Search results

1. beedub

anyone experienced "snapping" in their system after a Loki mini EQ? or otherwise?

Hello, I have a Rotel RTC850 preamp into a Bryston 3bst, and added a Schitt Audio Loki mini eq between them years ago. it's great. the first Loki didn't work right, causing loud "snaps" through the speakers. It was replaced right away by them and has worked well for many years. now it gets a bit...
  2. beedub

need help with Technics RS-T60R dual cassette

Hi, after cleaning and fiddling It works except for the rewind- which sometimes works depending on the cassette- but not reliably. It looks like new belts would be needed, i have tried to clean the belt wheels where accessible and things improved. weird tilting drive wheel for ff/rew. Can...
  3. beedub

can anyone find me listings for belts +/or a service manual for a JVC TD-W707 cassette deck?

it has great sound and the rare occasional scratchy whirring sound. I want to renew the belts and rollers if possible but would prefer not to have to take it apart to get the sizes which i might get wrong. can anyone help me with the belt listings and or rollers? Is this deck the same drive...
  4. beedub

panasonic multi dvd player F-87 service manual?

has anyone got this or a link to it? Thanks, BW
  5. beedub

Connoisseur BD2-A rubber motor mount advice needed

Connoisseur BD2 A rubber motor mount advice needed - the original mounts are totally shot although there is a little bit left so I can see what they might be like. Has anyone successfully made mounts for them? TIA https://www.vinylengine.com/library/con ... /bd2.shtml
  6. beedub

Akai AM-2800 phono 2 impedance switch setting?

On my restored Akai AM-2800, there is a slider switch on the back for setting the phono 2 impedance. choices are 100K, 47K and 33K -what is the average normal setting for something basic like a shure M95? is this cartridge only related? looks like it.
  7. beedub

Scrap my STR7055A?

I recently got given a STR 7055a in cosmetically good shape. It has good sound on the right but very weak (controllable by the volume knob) sound on the left channel. Cleaned, deoxidised, the balance when turned is still only a weak sound on the left side. no obviously bad controls. Going...
  8. beedub

on/off switch for pioneer SX-7730, 737 needed

Hi, I have come into a BLACK face 7730 in mint condition except for a frozen on off switch, off. not sure how to find the correct part, i saw the manual but a) am not sure what is the right descriptor b) where to get it? thanks.
  9. beedub

Sanyo TP 1005 turntable has the cueing damping gone. help?

A new old Sanyo TP 1005 turntable has the cueing damping gone- it claims there is viscous damping, but it is no longer functioning. Has anyone replaced the fluid? I have the correct heavy fluids but don't know how to do this one. I'm not sure how to get the piston or whatever out. Don't want to...
  10. beedub

? replace a Nagoaka MP30 cartridge stylus or...

? replace a Nagoaka MP30 cartridge stylus or... Just wondering whether this is a good cartridge, it sounds ok, I am pretty sure the needle should be replaced, it came on a Panta 340 with the straight variable length tonearm. anyone familiar with it? is it as good as a M95e? M97? thoughts?
  11. beedub

any info on Panasonic Re-7354 receiver phono input? input ok, not MM capable.

looks like a 60's model, tone control vs. treble/bass, works well except phono input only responds to line input. I seem to remember that means it only responds to a very early style record player, not moving magnet. Could that be? it works fine with line input into the phono but a MM TT is...
  12. beedub

technics SL1700 mount distance to platter for parallel

Hello all, If I want my tonearm to be parallel to a record on the platter, the V15 will have to have about 3-4 mm added to it, making it seem kinda odd. Is parallel to the platter correct? Reading has said so, and all my life it seemed reasonable. looks quite high up though. Will add lightweight...
  13. beedub

sibilance hunt wastes time but works out. surprised me.

well now- something new, hours wasted. That’s not new.. 1. things sounded a little less clear so I cleaned the Empire needle for my 4000 XL III on my overhauled new old SL1700 with alcohol and a brush that I realized too late might be too stiff and might damage it. AAAAGH. 2. Put on "Smooth...
  14. beedub

JVC R-K200 noisy but not wth SEA enabled what does it do please?

Hi, a thrift store JVC R-K200 was made to work again with Deoxit and care, but in normal use one channel is weak and there are nasty static sharp noises relative to the start of a radio word or louder passage or for no apparent reason. they increase in volume with the slider increase. When the...
  15. beedub

Has anyone got user/service manuals for the PanasonicSL-H301 TT?

I haven't taken the bottom off yet, it needs the speed adjusted, I am hoping the pot is obvious but always like to have a manual. Can anyone help? thanks!
  16. beedub

Sony APM-141ES with sqaure shaped drivers.

what is the story on them please? it says, Sony APM-141ES, made in Germany, t-8151-115-2 I just tried them out, they seem power hungry. Not a full spectrum sound, crystal clear mids are lacking I think, compared to my other set with 9"Airbornes and Philips tweeters. Not bad, a bit "stereo-ey" as...
  17. beedub

Dual 1218 vs 1225

I have restored a 1225 to excellent shape, and got a 1218 in a mahogany homemade box mount. The 1218 has a lot of problems, don't know if anything major is broken yet, what are opinions on how it compares to the 1225? Not quite feeling like doing it if it is a lesser TT. It does, however...
  18. beedub

Scan of P/E Dual timing discs with ruler.

I lucked into a pair of these, the P/E is aluminum, the Dual paper. I scanned them with a ruler for size to help you if you download and print it.
  19. beedub

Dual CS 515 sounds good - for plastic! keep it?

wow this TT is so light I couldn't believe it, and lots of plastic involved. However, with the stock original cartridge, and a new set of phono wires, it actually sounds reasonably good. Should I add it to my collection for $40 or pass it back to the charity I fix things for? I have a couple...
  20. beedub

PE 3044 - worth buying?

it appears to need some work, it says on it "not setting down right" It might be possible to buy it for $40. comes with used cartridge. worth buying? fixable? ( I am likely able to repair it if needed.) thanks, bw
  21. beedub

opinions on Kenwood KC-991, KM-209 and GE-891

Is this set any good , i.e. top sound? KC-991 preamp, KM-209 Amp, GE-891 equaliser. thanks.
  22. beedub

what model and year might this be

It's a portable Sony reel to reel, it looks like a 60's thing. What is it, how many tracks, i am not a reel to reel person? Thanks, BW
  23. beedub

sony IA 1130 and ST-5150 -worth $50?

I have the chance to buy these in good working condition, covered in cigarette smoke tar (ecch) and the tuner is a bit noisy as I turn it. I don't feel like paying $50 but probably won't see them again. what to do ... dang.
  24. beedub

Dual 1226 tonearm sets down too early

Hi, the Dual 1226 I'm looking at sets the tonearm down too early, i.e. as if it was a bigger than 12" LP. suggestions please? thanks.
  25. beedub

what is a fair price for a toshiba tt?

I don't know if it is a good tt or not; it works ok. it's an older Toshiba SR250, looks like DD, forgettable cartridge. My folks are getting rid of their old stereo stuff. is this any better than my Kenwood 3070 with the concrete base I wonder. Also if to buy it, what is fair to my folks?
Back
Top Bottom