Search results

1. V

Rotel RP-855

I own one since 1991. It is fitted with an Ortofon Salsa MC cartridge (around 300$) and it sounds great. Recently, following willboy instructions, I replaced belt and main bearing was cleaned and lubricated. It feeds with music a ten thousands dollar system and it beats comfortably any CD or...
  2. V

Rotel rp 855 belt replacment

Tony, Following your detailed instructions, bearing was cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and lubricated with light synthetic motor oil. A new belt was fitted and now, it sings again like a canary. Speed was spot on (strange though, friction should be higher before). Without your guidance, the...
  3. V

Tony, I was out on weekend, so no progress on removing platter. As far I can understand from your instructions, when platter will be removed, is detached from the spindle. The spindle alone with sub platter remains on the deck. Therefore, the sub platter must be removed to reach main bearing for...
  4. V

Hi, thanks for the advices. Mine RP 855 has only two buttons on for 33 and another for 45 rpm. Each acts as on-off button. I put a tiny squirt of WD40 on the spindle and I will wait a bit before trying anything. Willboy, I am very curious for replacement of the stock arm, surely arm lets down...
  5. V

Hello, I use a Rotel RP855 for twenty years and still it sounds perfectly okay. I have upgraded other components of my hi-fi gear many times, but I don’t want to touch Rotel (emotional reasons?). Any way, after such a long play period, I am thinking to replace the belt and to lubricate the...
Back
Top Bottom