Search results

1. Flammaster

Looks like the iPod Classic is gone

I have a 60 gig ipod video (the first one) and it still works great! All 7 if the macs i have bought still work except one. (g-5) but I damaged it. I gave one away and it was used for games by a friend. I use my 2004 G-4 powerbook all the time. It's slow but still works.
  2. Flammaster

Questions about using receiver as a pre

I had a 2226B. I wish I never traded it away! Such versatile sound. I guess your description of silky smooth is perfect. Use it for a near field system I would say.
  3. Flammaster

How Do You Select A Phono Cartridge These Days?

I just replaced my 681 with LP gear shibata on my 1300. I put on a Shure M97. Upstairs i have a Shure M-75 on my Marantz 6100 right now. I also have AT 440, Stanton 500ee, Nagaoka MP-11 and a Pickering V-15.
  4. Flammaster

Why choose speakers over headphones???

Because no headphone sounds like a pair of AR4x.
  5. Flammaster

Are cassettes like a drug?

I recently got two nice cassette decks. Luxman suckface and Pioneer 900 like the OP has. I look on ebay and it's ridiculous the price they want for tape!!! I have seen single tapes going for over 20 dollars EACH!!!!?!?!?!?! What is that?
  6. Flammaster

Your Speakers and Your Wife

pffffft no wife here to ruin my audio life! hahahaha She pays me child support because I have the kids! Boo ya!
  7. Flammaster

Speaker stands- why's it so hard?

LMAO! That is exactly what I was going to suggest! I use a chair for my JBL L-96 and AR2ax.
  8. Flammaster

Rollins on record collectors

I really like Rollins. Not so much a fan of his music but think he has a lot to say. I agree with the collector premise. I myself want the best sounding recording and don't care what the album cover looks like. I refuse to pay more than 10-20 dollars for any album. It's all about the music...
  9. Flammaster

Bad Craigslist pics

lol
  10. Flammaster

Best ghetto blaster these days?

I bet some of you guys could make a nice one.
  11. Flammaster

Audiophiles hate music ?

I had to quit a Sonor drum forum because these guys were more interested in getting the dream drum set but none of them could actually play worth a damn and hated when I offered advice on playing.
  12. Flammaster

Cork mats

I bought two cork mats for potted plants from Amazon. Then drilled holed in them. 7 dollars each!
  13. Flammaster

why are tube amps sporting such low RMS numbers?

I seldom ever turn any of my receivers up past 9 O'clock. I match the speakers to them and they sound great.
  14. Flammaster

Marantz 2240 Advice Needed - Please Vote

Well, depending on what the semi was carrying at the time of course. :D
  15. Flammaster

New High-End amp and CD player from Yamaha!

I like the sound of CD's but I can't stand using DVD's. They almost always mess up in my computer. ...but that is a whole other thread...
  16. Flammaster

Ever see a demagger? here's one.............

I remember we had one on our reel to reel when I was a kid. I never knew exactly what it did but we always maintained our deck. ( I guess about once every 6 months) I miss that beautiful old Sony TC-350. I got me a couple of nice tape decks now and maybe I should get one. What exactly do...
  17. Flammaster

No longer so sure about my SL1200 looking for alternatives

I have a 1300 and love it but tend to listen to my Marantz 6100 more. idk?
  18. Flammaster

warbly sound on recording

I notice it sounds like that on just playback too so I wonder what is wrong. It sounds like a transport issue I think. I like this Luxman but If I can't record on it I can't use it. I need to find another blank tape to try another one and see if it was just that tape or what.
  19. Flammaster

Thanks. The AK'er who sold it to me is a great guy. He is working on a Pioneer that he would sell me for more. a CT F900 which is a beautiful deck. This is the nicest deck I ever heard but if it records like that it's of no use to me.
  20. Flammaster

my latest piece of gear

I like these more simple decks. Very handsome indeed.
  21. Flammaster

I just got a Luxman suckface 102. It sounds wonderful until I tried to record an LP. The sound of the whole side of the tape is all warbly like an old film in 4th grade class where the woodchuck is being chased and you can't even make out half of the dialogue. I talked to my friend and he...
  22. Flammaster

Metal Tape Score

I just popped in a Sony SR metal tape of some Santana and Weather Report and that tape sounds amazing on my new luxman suckface. Too bad it's not recording too well. (all warbly sounding on the test I did) Playback is awesome on this deck though!
  23. Flammaster

LPGear's SOAR HD5 headshell wires are excellent and cheap

I have an LP gear headshell and it does sound great with my Stanton 500ee.
  24. Flammaster

sleevecity (blake) vs clearbags outer sleeves

I can take em or leave em. I don't really seek out records with sleeves. it's all about the vinyl for me.
  25. Flammaster

Over a thousand albums and only two sound really good.

I have always been impressed with the sound quality of "There Goes Rhymin Simon" by Paul Simon. I found out it was recorded at Muscle Shoals studio.
Back
Top Bottom