Search results

1. 70sGuy

Kendwood KD-5066 Trouble with Auto Return

The Ortofon seems ok for an inexpensive cartridge. It was easy to install and works ok.
  2. 70sGuy

Thanks Sam for the info. I'll give it a try tonight.
  3. 70sGuy

I recently aquired a decent Kenwood KD-5066 Direct Drive Full Automatic. I have been attempting to get this TT back into fully Automatic playability, and have run into a problem with the auto return. When the auto return starts, it pulls the needle across the record before it picks up. I just...
  4. 70sGuy

Show Us Your Utahs!

I used to own a pair of Utah 6 x 9s that I had installed in the rear deck of a 69 Chevelle. The frames were painted orange and they had 16 oz magnets. They rocked!
  5. 70sGuy

Just received a Sanyo 2050 Receiver

Update: I noticed the other morning that the Signal Strength meter was also working on an FM station, but most of the time it does not. Not sure why...
  6. 70sGuy

The cat thinks it's her new receiver. I figured out today that the signal strength meter only works for AM, and the Tuning meter only works for FM. I don't know if other vintage receivers are like that or if it is just a Sanyo thing.
  7. 70sGuy

Bought a pair of KLH 120 Speakers Info?

Thanks for the warning about the made in China KLH speakers. Fortunately, these were made in the USA (See attachment lower left). I don't think that they are old enough to have been made in the 70s though. The JBL 2600s are bookshelf speakers with 6 1/2" drivers so the KLH with the 12"...
  8. 70sGuy

Here are some pics.
  9. 70sGuy

Pioneer CS-J525 any info on these?

Got them. Here are the pics. Oh well, I bought them today. $25 for the pair. They are about 35" X 11" X 10 1/2", and have two 8" Drivers, one small tweeter. 150 Watts.
  10. 70sGuy

More Pics Cut off about 5 feet of some old 300 Ohm Antenna wire, and connected, and it works much better. This morning, I took off the covers to see If I could get the radio dial to light. At first, I could find no lights for the dial, but soon found some on the sides of the dial. I looked...
  11. 70sGuy

Small(er) receivers with good tuners?

I just got a Sanyo 2050 receiver yesterday. It worked pretty good last night in the LA basin. I learned today that I should try actually connecting an antenna to the FM, as I thought that the small tube antenna in the back was for the FM, but AK users have told me that this is for AM only...
  12. 70sGuy

Thanks for the info about the AM Antenna. That would explain alot. I believe that I still have one of those old T wire antennas downstairs. I'll try it tonight.
  13. 70sGuy

Pics Here are some pics.
  14. 70sGuy

Sorry, I don't have Pics yet, but it really sounds good! The JBL2600s (connected to Speakers B) did'nt have quite all the bass I had hoped, but I also connected some KLH 120 as Speakers A, and using both, the unit was very impressive. It has a large volume control in the middle that goes from...
  15. 70sGuy

I'm going to set it up and test it out tonight with some JBL2600 speakers. I'm hoping that it has a good FM radio.
  16. 70sGuy

I bought a pair of KLH model 120 speakers yesterday for $25. They sound Great! They are 29" x 15" x 10" rated from 5 to 290 watts, but the Ohms is not stated. Has anyone heard of these?
  17. 70sGuy

Pioneer CS-J525 any info on these?

Does any one have any information on some Pioneer CS-J525 speakers? Wattage? Driver size?
  18. 70sGuy

anybody heard of Norman Laboratories?

A friend of mine in college had some Norman Labs Speakers, they worked pretty well with his Realistic receiver.
Back
Top Bottom