Search results

1. rito25

Capacitance loading question?

and that didn't work at all. Any way I could gain about 10 Db of high end from around 10 khz with capacitance loading?
  2. rito25

And you can trash this thread. I thought about it this morning and realized it would be way easier to just and an ON/OFF switch to the cap.
  3. rito25

Ok, So I finally got around to finishing the mods for my AKAI M8 tube amps. Adding a 375 pF cap really smoothed out the highend on the line in side; however, it totally destroyed the treble on the phono side. It could be the head phones making things sound darker, but comparing the Breeders -...
  4. rito25

Kickin it with the big boys now... Otari MTR-12

I see that Tascam 48 is the bigger brother of my 38. A great sounding deck indeed. I'm recording a friend's EP on tape in a week. First time doing it. I'm a bit nervous. I'm looking for a nice 2 channel deck to mix down too. I have a bunch of 1/4 in 4 track/2channels recorders, but those aren't...
  5. rito25

Sources for RGMI 911 pancakes?

USrecordingmedia is out of stock, Splicit is cheap but I need to order 3 which I don't have the reel or cash to do so.
  6. rito25

Kickin it with the big boys now... Otari MTR-12

I want to go and make a road trip up to your house and get that for my analog basement studio I have. Amazing machine!
  7. rito25

Sources for RGMI 911 pancakes?

I'd like to get some RGMI pancakes for an EP I'm producing for a friend. I can't seem to find any website that has it in stock. I would get NOS but 456 seems to be such a crap shot it doesn't seem to be worth it.
  8. rito25

High quality 2 tracks?

What are good options in the mix down department? I'm looking for something like a Tascam 32. Anything similar that doesn't cost as much?
  9. rito25

Best tape to record an album to?

Not to record a stereo source. I want to record a full band I should have specified. I have a used roll of GP9 that i bought for cheap to mess around with. How hard would it be to rebais or is it not really needed?
  10. rito25

Best tape to record an album to?

I am going to be recording two EP's to tape within the next few months. I am using a Tascam 38. What kind of tape should I be looking at to use? Standard RMGI SM911 since that's what the machine is built for? Or can it handle the GP9 or better tape? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that...
  11. rito25

Mixer for a Tascam 38

I don't think that noise reduction is music reduction. Many, Many studios since the late 60's have been using Dolby and sound fantastic.
  12. rito25

Mixer for a Tascam 38

Yeah. Going to look into the Tascam M 30. Would be nice if it had more mic ports though. I also realized that tape doesn't need down mix channels as much.
  13. rito25

Mixer for a Tascam 38

Ok. What about VU's with dbx like units? What do I do if I desire more mic inputs?
  14. rito25

Mixer for a Tascam 38

I bought a tascam 38. I need to get a mixer for it. The manual recommends getting the Tascam M 30. I'm looking around locally to see what my options are. What is confusing me about mixers is finding the right amount of channels. The Tascam need 8 channels in and 8 channels out in order to work...
  15. rito25

Bought a bunch of tubes for $7. Anything cool I can build with these?

Yeah. I see the point now. I need to find something like my Akai M8's so I can convert that to what I want.
  16. rito25

So i'd use the 5u4 as my power out put? The 6au6 would be the input? Then what would the 6sn7 do? Is making a tube amp hard?
  17. rito25

I wouldn't call that a little tube.
  18. rito25

I was in a thrift store and found a lot of tubes for sale. Most of them look good, a few look bad, and one or two are broken. Here's what the looks good list contains: 6w6 6BL7 6SN7 5U4 17BF11 15BD11 6EA8 3BG5 6AG5 x 2 2329 11BG11 6AU6 x 2 2CY5 8LT8 Anything cool I could build...
  19. rito25

Is RIAA phono preamp limited to 30-15,000 HZ?

Most of the time the range people can hear once they are past their twenties is 30-15000. Most manufactures try to get the range as flat as possible. Past this frequency range the curve probably isn't as flat but it still exists.
  20. rito25

The quality of 78's played on a Victrola is amazing

I've been there once as a child with my mom. Fascinating place.
  21. rito25

I've heard that too. We have some cactus plants I might try it with later.
  22. rito25

I live in Delaware. It is a far away place from CO. My Victrola is what appears to be a 1916 VV-X.
  23. rito25

Yeah. I knew that much. There's a good reason you can buy 100 needles for 1.99. If only my turntable needles were that cheap. That ebay suggestion is a good idea.
  24. rito25

Ouch. This is a wind up Victrola. This really stinks. Oh well. Time to invest in a legit 78 speed turntable. I believe my victrola is from 1917. I'll have to get the rest of the info about it later. Thanks for the head up. I'll keep that in mind. The records were still fairly shiney. Normal...
  25. rito25

I got our family Victrola working today. Not only is it rediculously loud. It sounds pretty amazing playing Les Paul and Dinah Shore. Now I want to get a turntable that can play 78's and compare.
Back
Top Bottom