Search results

1. D

Guess why my Kenwood KD5066 is so heavy

Brick in PL-L1000? No, my PL-L1000 has no added weights in it. Weighs a ton without it. I did just pick up a KD-5066 though and wonder if any of the Kenwood Guru's out there can enlighten me regarding the plastic center pins on the dedicated phono-plugs? I'm getting no signal using them...
  2. D

What's the best receiver you ever heard?

Very Best, depends on use. OK, great discussion and there are some good ears out there based upon the selections that I am seeing. I've probably had and worked on over a hundred receivers and although I build tube gear I have great respect for the quality receivers that were made up until...
  3. D

Seeking advice about upgrading/replacing Stanton 681EE

Here's my two cents for what it's worth: I have owned many tables and cartridges over the past 40+ years including currently a three motor Clearaudio Maximum Solution with a Graham 2.2 arm and a Benz Ruby MC cartridge for a reference. I also have a Thorens TD-145 with a Stanton 681eee with the...
  4. D

MSP CL - Carver Amazing Loudspeaker Platinums - $200

Just would like to clarify the typically espoused statement that the later version was superior to the original. My personal experience was the opposite. If you had amps that could handle them. Bob's idealized originals impedance was brutal to drive so he had to compromise perfect response to...
  5. D

Philips FB825 speakers

I have owned the FB1000's, FB825's, and the original(and best if you can drive them)Carver Amazings. The FB1000's are the ones that remain. Both others are ridiculously good bargains for what they can be acquired for today and all will outperform a significant percentage of the very expensive...
  6. D

Rotel RX-603

Rick, I've probably owned around 100 vintage receivers over the years. Although I design and build tube gear I have great admiration for the quality of many of the SS receivers built thru the end of the 70's. I have owned two Rotel's in this series and found them to be quite good sonically and...
Back
Top Bottom