Search results

1. drknife

Dual 1237 - Start/Stop/Repeat Cycle Issue

I am really glad this post helped.
  2. drknife

I am glad this post helped someone else. Cheers.
  3. drknife

I did fix this. I had to bend the piece back into place. Let me know if you have more questions.
  4. drknife

Motorola Console Capacitor Help

I will give them a try. Is it better to go slightly over the MFD rating or go slightly under? Parts Express has a 4.7 MFD and a 5.6 MFD capacitor.
  5. drknife

Motorola Console Capacitor Help

I have Motorola SK43M record console. I am hoping to find a suitable replacement for the capacitor that is the crossover for the mid range and tweeter. I have not been able to find any information. Can anyone here help?
  6. drknife

Here are some images to help illustrate the problem. 1) In the side by side image, the gold metal piece is the "start slide" It is in the idle position in the image on the right. The image on the left is in the play/start position. In the notch is the "stop" position. 2) The other...
  7. drknife

This image shows the picture from the service manual found on vinyl engine. It is either a bad scan or the picture never had the detail needed to see how the "switch lever" and "start slide" are supposed to couple. I will take a picture and upload it soon.
  8. drknife

I finally got it fixed properly. The fact that it did not stop via the stop lever helped me find the problem. The problem stemmed from a bent "switch lever". It is part number 181 in the service manual that is on vinylengine.com. It was very difficult to tell that the switch lever was bent...
  9. drknife

The stop function never worked. I think I have reverse engineered how the mechanics are supposed to work underneath. But I have not yet tried to make them work like they are supposed to. I am at work now for a few hours. I will get home later today and try to implement a fix. I will...
  10. drknife

You may be right. I did not clean the unit properly. I cleaned what I could see without taking it apart. But I think the added tension was all it needed. I think the spring had weakened over the years and wasn't something back far enough. But now I need to understand how to stop this...
  11. drknife

I have the turntable out of the plinth and it appears underneath that the start/stop lever is working properly. It moves the connected arms underneath when the lever is moved. As I said above, I think it was a lack of tension. Or at least adding some tension helped.
  12. drknife

I think I have fixed part of the problem. There was a lack of tension in the start/stop arm. So I used one of my daughters miniature hair ties to add some tension to the lever system. So now the auto start works. The auto-return and then stop works. But if the start/stop lever is...
  13. drknife

I will let you know if I figure out how to fix it.
  14. drknife

I recently have gotten 6 turntables to work on. I started working on a Technics Sp-15. But that turned out to be broken beyond my repairing abilities. So now I have turned to the Dual 1237. This is a belt driven turntable. Here is the issue I am having. The unit powers up fine. The...
  15. drknife

Help me identify this tonearm on a Technics SL-1015

Today my friend gave me this turntable. He was storing it under his bed. The Technics SL-1015 is something I knew nothing about before today. What info can you give me on the turntable and the tonearm. I have googled the sl-1015 and noticed that usually it has the EPA-500 tonearm and not the...
  16. drknife

Pioneer PL-A25 Playing Issue

I will give that a shot. Thanks.
  17. drknife

Pioneer PL-A25 Playing Issue

Hello, I have been away from AK for a little while but I am back. History of this table. I got this table from a fellow AK'er. Here is the thread he made here at AK. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=6560062 I got a ball bearing and everything is good with the platter...
  18. drknife

Marantz 6350Q - New Problems Same Table

No I never figured it out. It is weird. The first couple times I use the left arm after the turntable has been sitting unused it drops slowly and properly. But as I use the arm more it starts to drop faster. I never tried any of the fixes. Lazy, I guess.
  19. drknife

Brand new Pilot C-1090 Console

The console looks very clean for its age.
  20. drknife

What is the Best Way to put Prive Tags on Albums?

I just purchased some of these removable price tags this morning. We will see how they work. Thanks for the help.
  21. drknife

What is the Best Way to put Prive Tags on Albums?

Hi AK, My wife and I are having a garage sale and want to price records individually. There is a great market here for this type of garage sale. I was wondering what ideas you guys have for putting prices onto the record albums. We do not have enough poly sleeves to put all of the records in...
  22. drknife

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

For the price you bought one of the best tables around. But the mods can make it better.
  23. drknife

What record databases do you guys use?

discogs.com It is easy to use and search. It has nearly everything. I love it.
  24. drknife

Beastie Boys Vinyl - Hot Sauce Committee - US Release?

Has anyone had luck with the digital download including an HD version of the new music video, as promised? My digital download only had the music tracks as well as a remix of make some noise, the bug remix.
  25. drknife

Beastie Boys Vinyl - Hot Sauce Committee - US Release?

I believe you are correct. I got curious so I googled it. They are 1) Knight 2) Clepto 3) From the Future Info from...
Back
Top Bottom