Search results

1. JimmyNeutron

What is this Carver Research stuff? Help needed...

Lightstar....pre Sunfire days. Very hi end "experimental" stuff from Bob before he introduced the same tech in Sunfire. Looks like you might have a remote control for their pre-amp.....don't really know for sure. evsentry3 is correct about perusing the carver forums. Keep us posted. Jimmy
  2. JimmyNeutron

My Kyocera collection

Aaack!!!! :yikes: Beautiful!!! Must've spent a fortune collecting those pieces. Simply awesome gear! Jimmy
  3. JimmyNeutron

HQPlayer by Signalyst

So how is this working out for you Bill? Compared to J. River, which sounds better, which is easier to use daily, which is easier to install and maintain? J. River is great because it pretty much works out of the box, and daily use is super easy with easy ripping/tagging/playback. Also the Gizmo...
  4. JimmyNeutron

New HQPlayer Machine Build

I have to agree....adequate power from a "real" power supply is mandatory in an audio PC...heck, in ANY PC. A lot of power supplies are rated differently and have much lower "real world" power output. The PS has to power a lot of stuff on a PC. Just spring for a nice fat power supply from a...
  5. JimmyNeutron

Computer Audio Sound Quality....

*Sorry to derail thread* I see you're running the beta build for Win 10. I registered for the release next month and will happily be jumping on board. :banana: What are your experiences so far with the beta build, for both audio use and every day use? Jimmy
  6. JimmyNeutron

Same here.
  7. JimmyNeutron

:D Usually always user error.
  8. JimmyNeutron

AQ KIng Cobra & BJC Belden 1505F comparison review.

I love AQ cables. I've gone thru many different cables over many years, and no other brand brings back the amount of overall return as AQ does. :thmbsp: Thanks for the reviews. Jimmy
  9. JimmyNeutron

Bucket Sub Revisited

Fantastic idea!! :thmbsp: So how do they sound for you? I have a Parasound 120 w.p.c. amp sitting in my closet. They should power a pair nicely. The forecast here in San Anotnio is plenty of rain for the next week or 2. Should give me some ample time to build a pair. Thanks! Jimmy
  10. JimmyNeutron

Do Digital Discs Degrade Over Time?

Thinly veiled insults?!? Where the heck did that come from? :thumbsdn:
  11. JimmyNeutron

CD-rot is a very real problem. ALL CD's will rot. If you have not experienced CD-rot then you have not either 1) gone back to "see" your older discs for signs of rot, or 2) you have not been collecting CD's very long. Literally 1/4 of my CD's from the 80's are rotted out. Many others are...
  12. JimmyNeutron

You have no idea how many CD's I've lost to CD-rot. CD is probably currently the worst format for longevity because of what it physically is....fragile plastic. Longevity is in multiple storage solutions, but still....anyone can argue anything. But I think anyone who has been around the block...
  13. JimmyNeutron

Sampling rate myth: 192kHz is better

:yes: LOL. Or 60hz, 120Hz, 240 Hz refresh rates. It never ends.:scratch2:
  14. JimmyNeutron

Sampling rate myth: 192kHz is better

I remember when DVD first came out. People argued till they were blue in face, and showed endless "data" that there was no visible difference against VHS and SVHS. When HD TV came out people argued, yet again, that no one could tell the difference between 720p and 1080i (or p). When LCD TV's...
  15. JimmyNeutron

Any experience here with the Cocktail Audio X40??

Very cool review. Seriously thinking about picking this guy up.....real soon. Jimmy
  16. JimmyNeutron

Sony DVP-S9000ES Front Panel Display Question

If you have a smartphone you can download a remote control app and it will have all the functions of the original remote. I use Smart Remote on my Galaxy Note 3. But you do need a smartphone or pad that has an IR blaster. Most all Samsungs do. Jimmy
  17. JimmyNeutron

Finally purchased a Roku 3, Holycow!!!!

You're right...no analog outs....neither does the Roku 3. You do have options. 1: HDMI from Amazon/Roku to TV, then (if TV allows) analog from TV to stereo. OR Digital to analog converter....around $15.00 on Amazon. Jimmy
  18. JimmyNeutron

Finally purchased a Roku 3, Holycow!!!!

Love the Roku. You'd love the Amazon Fire even more. It's like Roku on steroids. I have the Roku, the Apple TV, and the Amazon. The Amazon gets used 99% of the time. Jimmy
  19. JimmyNeutron

Pandora's been changing her tune

Love me my Pandora. Paid subscriber here too. I've found sooooo many artists that have become my most favorite since listening to Pandora. The amount of music and artists is staggering. Most definetly worth the asking price. Sound quality is also very nice when paid. I get no commercials...just...
  20. JimmyNeutron

From Technics SA-600 to Denon PMA-700V

I have a 700v...fantastic amplifier! It was my first real amp when I was a teenager. Strong, musical, detailed....made at a time when Denon still took pride in quality and performance. $200.00 seems a bit steep...unless it's in pristine condition. Still, they are awesome and I'm willing to bet...
  21. JimmyNeutron

Any experience here with the Cocktail Audio X40??

Awesome info Vince! I've been eyeing these guys for a while too. The price and feature set are certainly right. May have to pick up one very soon. Jimmy
  22. JimmyNeutron

MX-880 Universal Remote

When you buy a Mercedes, you don't take it to Jiffy-lube for an oil change. Some may be capable of changing a mercedes oil and filter, but the dealer is not obligated to sell you the specific tools to get the job done. Those engines are complex and require not just the right tools but the right...
  23. JimmyNeutron

Opinion on Audioquest King Cobra RCA interconnects.

SMH...there's one in every room. I've heard the same thing about the $150.00 price ceiling on AudioQuests cables. Actually I'd raise that ceiling to about $300.00 - $500.00 (Obviously depending on the type of gear you have). I began to make the AQ switch over a few years ago when I heard their...
  24. JimmyNeutron

MX-880 Universal Remote

It obviously is. :no:
  25. JimmyNeutron

MX-880 Universal Remote

Wow...we hear this all the time. My company is an authorized dealer for RTI, Pro24, Control 4, and Crestron. All their remotes require a dealer to program at a fee. These are elaborate remote controls...cadillacs of remotes...and the programmers attend classes to learn how to program them. I...
Back
Top Bottom