Search results

1. wizard_len

Elite Series

If you are looking for an Elite CD player, the PD65 was considered one of the best. It is a basic single disc cd player, but very, very sweet. Often show up on eBay...
  2. wizard_len

Mac 4100

Hi all! I have a McIntosh Mac 4100 receiver that has sat untouched for probably six months now. It works perfectly, but I just don't have time to use it (receiver in the second bedroom where I never go). I don't think it should just sit there and contemplate selling it. As to condition, the...
  3. wizard_len

Sunday Tunes

Early Gordon Lightfoot...perfect for a lazy, rainy day.
  4. wizard_len

Should we divide up Vintage by make?

It didn't take long to find this site as I was Googling for info about my Sansui, and not much longer to join. I thought of all the things I would have passed by, as I skipped right to the Pioneer forum, or the Sansui forum, instead of taking the time to explore what was right there in front...
  5. wizard_len

Who thinks we should have a kenwood forum?

Back in the late 60s to 70s, Kenwood was a very proud name, considered at least the equivalent of Pioneer, Sansui or Marantz. There are a lot of Kenwood lovers hanging out here, so I vote for giving them/us a forum.
  6. wizard_len

How many Watts are your main amps?

My main system is Pioneer Elite, using an M90 amp, rated at 200WPC. My second system uses a Mac 4100 receiver, rated at 75WPC, I believe.
  7. wizard_len

Blue face VS white face

Blue displays, when they are working right, are pure sex in dark room, almost a primordial glow. White, somehow, seems so pedestrian. My stuff glows orange, which is just garish. Len
  8. wizard_len

And the Audiokarma Member of the Year 2005 award goes to.....

Belated but well earned congratulations to both. I've had no direct dealings with LV but have been much impressed with Merrylander.
  9. wizard_len

is this guy kidding??????

That's the container for that rare Pioneer coating solution for their outputs...it's called unobtainium. :)
  10. wizard_len

McIntosh....how does it fit in?

I have always viewed McIntosh as holding a nether, middle ground...something exotic and far too expensive for the Pioneer, Technics, Sansui set, but something a little too common and pedestrian for the ultra-exotic handbuilt set. It holds the allure of more or less mass production (with its...
  11. wizard_len

RT-909 with Woodcase

I think I need that...
  12. wizard_len

If You Are Looking for a MAC-4100

Mac 4100 is certainly a nice receiver The Mac 4100 is the finest receiver I have ever owned, elegant, well-built and musical. I had to pay over $600 for mine last year but haven't regretted it for a minute. If you want one, it's worth the money.
  13. wizard_len

Pioneer Elite M-90

The M90 was a very good amp and the $500 sale price was not out of line for a mint example. If it is as described, the new owner will be very happy.
  14. wizard_len

Greatest Hype of all time? Everyone missed it

Thanks for the best bunch of BS I have seen outside of the political arena in quite some time!
  15. wizard_len

My setup Then 1986 & Now 2005

Lord, isn't it strange, after changes upon changes, we are more or less the same, After changes, we are more or less the same! Paul Simon
  16. wizard_len

Hello everyone

Welcome to the audio looney bin; it's a nice place to be and it sounds like you will fit right in!
  17. wizard_len

Nice Saturday afternoon

I'm with you, just a bit behind your time. It's 8PM, the chores are done and Rod Stewart is singing his hoarse little heart out for me. A cold brewsky eases the aches and pains, and the day is finally good.
  18. wizard_len

Saturday Tunes

The concert for Bengla Desh...the Dylan set.
  19. wizard_len

New favorite speakers

If you like them that much, I've got a set you can acquire real cheap! My 150th post, Yea for Me!
  20. wizard_len

A Challenge!

Count me in for a tenner, just sent.
  21. wizard_len

Monkey Business on the 'Bay?

It's interesting to note that the seller got less money for each successive sale. He probably should have just sold it the first time and been money and time ahead.
  22. wizard_len

Looking for a nice pair of speakers

A pair of vintage JBL L100s should be within your budget and will match nicely to your receiver. They are quite efficient and sound good on most types of music. They would make a good starting point and are appreciating in value it would appear, so you should have a safe investment.
  23. wizard_len

Favorite Female Artists

For pure listening, I'd have to say Emmylou Harris or Linda Ronstadt. If you throw in looking and dreaming, well, it gets real complicated real fast.
  24. wizard_len

Anyone in the Dallas area? Denton, specifically?

I'm in Shreveport, three hours away, and come to Dallas at least once a month, so I guess you could say I'm in the area.
  25. wizard_len

Brussels Sprouts Poetry

With apologies to DingusBoy, it goes like this: There once was a man from Nantucket, With brussel sprouts held in a bucket. To like them, he tried He ate, puked and died! His epitaph: Brussel Sprouts: **** It!
Back
Top Bottom