Search results

1. Mowgli

Do I need a Headphone Amp for 600 ohms with a Marantz 2275 receiver?

I have 600 ohm Beyer DT880's arriving on Wednesday. I saw discussion on head-fi that receivers won't typically drive these well. I use a Marantz 2275 in good enough condition but unrestored to my knowledge. I'm not a member at hifiengine so I can't DL the specsheet and don't have an OM for it...
  2. Mowgli

Car Tunes

What's been cranking while you've been rolling? I have a 6CD changer but no USB. 2008 Chevy SS with the (very good) stock Pioneer system 8" + 4 It'll be out of warranty this year so it'll get an upgrade then :yes: I usually play Grateful Dead live shows but sometimes I need to change...
  3. Mowgli

Shipping in bags weaker than shopping bags - WTF?

I bought a few used books recently through Amazon. youronlinebookstore.com (your_online_bookstore) ships using flimsy grey plastic bags weaker than my kitchen bags or grocery store plastic bags. No padding or anything. just empty except for my damaged books. Nice coffee table quality book...
  4. Mowgli

Twilight Zone Marathon on SyFy Channel

Turn it on quick. It's on now. 244 on Direct TV. Now until 5AM Wednesday. 69 eps between now and Sunday the 13th so it must be a regularly scheduled show there. Marathon until Wed @ 5AM at least set your DVR :smoke:
  5. Mowgli

Some stupid old screenshots I found

Tart menu on Windoze 2000? Good old dial-up Napster DLs These were from around year 2000, anyone have any stupid old screenshots to share?
  6. Mowgli

Marantz 2275 - Time for a recap?

My 2275 sounds great at low-mid levels but it doesn't have the punch at loud levels that I think it should. I play it using flat settings on the tone controls but need to turn the bass up 1-3 notches when cranking Van Halen. It sounds good without turning the bass up but it doesn't seem to...
  7. Mowgli

I woke up this morning with a bad hangover

King Missile ~ Detachable Penis I woke up this morning with a bad hangover And my penis was missing again. This happens all the time. It's detachable. [background singing begins: "detachable penis" over and over] This comes in handy a lot of the time. I can leave it home, when I...
  8. Mowgli

Carpet or Adjustable Rubber Feet To Stabilize/Isolate Speakers On Uneven HW Floor?

I got no love at the SPEAKERS section of the forum so here's a complete copy/paste: I Googled, I searched here, I read back 20+ pages...I even read a hundred or so posts into the latest pointy speaker-feet thread... I have a small living room (my listening space) in my 102 year old...
  9. Mowgli

Carpet or Adjustable Rubber Feet To Stabilize/Isolate Speakers On Uneven HW Floor?

I googled, I searched here, I read back 20+ pages...I even read a hundred or so posts into the latest pointy speaker feet thread... I have a small living room (my listening space) in my 102 year old house. It's well-built but has hardwood floors with no carpet. My speakers rock on the...
  10. Mowgli

Dual 1229Q - issues & worth

Someone wants to buy my non-working Dual 1229Q for $50 along with some other gear. I get the impression that whethter I sell the Dual will make break the rest of the deal. The Dual is in very good cosmetic condition. The uncracked cover should buff out to excellent. The start switch doesn't...
  11. Mowgli

Snot Running Down His Nose

Just felt like sharing some warm, sunny, Spring Day lyrics... Wond'ring Aloud by Jethro Tull from Aqualung (1971) Wond'ring aloud -- how we feel today. Last night sipped the sunset -- my hands in her hair. We are our own saviours as we start both our hearts beating life...
  12. Mowgli

Official Grateful Dead Thread

Thoughts and hallucinations welcome! Here's some original art It's large so I had to scan the 2 halves and stitch the pix together. It's kind of busy but I'd like to make it available for desktop wallpaper. Flickr squished it to 1024 x 784 - it's actually 1568 x 1200 - anyone have a place...
  13. Mowgli

Direct Drive TT Motors wear out? - Technics S-L5

I posted these questions in the vinyl only spin list yesterday but got no response. Here's the post verbatim and BTW - I was referring to playing BadCo ~ Straight Shooter ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I just got back to play side 2 of Straight Shooter and it...
  14. Mowgli

Sssstrange Sssssiblancccce On Let It Grow Sssssong with Klipsch 3.2ssss

Like I sssssaid in the title: On Eric Clapton ~ 461 Ocean Boulevard album (RSO pressing) the words blossom, sun & snow have a strange, almost metallic sound. The rest of the album sounds very good. Anyone want to give their Let It Grow on 461 OB RSO LP a ssssspin and possssst...
  15. Mowgli

"New" Klipsch 3.2s + Steely Dan ~ Aja = Driver Replacement ???s

About 1990 or so I got a pair of KG2s with the Tweeter Etc upgrade deal. Upgrade to different speakers (that cost at least 1.5x) within a year for full purchase price credit. Used it to upgrade to KG4s then Quartets. I loved them all but esp. the Quartets. I eventually had to sell them...
  16. Mowgli

Realistic subwoofer 40-4050, Solo 103s & KLH 17s = $100?

I really only want the KLH 17s but my barter is worth $75. He'd separate but wants $100 for the entire batch. My barter + $20 or so. I read the sub was made to pair with the Minimus 7s, anyone used it with Solo 103s? Would that make a good surround sound for TV/movies coupled with the 17s...
  17. Mowgli

Help with Maggie Consoles re: Impedance

I caught the rockin-consoles-for-free bug and have 5 Maggies now. I'd like to know if the 60's and 70's used the same impedance for the speakers. I'd like to swap the 10" w/horns from a 1970 Astrosonic into a 1965 Magnasonic with 12's & pairs of 4" mids. The bass is tight on the 65 but...
  18. Mowgli

Why does everyone recommend Turntableneedles.com?

Everytime I've seen someone ask where they can get a stylus they get sent to Turntableneedles.com Is the Stereo needles lady trustworthy? Here's her site http://www.stereoneedleslady.com/servlet/StoreFront She has my needle for half the price Turntableneedles.com wants. She has 99.9%...
Back
Top Bottom