Search results

1. 11rufus11

What's British in your system?

Creek Audio 5350SE integrated amplifier, Music Hall CD 25.2, and Quad 12L2 speakers. Excellent sound for my den.
  2. 11rufus11

A step backward? Maybe, but I still like it. My modest new system.

What happened to the Onkyo cassette player? By the way, good choice with the Kenwood 8150. :music:
  3. 11rufus11

What vintage gear are you currently lusting for?

[/URL][/IMG] Accuphase 303X [/URL][/IMG] Luxman M-05
  4. 11rufus11

Surrealistic's Super Setup!

Ahhh...the simple pleasures. Nice system. Just needs a little more breathing room.
  5. 11rufus11

My latest setup.

Sssaaaaweeet!
  6. 11rufus11

Luxman R-1120 good receiver?

If you haven't yet, buy it now! Work out the bugs later.
  7. 11rufus11

Denon DRA 1035R

I had the Denon DRA-835R which I bought in 1992 for my den. I paid $550 back then for it brand new. It had 85 WPC I believe. It was a decent reciever, but I am not a big fan of receivers just for the fact that the tuners in them are not the best. I sold it a few years later and went back to...
  8. 11rufus11

The worst piece of HiFi Equipment you've ever owned?

I'll have to go with a POS grundig console. I guess as much thought went into the making of the cabinet as the design of the electronics! :scratch2:
  9. 11rufus11

Curious? Do they sound better acoustically with the dust cover on or off? :D
  10. 11rufus11

bose wave radio

I would have a suggestion on what to do with a bosewave 3000 that is not working, but in the "spirit of helpfulness", I will shut up and let others respond. ;)
  11. 11rufus11

SVI2004A's Tower of Power

Wow...nice.....then I saw the SE-A3MK2 amp in the bottom, right hand corner of the third picture in your first post and I almost shat in my pants! You lucky dog!
  12. 11rufus11

JVC does not get much respect

A JVC V-71 Tuner. I bought it in 1977 and I still have it. It is a good tuner. :thmbsp: http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad113/11rufus11/ok2.jpg
  13. 11rufus11

Seller's Remorse

An Accuphase 303x. :tears: I bought it new in 1984 and sold it in 1999. I lost my job in 1999 and I needed some money to pay bills. Bad thing about it, I found a great job three months after I sold it. I am still kicking myself in the ass to this day.
  14. 11rufus11

Well, at least there was no where else to go but up from there. Geesh..
  15. 11rufus11

McIntosh XR230 Speaker Issues

One midrange surround looks twisted. Isolated speaker and that is the problem. Ordered one for replacement. See if that helps. Lesson learned:look closely and troubleshoot before posting. Thanks c dk!
  16. 11rufus11

McIntosh XR230 Speaker Issues

I have a pair of Mac XR 230 speakers I bought new in 1992. They always sounded clear, detailed, and virtually distortion-free. I have driven them with a Kenwood KA-9100, KA-7100, an Accuphase E-303X for a while, and then back to the Kenwood KA-9100 until 2007 in our den. I put the XR230's in a...
  17. 11rufus11

Cd player in the $400 range?

Rega Apollo is an excellent choice. It was on the top of my list when I went looking two years ago for a good inexpensive CD player. However, I bought a used Music Hall 25.2 because of the excellent price and I am pleased with it.
  18. 11rufus11

Help with finding a Technics Model

Great find! Those were built like tanks back then. Does the cassette play ok?
  19. 11rufus11

Was it silly to pass on a $35.00 Pioneer SX-636?

Yes, I sneak stuff in and then later on if she sees it she will ask, "When did you get that?!" I answer by saying, "Oh I've had that for years. You don't remember?" I can get away with that with all of the equipment I have. But one day while I am out, she might take inventory and bust me on it.
  20. 11rufus11

Quad 11L Classic

I cannot speak for the 11L Quads, but I have the 12L2 Quads and I am very happy with them. The only difference between the two is the 12L2's have a larger woofer. I drive them with a Creek 5350SE integrated amp and it sounds fantastic. I am very impressed with the sound/quality/cost ratio. The...
  21. 11rufus11

I would have to say the worst piece of hi-fi equipment I ever owned was a NAD CD player model 5060 which was a 6 disc changer cartridge player. The sound was bright and listener fatigue set in rather quickly. It really wasn't a terrible or distorted sound, just somewhat tinny on the higher end...
  22. 11rufus11

My Set up

Ah yes...recognized the SL-D2 right off the bat. Brings back sweet memories. Great bang for the buck on that turntable.
  23. 11rufus11

Help Identify System

Oops! I put the same url twice of the picture of the Luxman T-310. Here are the pictures of the T-300 and the T-310 to compare the difference. http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/LuxT-300.jpg and http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/T-310U.jpg
  24. 11rufus11

Help Identify System

I think I know what the tuner is. It is a Luxman T-310. It has the two buttons for tape out as opposed to the T-300. Here are pics: http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/T-310U.jpg and http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/T-310U.jpg to compare. Thanks daveg3588 and aileenamegan for the id on the Tandberg TCD300/310...
Back
Top Bottom