Search results

1. kansei

Celestion A3 speakers in New Jersey

Someone is selling a pair of flagship Celestion speakers in Northern New Jersey. Seller asking $600. Nice with some scratches on the top and perhaps one slightly dented tweeter. I'm tempted, but have no room. No affiliation. https://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/d/speakers/6555573371.html
  2. kansei

Please ID these speaker cables

They're speaker cables. It looks like Tony is right about the brand being 'Cuze'. Thanks, all.
  3. kansei

Please ID these speaker cables

I picked up a pair of nice speaker cables, but can't figure out what the tag says. I think it says 'Cuzi', but nothing comes up in a Google search at all. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  4. kansei

Hartley Holton cabinets in New Jersey

Not sure if anyone is interested, but there's a set of Hartley Holton speakers in Northern New Jersey. I should really say they're cabinets, because I don't think they have any of the original drivers left in them. The cabinets are about 4 feet tall, and look pretty good to excellent. Three...
  5. kansei

Six foot speakers in NY

Here is a weird find - a pair of 6-foot speakers in downstate NY. Not sure if they're public address type, but the drivers look interesting and the tweeters seem to be Seas. Note that it's actually 4 speakers in 2 cabinets. I'm not interested in these, but I'd like to know what make/model...
  6. kansei

Curious about how much to get from flippers

What you have is approx $2000 in gear if in very good condition. You could probably sell it in 30 minutes if you lowered the price to $1500. You're also not taking into account that the turntables may have nice quality cartridges, which is a nice bonus for the buyer. The stuff is rare and...
  7. kansei

Small tube amplifier ID please

Agreed, the WD model was made specifically for audio playback. The WA model has 4 equalization settings - flat, 33, 45, and 78. It was made primarily for cutting records, and secondarily for playback. I have a single EV Georgian, and will probably try this as a mono setup to see what it...
  8. kansei

After some creative Googling I'm answering my own question - it's a Grampian-Gotham, possibly PFB-150 WA.
  9. kansei

I recently picked up some tube gear. Among the gear is an interesting tube amplifier. The power supply section has two 3B28 rectifiers and a relay. The amplifier section has a pair of 811A tubes, pair of 6BL7 tubes, three 12bh7 tubes and a 12ax7. The amp is not marked anywhere. The panel...
  10. kansei

Whew...I thought I missed a scroe!!

I'm a sucker and always respond to the mystery ads, and get disappointed most of the time.
  11. kansei

Auction soliciting on CL

I have several easily identifiable posts on CL. This was in reply to me selling a tube amplifier. I replied suggesting the seller use an auction venue and suggesting that not having pictures makes the affair a little shady.
  12. kansei

Auction soliciting on CL

I received a very interesting email earlier today in response to one of my CL posts. It's a gentleman offering me a chance to bid on a dream Marantz system with Tannoy speakers and a Thorens TD 124. I thought of throwing the guy a price to see what would happen, but the name is a little...
  13. kansei

Adjusting ebay shipping rates as a seller

I've used UPS on eBay several times upon buyer request, but no more. UPS calculates as cheaper in the eBay calculator, but the actual shipping price has been the same as USPS each time. This meant that I had to pay $10-$20 out of my own pocket each time I used UPS.
  14. kansei

Check this out in NJ

I can't make it. Maybe some of them will show up on CL at somewhat-reasonable prices.
  15. kansei

Needs some TLC...

Looks like it was submerged in salt water for 30 years. Needs TLC for sure.
  16. kansei

VFET amp missing VFETs

I was in a similar situation. I sold an amp on eBay for "parts or repair" with "good transformers". The buyer threatened me negative feedback because it would "cost too much to check if the power transformer was good" given the filter caps were bad. I issued a refund and he still wanted to...
  17. kansei

What local CL ad do you keep seeing and wish would just go away? Post it

This one bugs me. It's reposted daily for at least a year. He recently dropped the price from $100 to $80. You can buy a functioning one for $120. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/5086392043.html
  18. kansei

UTC LS-63 807 tube Monoblock output amp

I don't see a power supply. It may be worth $200 on eBay, though. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-UTC-TUBE-AMP-LS-63-United-Transformer-Corp-/151634447444
  19. kansei

Classic Mac for sale

I think the c28 is probably worth around $500 with a wood case, the MC2300 perhaps $1500 given it's a local sale. If they sold the c28 on eBay, they may get another $100 or $200. The MC2300 may get another $500, but it's nearly impossible to ship correctly given that it weighs 150 pounds...
  20. kansei

Rogers Studio 1A & Technics- Any Good Ballpark Used Price Guesses?

Ebay says the Studio 1a sell in the $600 range, except that I see the same speakers being relisted after being sold. Maybe the real price is more in the $500 range, perhaps less locally. Someone told me they are very similar in sound to the LS7T, not sure if that's a price driver or not. I...
  21. kansei

RCA tube amp question

It's a mono 6L6 amplifier. Here's one that sold on eBay for about $60 as a project. I think it's probably worth around $100-$125 depending on how clean it is and on the eagerness of the buyer. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tube-Guitar-Amplifier-6L6-RCA-MI-1355-Project-Amp-/151153872857
  22. kansei

ProAc Response 3 speakers in NJ

These got some good reviews. I think the price is a bit high considering I saw a few pairs selling in the mid 2k range. Then again, they are very uncommon and cost $6500 when new. /noaf http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/5071510545.html
  23. kansei

Paypal New TOS Alloes Robocalls and Robotexts

One could give PayPal a Google Voice number leading to nowhere, that would certainly put a wrench in the works. I had no idea they had my mobile #, but then I realized that by installing the PayPal app on my phone they also offered paying by text, which is probably how they got the # in the...
  24. kansei

mcintosh fisher scott

This fella will get a few emails.
  25. kansei

Price of barely used Mc275..

I bought and sold my MC275 MK3 for exactly $3200. Mine also had some scratches as well as the factory box. Unless you're extremely lucky, you will not be able to find one for less. It is worth every penny. I downsized and kept my MC60 pair since they are very similar in sound (and cost less).
Back
Top Bottom