Search results

1. copterske2

JVC QL A5 tonearm sticks at beginning

Well, let me just give my thanks to those of you who sacrificed units and those of you who asked the original questions on this sticking tonearm issue. I too, was working with the JVC L – A55. And this issue was just driving me crazy. I don’t know if I would’ve ever carried it to the point of...
  2. copterske2

Magnavox Record Player

OK I finally had a chance to get back to this. So it was one of the little levers on the cam itself that was stuck so I loosened that bad boy up and problem solved. Thanks for your help everyone, every time I do one of these I learn a little bit more about these units.
  3. copterske2

Magnavox Record Player

Ok I’m just now getting back to this. The unit now has the opposite problem: the cam keeps getting tripped after the arm sets down and I can’t figure out the mechanism that is making that happen. It doesn’t appear to be the trip link though.
  4. copterske2

Magnavox Record Player

It is indeed a 1201! Thanks so much! The trip link was bent in all sort of ways. I also thought it might have been broken off where the higlit circle is but it appears that’s how it’s supposed to be. I’ve leveled if as best I can do we’ll see!
  5. copterske2

Magnavox Record Player

OK, so I corrected the way the spring and clip are connected so that’s good as far as it goes. However, it seems like the issue is with the slider mechanism that engages when the knob is turned to “reject.” If I’m correct, the lever moves a little tongue piece that is supposed to nudge the...
  6. copterske2

Magnavox Record Player

Ohhhh ok, I’ll give that a whirl. Thanks so much
  7. copterske2

Magnavox Record Player

Greetings all, I’m refurbishing this Magnavox unit. I replaced a couple tubes and will be recapping. I have a question about the VOM turntable. It won’t go through the auto cycle. I have cleaned and relubed the workings according to the instructions from the Voice of Music folks. However...
  8. copterske2

Calling All Motorola Consoles!!!

And Gary said that part of the plate was sheared off at some point . So he’s sending me a new one and instructions on refurbishing. Thanks again Aaron.
  9. copterske2

Ok sounds good. I really appreciate the help!
  10. copterske2

Yes, indeed! Here are some more photos, including the model number… I believe, and also behind that slide.
  11. copterske2

I didn’t, though I can see behind and all around it pretty clearly.
  12. copterske2

Well, that definitely looks like the same unit but I don’t see that lever anywhere . I have that piece behind and on the bottom of the plate and it almost looks of one piece with the lever but obviously it can’t be. Very strange.
  13. copterske2

So I do have a question about the turntable in this unit. It is having the usual issues with the arm not quite working in automatic mode. I went through and did all the cleaning and lubing, and all the parts move very easily and I don’t see anything that I missed as far as cleaning is concerned...
  14. copterske2

Greetings all, I picked up this console with the Motorola X 300 unit yesterday. Everything works just fine. It’s missing the stereo stylus, but it works and sounds quite good playing 78 RPM. But there is one issue that has me puzzled. The radio dial needles hang up while tuning as you can see on...
  15. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

I finally had a chance to check resistance on that woofer. And there is none. I checked the other as a control and it measures about 7.5 ohms as it should. It really is weird that the tweeter gets sound via the woofer connects though…
  16. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

Lol, now why didn’t I think of that? So it must be aluminum then…
  17. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

yes exactly…I just figured it’s routing up through the crossover…
  18. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

well, when I connect the leads directly to the woofer, I do get sound out of the tweeter so I assume that means the crossover is OK?
  19. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

Is that the wire going from the basket to the cone? It is intact. And the cone does move easily and freely.
  20. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

Wow they sure do!
  21. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

it feels heavier than aluminum. My guess is steel. Are re-coning parts pretty much standard or would I need to find ones specific to that brand?
  22. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

Ok, here are some bettter pics. Unfortunately, I can’t takeoff the crossover from the back because the screws have literally zero slot for a screwdriver to gain purchase on.
  23. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

there are pics attached to my initial post. Here is one inside the cabinet.
  24. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

Of course, now the trick is figuring out what to get as a replacement. The woofer has the number 851432 stamped on the back. But that doesn’t come up in any search. Parts Express has a few 5” Peerless woofers such as this...
  25. copterske2

The Auto-Phile Speakers

Well, I went back and picked them up. They do have mounting threads on both sides so my guess is they are for the back of your rad custom van! Which would keep the nice veneer and cloth out of the sun. Unfortunately, the woofer in one of them does not work. The one that does work sounds...
Back
Top Bottom