Search results

1. Pandora

Score! I think? ....... SONY Precision S7

Score! I think? ....... SONY SCENARIO S7 Picked this set up yesterday. I had to have it, because it was offered complete, all four units plus the remote control. Also the plastic covers for the rear to hide the cables were all present. Everything in near mint condition too! After dusting off...
  2. Pandora

Sansui TU-S9

Thanks guys, It seems several caps in the power supply are busted. They have rounded tops and small bubbles are visible. I will replace the suspect ones. Also the rectifier looks odd, the legs are all rusted it seems. It is a Sanken "UB-152" (with in small print) "28B". Does anyone know...
  3. Pandora

Sansui TU-S9

Hi guys, haven't been here for a while. Scored OK this weekend, bought a AU-D9 for 150 euro's and got the matching tuner TU-S9 with it for free. The guy who sold it, said the tuner was no good, the sensitivity was off. OK, to make it short, after cleaning and checking both the amp and tuner...
  4. Pandora

Let's see your cans!

For pro-use SONY MDR-V7506 and for pleasure SONY MDR-V6 or vintage Pioneer JB-100/SE-100 (see pic).
  5. Pandora

Pioneer HPM-100 X-over Question

I may be mistaken, but I trust my ears. Of course, some owner of the past thirty years could have tinkered with the cross-over... I will do some measurements with my AudioControl and post the results here.
  6. Pandora

Pioneer HPM-100 X-over Question

Hi! Last week I picked up a pair of Pioneer HPM-100's. They need some cosmetic work, but other than that, they perform like a rock! WOW,what a sound from speakers 30+ years old! My question: At Wikipedia - yes, there is an article about this beauty - it says, the cross over frequencies are...
  7. Pandora

Too funny

Found this today on ePay, Germany, a seller from Bulgaria: quote LUXMAN L-510 The Integrated Amplifier which carries a DUO beta circuit / S. A DUObeta circuit / S is adopted as a power part, and it has become a description almost equivalent to L-530 in circuitry. The input of...
  8. Pandora

Added third Kenwood amp: KA-7100

Hi guys! added my third Kenwood amp to my collection last week. Works great, no hiss, no hum, no scratching. Cosmetically 99%! See pics!
  9. Pandora

Coolest Gear Photography

Kenny KA-7300, Pioneer TX-9500II and Micro Seiki BL-51, all with Leica V-Lux 1:
  10. Pandora

Kenwood KA-9100 repair

I soaked the lower part (volume) with alcohol, let it dry for a few hours, put a little Kontakt 61 on it, and flushed it again with Kontakt WL. Soldered the rig back in, but there was not a major improvement. :grumpy: Scratching comes still in the same places as before, just a bit less...
  11. Pandora

Kenwood KA-9100 repair

I am currently taking my Kenwood KA-9100 apart, because the volume potentiometer keeps giving me cracking noises, when adjusted for volume. (the balance potentiometers are OK). I have desoldered the balance/volume potmeters from the little board, and discovered more attempts have been made to...
  12. Pandora

Sony SS-G1 Woofer gave up

Thanks guys, for the tips! I measured correctly, the leads from the contacts to the coil after scraping it clean still measures zero ohms. JPDylon, thanks for your concern about the amp, it did not get damaged. After I noticed the mishap, first thing I did was switching off the amp. Also I...
  13. Pandora

Score! Sansui AU-7700 near mint!

Thanks for the tips guys! I will look into the mentioned threads and will have to see wether I am in the market for a recap and/or retran. The AU-7700's noise floor is indeed too high especially compared to my Kenny's and Pioneer. Very noticable in the cans, less so on the speakers, but that's...
  14. Pandora

Sony SS-G1 Woofer gave up

One of my beloved Sony SS-G1 speakers is running on two legs. Over the weekend I was playing a CD with a lot of low end, but at moderate levels. (edit: I Ching - "Of the Marsh and the Moon" Chesky SACD265) All of a sudden one of the woofers made a scratchy sound and minutes later... died...
  15. Pandora

Score! Sansui AU-7700 near mint!

Just added a Sansui AU-7700 to my collection, :banana: The cosmetics are stunning (after cleaning) and technically, there are no potmeters that scratch or make noise, but the amp is a bit hissy. Any one having thoughts to improve on that? Paid €70, about US$90. See pics:
  16. Pandora

Akai AM-2650

Added the matching tuner AT-2650 over the weekend, I'm a happy camper!
  17. Pandora

What speakers to pair with Nakamichi PA 7

I disagree with SoCal Sam. From 1987 to 1994 I worked in a studio in Boston. For a number of years one room had a PA-7 connected to a set of B&W 801 series II. It ran at least 8 hours a day, 5-6 days a week, never turned hot, luke warm at the most. The 801 is not a "bright" speaker, tests with...
  18. Pandora

Vintage CD players

ANY tube causes 2nd and 3rd harmonic distortion, what some call "warmth". LOTS of CDP's have clock problems with their DAC. Only one DAC seperates the clocks sufficiently: the Benchmark DAC-1 and its successors.
  19. Pandora

How do you hunt down your gear???

As for me in Europe, payBay (.DE, .NL, .BE, .FR etc.) and a local Dutch free ad site called Marktplaats. Scouting fleamarkets and thriftstores is generally useless here, because of a cultural difference between Holland and the rest of the world. You thought the Scottish were cheap, ha! watch...
  20. Pandora

Vintage CD players

I have not read all the posts here, but is it not a contradiction: a "vintage" CD-player? Vintage to me means anything before digital, before CD, DAT, MiniDisc etc. Vintage hi-fi is LP's, cassettes, 1/4 inch analog tape. Vintage equipment is (silver faced) tube or transistor amps, analog...
  21. Pandora

Akai AM-2650

Yesterday I purchased a mint Akai AM-2650, through a local auction site. Cleaned it today, only one switch was making a little noise, the unit looks as new, see pic. I saw some other members looking for the specs. I found them on a Swedish retailer site, they are: Akai AM-2650 (1979-1980)...
  22. Pandora

Pioneer CT-F1000 ff/rewind problem

Don't they call these clips "Oh-Jesus clips"? Every time one goes flying you say "Oh, Jesus!":naughty: I have the exact problem with a recently purchased CT-F8080. Thanks for all the info guys, I will have to check now wether mine needs the infamous superglue treatment!
  23. Pandora

What TT's do you folks have

My short list: 1. Micro Seiki BL-51/MA-707/Shure M97xE 2. Kenwood KD-2055/Shure V-15 IV 2. Sony PS-4750/Sansui SV-202 Does anyone know wether the Sansui SV-202 is an AT-3400 or AT-3482? :scratch2: Greetings from Holland
  24. Pandora

Attenuator Mishap

Yes, I did, thanks. I am certainly not suggesting, that all 7300's have weird numbers.... Question is, does a misprinted engraving makes an amp/tuner/cassettedeck/etc. worth more or just less?
  25. Pandora

Attenuator Mishap

Looks like I have the one in that brochure, it has the same numbers in the wrong order...
Back
Top Bottom