Search results

1. Kasanay

magnavox Horns

I believe those horns are made by Jensen. Look for the 220xxx number on them.
  2. Kasanay

Ultra-linear 807 PP Amplifier Build

Hello multichamp. This is a really nice looking amp and great thread. The link to your schematic is no longer working. Could you re-post it or send it to me? I would greatly appreciate it.
  3. Kasanay

Heathkit W4-AM Replacement Transformer

I’ve gone back and confirmed my earlier resistance readings. 5V and 6.3 taps are fine. On the HV leads I get a constant R66.5 Between CT and good HV lead. Measuring out to out or CT to bad lead gives inconsistent readings from R1.3K to R8.6K. This tells me the issue would be with one HV lead...
  4. Kasanay

so my story goes like this: I bought the 1st W4 at an estate sale for $50. I start a search on eBay for a mate. After several weeks, one shows up and I grab it ($170 + shipping). In my haste, I didn’t realize that the power trans was not original. Previous owner installed a larger unit and...
  5. Kasanay

Vintage Isolation transformer?

What is the measured voltage coming out of your variac? I have one of these and the voltages are close at best.
  6. Kasanay

I have a pair of Heathkit W4-AM monoblocks and one has a defective power transformer (in the photo, the amp on the right is fitted up with the incorrect transformer). I found a Hammond (Model 274BX) that looks like it will work as a substitute and I would like some confirmation on that. Do you...
  7. Kasanay

Philharmonic Phor Sale

There’s a nice looking Philharmonic in Schaumburg Il, advertised on FB Marketplace. I think I would grab this one at the asking price but I just can’t buy any more consoles.
  8. Kasanay

Yahoogroups Shutting Down

As I understand it, Yahoo will stop allowing users to upload files very soon and will delete all the files that have been uploaded over the years on some (if not all) of the groups. I'm a member in the Bozak group and there are a tremendous number of files and countless conversations with...
  9. Kasanay

807 Ultra-linear Project

Hey there, Was this project ever completed?
  10. Kasanay

807 Ultra-linear Project

11. Kasanay

Magnavox 8802 (et al): Why change coupling cap values?

Revisiting this 6 year old thread because I'm working on a 8802. Can someone please explain C4 to me? Why is it on one channel and not on the other? Also what is the "N150" designation for (Red circles)? Secondly, please explain what the "T" and "R" connections are all about (Green circles)...
  12. Kasanay

Console pull hoarding...

I have a pair or the Maggie monos. Well, almost. One’s a AMP150 AA and the other is an AMP150 CB. These are each like 2 amps in one; 6v6 PPP for the lows and a SE 6V6 for the highs!
  13. Kasanay

Where to find cool tubes?

I just gutted a Tektronix 516 that was loaded with tubes. Lots of 6DJ8s.
  14. Kasanay

Console pull hoarding...

Push-pull parallel monoblocks? Very nice! You can ever have too many tubes in an amplifier.
  15. Kasanay

Console pull hoarding...

Forget about those amps. I'll take that Bozak!
  16. Kasanay

Mid-matched primary windings

I have an UL output transformer that measures 95 ohms on one side to CT and 111 on the other. The UL taps are much closer - 44.3 and 45. Is this a problem? If so, is there way to compensate? Thanks, -Joe
  17. Kasanay

So You Want to Play With BIG Tubes...

No 572Bs but the 811A may be an option. Thanks, Joe Y
  18. Kasanay

The McIntosh MI200 uses a pair of 8005 tubes to produce 200 Watts. The 809, 801, TZ-40, 1625, 813, 830, 807, 211 have all been used by amp builders using near 1KV. The 826, 3C24 and 1646 have been built into amps with much lower voltage.
  19. Kasanay

No problem, Larry. In addition to the ones in the photo, I have several more 866 and 866As. Also 872s. Let me know what you need.
  20. Kasanay

I recently bought 3 boxes of tubes from a fella' through Craigslist. When I got to the guys house and saw the tubes, I nearly turned around and left. The boxes were nasty! Many of the tube boxes had been converted into rodent ranches. There was so much mouse crap in the mix, I didn't bother...
  21. Kasanay

Help identify this strange driver

I stopped at an estate sale today and spotted this built-in. The grill was loose so I pulled it away and found this weird looking speaker behind it. I was able to get a couple of photos by reaching into the port opening. Anybody know what it is?
  22. Kasanay

1961 Statesman II is it worth it?

Anyone with 2 Presidents doesn’t need Statesman! Just kidding - but I did let this go (see post #16). Hope your Pres X2 project is coming along. Joe Y
  23. Kasanay

That’s hard to say. I had the purchase price negotiated down to $450. But, I would have had to rent a van as the thing wouldn’t fit in my Venza. Then there’s the rebuild cost.
  24. Kasanay

Well, I’m probably going to regret it for a long time to come, but I let this one go. Hopefully some other AKer picked it up.
  25. Kasanay

I just looked and was not surprised to not fine any '61 Statesman listed, but I did see an AS-100 (without a cage) "serviced" with n asking price of $800 plus shipping. I also know that one sold for $660 a few weeks ago. I have seen the 202T listed in the $200 range. Maybe I up my offer a...
Back
Top Bottom