Search results

1. sonci

Used CD Players: Need Help Narrowing Search

Whats the point of getting a TDA1541 dac cd player and then using an outboard dac? If you need a transport just get cheap dvd player or blu ray, those who seem to fart when loading a cd. Some say digital out is all the same, I'm not sure though. If you want another analog sounding cd player try...
  2. sonci

Regressing from streaming to burning DVD-As / CDs

I'm not used to buy defective, you cannot be sure it will work. If it was an easy fix the seller could have fix it by itself.
  3. sonci

Wiim Pro: Playing Amazon Music From Wiim App Vs. Casting From Android Device

Has anyone got the plus version? Curious if there is any difference in sound quality with the pro version.
  4. sonci

Regressing from streaming to burning DVD-As / CDs

Beautiful machine, but sounding better than a Topping dac is not saying much, a modded dac so probably worse than the original. But really where do you buy this players at 100-200, a quick search and there is one 350$ defective..
  5. sonci

Switches, switches

Also I dont see any problem around the headphone socket, maybe I should replace it, there are no numbers, except a logo printed on it. Are these standard?
  6. sonci

Switches, switches

I had some problems with the headphone socket on my Jvc amplifier, only one channel working, so I decided to open up, and once there I also used some contact cleaner on the switches. The tape monitor switch once in a while have some cracking, so I decided to open it, to clean better. Well bad...
  7. sonci

Technics SU-V85A

Did you get this Technics? Was it worth, comparing to the JVC and Kenwood.
  8. sonci

WiimPro Arrived Today-- The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!

Is it Roon ready?
  9. sonci

Sony belt replacement?

There is a video on you tube that explain the location of the switch, but your model may be different.
  10. sonci

CD Players That Are Easy to Find In the Wild?

I have a Sony c745, 5 disc changer. It is reliable, 5 dsp filters to customize the sound, a dedicated headphone out with motorized volume control. If you see one of these, have a try..
  11. sonci

CD Players That Are Easy to Find In the Wild?

Sharp cd players, late '80s. They look cheap, nobody wants them, but really the sound quality is as good as any Sony or Marantz.
  12. sonci

Sony belt replacement?

If you are going to just replace the belts, you shouldn't have any problems. As for the belts, usually I buy those from chinese sellers, different sizes, 30-50 pieces, not originals but they do the job. I recently serviced my Sony C745 carousel player. It was randomly opening and closing cd...
  13. sonci

Rotel RCD-855 mods: how / where / who?

I agree, the Rotel is better:D. If by better you mean, louder, more analitical maybe you right, but I hardly believe that dac is more punchy, dynamic than the cd player. Try again after some time..
  14. sonci

Blu ray player with multichannel analog out.

Yamaha BD-S1067, which probably is the same as the BD 1010.
  15. sonci

Blu ray player with multichannel analog out.

I got this Yamaha blu ray player with quite good sound quality, playing sacd and dvd audio. It has a stereo analog out, labeled mixed stereo, and a multichannel analog out which also has a front output. I wonder do these players have 2 dacs, or just the front output is connected to the same dac...
  16. sonci

Sony SS-F 60 ES?

Any information on these speakers. There is few info online. What are they worth? There is a pair locally, the cabinets are well made, but some dust caps have broken. They are asking 300$.
  17. sonci

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Sorry if off topic, is ambient temperature important when setting bias? I noticed that after setting the correct bias on my JVC amplifier, when I blow cold air on the circuits, the bias voltage drop down a few mv. Is it wrong to use fans to cool down amplifiers that were not supposed to have...
  18. sonci

Replace laser in Sony BDP S760

I have an old Sony bdpS470. It puzzles me how good it sounds through its analog outs. The drive is noisy as hell, but usually I use it more from usb ports and lan. It should have a Wolfson dac inside, it's musical and detailed, the later Sony even those with analog out are really poor in comparison.
  19. sonci

Dirt cheap player which will play .dsf files from NTSF USB hard drive ?

Sony UHP H1 can do that as well, and it has stereo analog out. It also plays dsf files streamed over the network. It can be controlled with a Sony application, so you don't necessarily need a Tv.
  20. sonci

The Sony UBP X800M2 - Useless For SACD Music?

I don't get what's the use for SACD with a receiver? The dac inside may be good, but even high end receivers are no match for a good integrated.
  21. sonci

Help!!! Got three JVC A-X 900! One needs surgery!

So how did it went for these big babies? It seems just like normal glue to me, the stuf they used under capacitors.
  22. sonci

cd players and read times......why did they get slower???

Where did you find it? Maybe 0.1% of cd players.. New cd players do the same old think as the old ones, plays cds, but since there are no more high quality transports like the Philips CDM, everyone is using cheap pc drive transports even high end cd players.
  23. sonci

I hope I picked a decent CD player

Not familiar with that particular model, but Rotel is great. Enjoy it!
  24. sonci

$2500 cd player?

Exactly what I think of Ps1. It has a kind of good distortion pleasant to the ear, but those who want the ultimate detail may be disappointed. I never got in the multichannel audio nor I care much about Sacd. External dacs are good but don’t be fooled that they are always better than the cd...
  25. sonci

$2500 cd player?

What 1k cdp have you listened ? Topping dacs IMO are pretty poor,
Back
Top Bottom