Search results

1. sKiZo

Can´t Give This Stuff Away

Cheap as I am, I usually stash old clothes in boxes that get buried in the attic. Lost a lot of weight a bit back, and found out a lot of the old stuff actually fit again ... You see some old fart wandering around in tie dye bell bottoms and a nehru jacket, that might just be me. ;-}
  2. sKiZo

"Power Switch is Broken"

Re-install and then bypass the offending switch and wire it up for constant on, then use a remote switch to turn it on/off ... leaves the unit technically stock. Handy lil' devils. I put that sh!t on everthang ... ;-}...
  3. sKiZo

Ripping all my CD collection to my PC

Worth mentioning, jRiver uses EAC as a ripping engine. I went with FLAC lossless for everything using the jRiver defaults as there's no setup required - just point and shoot. Nice thing about FLAC, tags and cover art are stored internally so no issues with broken links and such if you move to...
  4. sKiZo

dbx equipment from the early 1980s

Big fan of the original 3BX ... That's a critical part of my listening pleasure, and all I have to do is hit the bypass button to remind me why. ** Fun fact about the SNR-1 ... It was originally marketed for tape noise reduction, but also does a nice job of cleaning up vinyl. I've got mine in...
  5. sKiZo

Does anybody remember when Alternative went off the air right across North America?

Still got a good one here ... WYCE ... "an independent, community radio station serving the communities of Grand Rapids and West Michigan ". They play a bit of everything, depending on which volunteer DJ is sitting in the big chair, with a big emphasis on world and local bands...
  6. sKiZo

Sushi

7. sKiZo

Sushi

gesundheit .... sushi !! (Dang ... now ya got me doing it) :cool:
  8. sKiZo

Speaker pedestals

I built some simple stands out of good ol' #2 1x ... adjust your height for ear level. Couple coats of Napa gravel guard paint, and you even got a nice pebble black finish - in my setup, a perfect match for the speakers.
  9. sKiZo

NFL playoffs on streaming services

$20 for the next (hopefully) Super Bowl winner? (Made in Honduras) :cool: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portsmouth_Spartans
  10. sKiZo

Snow blowers and ears

Snowblowers have a tough life up here in the Great White. That said, my Cub Cadet track drive is going on 10 years old and had no problem dealing with last week's 12" of fresh snow. Did such a nice job, I'm gonna treat it to some well deserved TLC, as in a new friction disk and routine...
  11. sKiZo

NFL playoffs on streaming services

Potential option for the playoffs. NFL still owns the broadcast rights, even for "proprietary distribution". I watched the pee cock playoffs on NFL Network with a six hour delay, commercials, halftime, and evarthang, eh. They'd best not try that with any Lions playoff games - it's not like we...
  12. sKiZo

Sports Illustrated history?

Get em while they're hot! (Oops ... too late ...) https://www.npr.org/2024/01/19/1225680000/sports-illustrated-lays-off-most-of-its-staff A long and winding road, now littered with hairpin turns ... and no brakes ... ;-{
  13. sKiZo

Covid, RSA, RSV, Flu, cold, 2024

Nagging cough? Same here, but I suspect other contributing factors ...
  14. sKiZo

Snow blowers and ears

Me too. Well ... everywhere but my ears, eh ... (eh, what?) ;-} Several pairs here and there, but I can't stand anything in my ears. Earbuds are also verboten here. I do have a couple headsets for when things get LOUD in the shop ... them high pitched blades whining away can be much harder...
  15. sKiZo

GoDaddy Hold Music

Ah - that must have been mentioned in a blocked link here ... my bad.
  16. sKiZo

Snow blowers and ears

Did it clear up after the ice melted out of your ear? ;-} I suppose a lot would depend on what blower you're using. I've got a good sized track drive that's never been a problem and this is the most I ever use for ear protection ...
  17. sKiZo

GoDaddy Hold Music

AI extensions have the same capabilities of most any other streaming software that attempts to match similar media to your choices. It doesn't do storage - it just controls the front end, picking tunes you might like. It's just a lot better at it than any other previous engines, and I assUme...
  18. sKiZo

GoDaddy Hold Music

Soundcloud tried to install itself here and was blocked. And that was without clicking any links. Huh ... Worth mentioning, it's not all that unusual for a site to use it's own player. Good example is archive.org ... nary a problem for me there.
  19. sKiZo

Is Home Theater On Its Way Out?

Define "home theater" ... <G>
  20. sKiZo

Covid, RSA, RSV, Flu, cold, 2024

Yes - hospitalizations are up since the start of winter as expected. Everybody indoors more is one reason, but the newer covid strains are a factor as well. For the United(?) States, those have arrived from across the pond and are taking over fast, especially on the east coast. Chances are good...
  21. sKiZo

Favorite tv character!

Oh. Didna know we needed a list of five ... here ya ago ...
  22. sKiZo

Rain Jacket Maintenance

< BIFF !! > (owwwwwwwwwwwww) Thanx ... I needed that. <G>
  23. sKiZo

Vocals are always to the left… how to correct?

Always a "plan b", right? Maybe add an L+R center channel connection to the system and drag the vocals to the right. Also allows you to play with the virtual height of the room. Best to check with the mfg to see if your amp has a "floating ground" - those can smoke if you try an L+R connection...
Back
Top Bottom