Search results

1. Grog

Doesnt anyone have a 1080?

I have a mint 1080. Completely recapped it. There's a thread on here that's quite long where I had help from MarktheFixer entitled "SX-1080 High End Muffled / Protection Circuit Comes On at High Volume". I haven't turned it on in a few years, been busy with work and other interests but I had...
  2. Grog

I Have Four Systems Now

This is hilarious my wife thinks I'm nuts for multiple systems. I have one in my home office ( work ), home office ( man cave ), downstairs living room main system and upstairs living room system.
  3. Grog

Do you like the new format???

I like the new format. Bright, cheery, and seems more user friendly. Good job AK!
  4. Grog

How to internally re-wire an overseas amp from 240V to 120V?

Hi Paul, Sorry for the late reply. I ended up getting a 3020A from a US vendor, however I still have my sights on a spare from the UK. Then I will try out Leesonic's scans and elnaldo's advice! Cheers!
  5. Grog

Who here has a love for Realistic LAB turntables?

I had a LAB-500 for a while. Loved it. Sold it to an AK'er with my STA-2100. Now I have my mint LAB-420 in rotation. But I have been watching Ebay for another LAB-500 :).... will buy if a minty one comes up.
  6. Grog

I got the band back together!

I can relate with your pride and accomplishment ( see my NAD thread ). I didn't have the same issues with my upbringing, so no catharsis here but instead a reconnection with my past. Congratulations! Pics please!!
  7. Grog

NAD System - Vintage Total Restoration

Yeah Steve I get that. My purpose here was to re-create a system I sold a lot when I worked at that store as a teenager. Always liked it. I have better stuff, and my kid makes fun of the keys on the deck. But that deck sounds surprisingly good. It was the first deck in the world to feature HX...
  8. Grog

3020 on top Good idea Leesonic. Done. Just reviewing my pics again and I see I should have dusted and cleaned off my finger smudges. I suck at taking pics of gear. Darn flash shows everything! Thanks for the encouragement guys!
  9. Grog

Pretty proud of myself. Had to share. This is my office system. I listen to music when I'm doing grunt work on databases, spreadsheets, anything where all my calls are on hold and I have peace and quiet. It drives a set of Polk Monitor 4's. I recapped the 3020 amp, 4020 tuner, and 6040...
  10. Grog

Sony TC-K555

Sweet deck. I used to sell them. I liked that particular year.
  11. Grog

NAD 6040 VU meters

Hope it works!
  12. Grog

NAD 6040 VU meters

6040 Meters Hi There, So here are a couple pics of my system and I've added a shot of the circuit board with a couple of arrows showing the two variable resistors that affect the current going to the meters. I've attached a couple pages from the service manual. Note on page 7 at the top...
  13. Grog

NAD 6040 VU meters

6040 Meters Hey There! I have a 6040 and I just fixed mine. There are two variable pots on the main circuit board and I just cleaned mine with de-oxit and tweaked them. It being near 3 am I will put a pin in this until tomorrow, pop the top for you, and I will take a picture or two of...
  14. Grog

Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - Wanna hear a woman belt out tunes?

She's amazing I just discovered her. How? I was shopping for a turntable and a guy had a Youtube video of a demo of the unit he was selling. He dropped her latest album - The Lion the Beast the Beat - onto it and within in 15 seconds I needed to know who that was so I paused the video to...
  15. Grog

I bought all four of her CD's but the most recent two are the best - in my opinion, but they are all good. If you get all of them you can see how here music has evolved. An interesting note - the album previous to the latest album was released I guess in a limited number on vinyl. Copies of...
  16. Grog

One of the best up and coming artists, barely mentioned in media - yet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov8uT8DTvlw&list=RDOv8uT8DTvlw&index=1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHlhOgQ36m8&list=RDOv8uT8DTvlw&index=2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paeNnR33i5Q&list=RDOv8uT8DTvlw&index=7...
  17. Grog

Belts from MARRS Communucations

Great guy. I've ordered about 30 belts from him over the past few years. My most recent belt was for a NAD 6150c tape deck. The wrong one arrived, I emailed him and he emailed me back within 24 hours. He felt terrible for the mixup, explained what happened, and sent me the correct belt which...
  18. Grog

Hello from New Brunswick, Canada

Welcome from Prince George, British Columbia!
  19. Grog

Is there a switch to alternate between two receivers?

Check this thread out: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=477871 Have a look at post # 11. Cheers!
  20. Grog

Scored a 1985 Sony CDP-302 in box for $25

I do have to say - that is an absolutely beautiful specimen of that CD player. Box, packaging, remote, manual, reminds me of when I sold them brand new when I worked for Sony of Canada. You are a lucky dude. My 302 is my favorite player. I also have a 620es, but my 302 is my daily driver.
  21. Grog

Scored a 1985 Sony CDP-302 in box for $25

I have one of these and it's bigger brother. I had to recondition both. I needed to take alcohol and clean the CD tray transport rails of the original grease that turned to mud. make sure you go all the way around the rails. You'll see a brass bushing that slides with pretty tight tolerance up...
  22. Grog

Scored that Automatic!

I used to sell those! I had to do it: :worthless Post some before and after pics!
  23. Grog

I keep buying cassette decks. I think I have a problem...

Hi Treker, All my tapes were done on Sony decks and my tapes are all UCX or UX-Pro Cr02. I used to work for Sony of Canada managing their stores hence a little bit of brand loyalty. All my CR02 cassettes that I recorded were done with Dolby C. I've never owned an HX-Pro deck. I'm going...
  24. Grog

why is Audio Karma so heavily into vintage... pretty much everything.

I got about 8 pages into this thread and I thought I'd post. I second Montycats comment above. For me it's the hobby of tweaking, maintaining and switching out various analog sources and enjoying all formats. I have some music on vinyl, some on CD, some on cassette. I have two turntables, 7...
  25. Grog

I keep buying cassette decks. I think I have a problem...

I know right? I'm really really trying to like these higher end decks but even my piano key old Nad 6040 sounds better than this tc-k444es II and the NAK. I've cleaned the 444 and demagged but it has such crappy high end. Either that or I have tin ears. Seriously, with tone controls flat...
Back
Top Bottom