Search results

1. T

NOS Separates

That's the advice I was looking for - Thanks! I was definitely leaning towards doing the whole thing even before turning them on and that just reinforced my thoughts.
  2. T

NOS Separates

My intention would be to use them every day! If my starting point is pristine equipment, I can keep it that way. I have an old Marantz 2265B that I bought new back in the late 70's and it looks like the day I bought it. Of course I've had to recap it and fix things a couple times but that's...
  3. T

NOS Separates

When bringing up on a variac, how much for how long? If an hour, would 10v every 5min be a good rate?
  4. T

NOS Separates

Since they are not in sealed boxes I have to go with the assumption that at some point in their lives they have at least been plugged in but from the pics all the signs are there that they have never been set up and played on a regular basis. I haven't seen them in person yet but they certainly...
  5. T

NOS Separates

A local guy has a the TU/AU-9900 tuner and amp pair for sale that have never been used. I assume they have never even been plugged in. They have been stored away in original boxes and since new. My question is what is the risk that some deterioration of some of the components have occurred...
  6. T

2265b Speaker issue

Found the emitter resistors and are within spec.
  7. T

2265b Speaker issue

Ok, so on the left channel, the OK one I can set bias to 20mV and offset to 0. However, on the right channel I can only get max 1.2 mV and offset to 0. Which resistors are the emitter resistors? Thanks for any help - wish I were a tech but just learning this stuff. Doug-
  8. T

2265b Speaker issue

Will check all that, Thanks, Doug
  9. T

2265b Speaker issue

BTW: I pulled the speaker protect relay and cleaned the contacts. After reinstalling, no change and no amount of tapping on it makes a difference in the distortion on the right channel. It is an older model relay - DEC MS4U 24vdc but has a black case where my other 2265b has a clear case so I...
  10. T

2265b Speaker issue

My 2265B has a distorted right channel from either system 1 or 2 speaker outs and it's distorted in headphones. However the headphones are perfect if I turn the speakers off with the system buttons. The strange thing (to me) is when I disconnect the speaker, pressing the system buttons...
  11. T

Marantz 2250 lamp housing replacement

Very interesting! Let us know how yours turns out. I'll have to take mine out to actually see if it's the same or similar. Very difficult to tell from the 2265b manual - looks similar enough that just a little tweaking may be all that's needed. Wow, never knew 3D printing even existed until...
  12. T

Marantz 2250 lamp housing replacement

I had the same problem with the shield on my 2265b - different part number though. Mine fell apart when changing lamps. A fellow on EBay a few years ago was selling much sturdier looking replacements but haven't seen them in quite a while. If you find someone that can fabricate these please...
  13. T

Marantz 2265b won't power up

Well, that was fun. Getting to the core involved removing the covers and sliding off 3 tight metal straps all of which has copious amounts of old glue on them. Found the fuse but again it was glued under a couple layers of insulating material. I decided to cut through this layer and made my...
  14. T

Thanks - I'm gonna give it a shot!
  15. T

Thanks, I guess I'll dive in and see what's what.
  16. T

I've finally had time to go thru this thing. Appears the primary in the transformer is open. Either the primary itself opened which is unlikely or the thermal fuse blew - much more likely. Has anyone tried to fix or bypass the internal thermal fuse in a marantz transformer? I haven't opened...
  17. T

Looked over a schematic I found online. My 2265b only has a main fuse. The PP01 board is only on the Euro version and the Canadian version has 2 additional fuses. Unfortunately I bought mine in the good ol' USA so no additional fuses. Strange the service manual has no troubleshooting section.
  18. T

Thanks for the replies. The fuse was NOT blown - tested fine but put a new one in anyway. Man, these things are built! Don't see anything burnt or any telltale signs but pretty hard to see much without removing circuit boards. Looked everywhere for another internal fuse but just don't see...
  19. T

I have a 2265b that worked perfect for 33 years till yesterday. Left it on with a Sirius tuner plugged into the swithed power outlet on the back and left for a couple hours. When came back the receiver was dark and not working but the Sirius tuner was still powered up. The on/off switch was...
Back
Top Bottom