableterms

Divisiveness and self loathing in audio

OK... a thread decrying divisiveness is now down to defining subsets of people as "jackasses". Closed. If some younger, more ambitious, mod than me wants to wade in and spend the time to clean the mess up, feel free! But recall that our usual standard for messes like this is whether the...
  11. Negotiableterms

If the speakers + amp are adequate, there is no need for tone controls

Oooookayyy... this thread would take way too much work to put back on track, so... closed.
  12. Negotiableterms

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I don't know what happened to Glenn, but does anyone know another VFET guru?
  13. Negotiableterms

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Still have it, but it's in storage, as it has been for a long time now. One of these days I'll have the time to unload the unit and rediscover a ton of stuff that I went to a lot of trouble to acquire. The VFET gear is problematic, as one has to have it worked on before firing it up, or risk...
  14. Negotiableterms

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Not quite dead yet...
  15. Negotiableterms

Best "modern vintage" amps and preamps

You know, if you take away the knobs, switches, and meters, all you're left with is sound quality, and who wants to judge based on something no one can agree on? :crazy:
  16. Negotiableterms

MONSTER receiver collector's club

Wow, great collection! Welcome to AK; let us know what else you collect?
  17. Negotiableterms

Happy Birthday, Negotiableterms!

Wow! Thanks, everyone!! For my birthday, we just bought a ton of exercise equipment, as my wife says I'm old and fat. I'm not sure how that's really different from when I was younger and fat, but Happy Birthday to me, and let the torture begin!
  18. Negotiableterms

Marantz Transistor/Diode/Trimmer Sub Guide

Well, I'm the least competent person to respond (I'm the administrative guy, like legal and tax stuff), but I think I managed to stick both threads. If I got it wrong, someone let me know, please? Also, Ray, if you don't want them stuck, reverse course, please!
  19. Negotiableterms

Pickering and Stanton Users and Collectors.

Let's keep it civil, folks, please?
  20. Negotiableterms

A little bit of a rant...why are people paying/asking so much?

Let's please keep it civil, and not personal? Thanks!
  21. Negotiableterms

You are being watched !!

And that's enough politics for today, folks...
  22. Negotiableterms

Unpopular opinion

OK... just deleted SIX posts, upon receipt of a formal complaint. Next time someone has to come in for a cleanup, this thread is going to be locked.
  23. Negotiableterms

Where are DACs going?

It turns out there are a lot more FPGA DACs than I thought, from PS Audio, Chord Electronics, Tube Technology, Exogal, Meitner, Playback Designs, dCS, Nagra and from a less known manufacturer called Audiobyte. A review on Audiobyte's newest...
  24. Negotiableterms

Anybody else just stopped watching the news?

Well, it's nice to see at least a few are paying attention... but the rest aren't. Thread closed.
  25. Negotiableterms

Anybody else just stopped watching the news?

I need to know what's going on, but I don't even have time to post here much anymore, so I need my news compressed, and I definitely don't have time to parse through it for bias. I wind up looking mostly at the websites in this article...
Back
Top Bottom