Search results

1. sanford12

Does anyone here have Magnepan LRS+ and what do you think of them?

Got mine in a couple of days. They shipped the same day as I ordered. Feel I got lucky. They need a sub. I had my 10" Dayton with the crossover around 80 with the Cantons and that worked. With the LRS+ that was a no-go. They were working against each other. A crossover point at 45 is much...
  2. sanford12

Hope you report back with what your doing. I'm thinking of the Rel T5/X sub. I'm fooling with the Dayton Audio 10" today. Going to set the crossover at 45 and give it a spin. Quite a few set theirs around this point so that will be a good place to start. Looking forward to hearing about the GR...
  3. sanford12

Got the TV stands today. Nicely made easy to assembly and attach. If you have a pair of the LRS+ you definitely need to get them off the ground. Very noticeable improvement by moving the sweet spot in line with your ears. Nice thing about the TV stands is they allow leeway with how far you want...
  4. sanford12

I watched that video before I bought them. Measurement is only part of the evaluation. Didn't give it a thought when I did my listening. The TV stands Ordin Aryguy uses which I also purchased and will be here tomorrow at 45 bucks for 2 sets is much better than 300 the other place wants. I...
  5. sanford12

Cassette Deck Recommendations?

Really I'm stunned you'd even frame your question like this. Why would you record from a superior format(LP) to an inferior cassette. Last deck I had was a 3 head Nakamichi BX 300. It still sounded worse than an LP so what's the point of that. Then you try to slew it to being my fault for not...
  6. sanford12

Cassette Deck Recommendations?

Did you ever consider a phono pre with a USB out. I have one and can record straight to my laptop from the TT. The program recommended does an excellent job it's easy to use and converts the output to the format you want.
  7. sanford12

Listening to the Commitments soundtrack. On the track Dark End of the Street I thought what the heck is up with the snare drum. What the heck was up was I was distinctly hearing the springs on the bottom more pronounced than ever before and I've listened to this CD a lot. The track Can't Stand...
  8. sanford12

After reading through the amps manual looks like it needs to set for 2-3ohm load especially since the LRS+ run as low as 2.6. After replacing the 2.5 fuse's with 3's they have run fine and sound fine. It says you can in the LRS+ manual so that's not a worry at least for me. Streaming some blues...
  9. sanford12

Alright they're here. Already went through the 4 fuses that came with it. Playing Ricky Lee Jones "Pop Pop" acoustic album. Fuses all blew at the same place same volume with Ricky Lee Jones hitting a high note. There was no distortion or clipping actually sounded quite wonderful until. They came...
  10. sanford12

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Ricky Lee Jones "Pop Pop" What an acoustic hoot.
  11. sanford12

The Two Biggest Falsehoods About Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekend Speakers

I had a pair of Heresy's as well. Crossovers were redone then brought home the Boleros mention in the above post and knew the Heresy's were leaving and that was with the Boleros needing a recap. Heresy's are an entry level speaker at best and the reason you see them for sell all the time it's...
  12. sanford12

A lot of speakers are a bear to get right. There's a recent thread about Zu Dirty Weekends that the company claims are easy to set-up and some owners find them anything but. The Cantons I'm using now the recommendation is against the rear wall which in my room just didn't work or sound good...
  13. sanford12

Used car book values

Prices are fluctuating so much it's hard to keep track. It will be awhile before things settle down. The people that bought cars with market adjustments are screwed right now. Some can buy the same car new for less than what they owe on theirs now and that's a big reason people are letting cars...
  14. sanford12

Cannabis and weight loss

I use it at night for music and sleep. Have never lost weight from it. Sorry total BS, it's an appetite stimulant. THC can make food taste better and trick your brain into thinking you're hungry, even if you've recently eaten. That's because your in the medical field and that's where people...
  15. sanford12

Pressure Washer/Power Washing mildew off our siding ...

What the Kid said. 2 stories ups the difficulty. Did the north side of the house last year with a RV brush with an extending handle. It comes off surprisingly easy.
  16. sanford12

JBL L36 Decade - One owner, new surrounds - worth $500?

I had a pair. They couldn't leave the house fast enough. The tweeter on those was like an ice pick to me. Gives me the shivers thinking about it. 500 is a ridiculous ask for that kind of build quality.
  17. sanford12

Hard to decide… Pilots

6BQ5/EL-84 is my favorite tube with the EL-34 right there. Both very musical tubes. 7591's don't interest me anymore. Pilot's are the best. The 602 receiver I had is one of the few pieces I regret selling.
  18. sanford12

Engraved serial number on sansui faceplate?

I bought a piece of electronic, a receiver I believe that had a SSN on it. Looked it up and the gentlemen had passed a couple of decades before. Don't know it that list is still available to the public.
  19. sanford12

LG TV problem ...

I was stationed at Ft. Hood and it was very humid. That's not good on a TV that's not made for it.
  20. sanford12

Looking to go new(er). Speaker recommendations please.

Look at Klipsch and Polk for some of their current small offerings. The constantly garner good reviews and my match better with your lower power integrated amp. Look for efficient speakers.
  21. sanford12

Pawn Shop hopping turns up Sansui G-2000

If I remember right it went to women I worked with along with a TT for a vintage system she wanted to build. She brought me a Mitsubishi linear wall hanging TT to fix. That was a no go so fixed her up with some decent gear. She wanted the Mitsubishi because she worked there as did I.
  22. sanford12

Can an Amplifier make this huge difference in sound?

Had an Outlaw RR2160 that covered every set of speakers fed to it until Canton 300 Karats that by their specs should have been no problem. When auditioned the Cantons were hooked to a high current power amp so I knew how they could sound. When hooked to the Outlaw it was apparent quickly it...
  23. sanford12

Broke-in a few so no fretting here. They'll be played at the volume I listen at which averages out to 75dB. Nothing against using an EQ but I'm not in the EQ camp. Evaluating new speakers with an EQ in the chain isn't something I'd do. Don't want to spend the time trying to massage the sound of...
  24. sanford12

Just checked and the speakers were ordered and shipped the same day. UPS says they'll be here tomorrow even if it takes to Saturday I'll be happy. Pretty quick shipping. Time to pick up some cat repellent as a just in case. Sure will. Just from how they're constructed and what an engineer in...
  25. sanford12

Got a notice that they will ship UPS including the tracking# so maybe Friday, Saturday might have them. Never expected it with ordering them just this morning The nomenclature to describe LRS+ isn't really a concern for me but it will be great to give something I've never heard before a...
Back
Top Bottom