Search results

1. SBEEZ

Did audio gear improvements change your music taste?

I find that it's making me wish for higher quality versions of music I already have. Those 128k mp3 files from years back sound worse and worse as I upgrade....
  2. SBEEZ

Which Sansui Reciever should I get?

I found an 8080 a few months back and love it. Can't say about the rest, because I haven't listened to 'em. It might pack a little more of a punch than what you're looking for though....maybe a 7070?
  3. SBEEZ

Steve, I just saw this message....took quite a break from AudioK. Noticed your post today in the...

Steve, I just saw this message....took quite a break from AudioK. Noticed your post today in the forums. Ironically, I may be taking a photography class or two up at UAF this fall. Cool video with the V-Discs! Shawn
  4. SBEEZ

Pioneer CB-05 Rack assembly

The tuner is the TX-055 model. Looks like it ranges from 87 Mhz to 108. I just read that the Japanese FM band is 76-90. Just reread the OP's comments. He had a SA-05 amp. Mine is the SA-055. Maybe they sold a similar set in the US and/or Europe? The model numbers for my particular CB-05 set...
  5. SBEEZ

Pioneer CB-05 Rack assembly

I am bringing back a somewhat old thread, but I just found the majority of a CB-05 system at a local thrift. Got the cabinet, equalizer, amp/mixer, dual cassette deck, CS-055 speakers, slot-turntable, and tuner. Everything appears to work except the turntable. I will break into that...might just...
  6. SBEEZ

Anyone else notice vinyl prices rising quickly?

I got into it partly because it was cheap. This is definitely changing, but there are still deals out there...Now that I'm hooked, I'm not leaving, but I definitely look for cheap CDs and cassettes too (as I always have). I think the market for used CDs on the cheap will only improve.
  7. SBEEZ

Thrift find: Pioneer SE-505

Recently picked up a pair of Pioneer SE-505 stereophones at a local thrift store for two bucks in "as is" condition. No-brainer gamble there. Took 'em home, and they were really staticy when turning the knobs, and would cut out here and there. I opened them today and sprayed down the pots, and...
  8. SBEEZ

Koss Pro4a repair

The earpads are on there pretty good. I recently removed mine, and I found it easiest to stick my finger underneath the pad from the inside and push up and out. From there, it's pretty easy going.
  9. SBEEZ

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

A few used: 10cc - The Original Soundtrack Queen - Jazz Falco - 3 (guilty pleasure....) Roberta Flack - Chapter Two Neil Young - After the Goldrush Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees And a few new reissues- Funkadelic - Maggot Brain (Three Men with Beards) Sly and the Family Stone - There's a Riot...
  10. SBEEZ

Vinyl, It looks better, it sounds better.

I've owned two ipods over the years. Spent ~$250 on both, that's $500 invested. Average life span of 2 years each. I have not purchased another. I could have spent that $500 on a turntable or a bunch of albums that I could have been enjoying for decades. Went back to using CDs in the car (and...
  11. SBEEZ

I feel like ranting...

What blackfly said!
  12. SBEEZ

Vintage Audio and Facebook

Good stuff.
  13. SBEEZ

New vs. old Koss Pro 4aa

Nevermind, just scored an old pair at a great price.
  14. SBEEZ

Analog in da' house

Right. I think you will find a happy medium.
  15. SBEEZ

Analog in da' house

Nice looking table!
  16. SBEEZ

Vinyl only spin list

Rick James--Fire it Up! Someone gave this to me because they thought Rick James was a joke. I actually think it's a pretty good record.
  17. SBEEZ

The Classic Era of HiFi Stereo 1959-1979

I do think there is some truth to this. The era of the LP--which I think you're on track with, was an era where music was more actively listened to. (I won't touch the quality/quantity issue as that's been beaten to death on these forums.) Today, home entertainment, as someone mentioned earlier...
  18. SBEEZ

Rolling Stones - Ron Wood

I actually think he stands out a little more on the Rod Stewart albums.
  19. SBEEZ

New vs. old Koss Pro 4aa

I'm considering picking up a pair of Koss Pro 4aa headphones. Is there any noticeable difference in build quality between the old and the new? Sound quality? Has Koss updated the audio technology in the new makes? I've been watching ebay auctions, and while I think something good could be...
  20. SBEEZ

Best/Favorite first song from a first album?

Baba O'Riley- The Who ~ Who's Next Jane - Jefferson Starship ~ Freedom at Point Zero Taxman- The Beatles ~ Revolver Illegal Smile - John Prine ~ S/T Wouldn't it Be Nice - The Beach Boys ~ Pet Sounds Burning Down the House - Talking Heads ~ Speaking in Tongues Seven Nation Army - The White...
  21. SBEEZ

Vinyl only spin list

Chicago Transit Authority!
  22. SBEEZ

The Classic Era of HiFi Stereo 1959-1979

I often get myself into trouble for generalizing. But the classic era to me is loosely defined by the classy tube amps, extending into the big, heavy, wooden/silverface SS models made in Japan.
  23. SBEEZ

The first REAL album you got into and how old were you.

Tom Petty- Full Moon Fever on cassette. Plus my dad's old Boston (S/T) and Styx (Grand Illusion) cassettes. I was around 12. For whatever reason the grunge of the day didn't have a big impact on me.
  24. SBEEZ

I feel like ranting...

Agreed on all points. And admittedly, my Sansui 8080 took a lot of work to get for that price---a person is very lucky if you score like that by showing up to a thrift store once in a blue moon. Also, $5 is a bargain, but there are hidden costs with old receivers like recapping, and other...
Back
Top Bottom