Search results

1. Stephen J

I'm not taking the back's off ! ! Audax A-150 X's

Stopped into an estate sale today and believe it or not I only noticed one of these speakers,gave it a quick nudge and went exploring elsewhere. I saw a guy looking at it and I told him to tell me when he got the back off.He said he wasn't going to take the back off and left it. When I came back...
  2. Stephen J

trube vintage stereo - $1000000 (grosse pointe, MI)

One speaker,some capacitors and tubes does not a stereo make ! Not even enough there to raise my curiosity. Since when did EV use Jensen drivers ? :smoke:
  3. Stephen J

Westland MI Tube Fisher console, Scott 312, EV speaker, dozens of others

It all works,but every component has a piece of tape with either a purchase or install date on it. Everything is marked either 1958 or 1959 save the H.H. Scott 135,it's marked 1960. That being the case,NONE of it will be used until it has had a thorough examination by a qualified tech...
  4. Stephen J

Westland MI Tube Fisher console, Scott 312, EV speaker, dozens of others

One of the 80-AZ's was actually a model 100 ( basically the same ) 30watt EL37 mono blocks. Soooo.......the unofficial,official list is 1 Fisher 80-AZ 1 Fisher model 100 3 Fisher Series 80-C mono pre-amps 2 Fisher 50-F Hi-Lo filters 1 Fisher MPX-100 multiplex adapter 1 H.H Scott Model 135...
  5. Stephen J

Anyone know anything about vintage bike parts? Piles of them...

Forks,handle bars,seats,rims,brake parts,accessories such as lights,horns,baskets,racks and bells. Look some of this stuff up on the bay....you might be surprised at what some of it brings. And as always condition plays a huge factor is value. . :smoke:
  6. Stephen J

EV speakers on certain online auction site

They look like DIY cabinets to me. Corners aren't mitered just overlapping. If they were commercially produced my guess is they were a kit. Factory assembled would have more mounting screws / holes and they would have used a jig resulting in perfect cut -outs ! :smoke:
  7. Stephen J

Liar liar, pants on fire!

Wow ! a pair of rare frosted 6550's. . :rflmao: Maybe someone tried to remove them by the glass . :dunno: That would fug up the vacuum and cause them to ''frost''. . :(
  8. Stephen J

Rough cut lumber and a building full of dusty metal works..Rochester, MI

That was a great sale ! I picked up a brass logo from an E.M.F 30 motor car circa 1909 -1912,an old KFC thermometer,a few tools and about 15 nos hammer handles. Definitely a ''pickers'' event,I was there over two hours.
  9. Stephen J

Mercer Island WA Barzilay Fisher tube amp and tuner, Elac TT

Teak ? . :idea: . Looks like walnut to me ! . :smoke:
  10. Stephen J

Speakers just keep finding me......JBL L220

Nah,those are the ultra rare ying & yang version of the L220 . :rolleyes:
  11. Stephen J

Found a McIntosh 5100 complete with full documentation, for $10

He shoots .....HE SCORES ! ! . :banana: Congrats !
  12. Stephen J

Disappearing "Buy-It-Now" Option - Very Irritating.

I have had the BIN stay in effect on a couple of auctions that I have run. I think it is automatic when your minimum bid is less than half of the BIN and the BIN goes away after 50% is reached. As for ''chowderhead'' saying he'll let it run after getting the minimum bid ? That's pretty much the...
  13. Dimystery II

Dimystery II

14. Dimystery I

Dimystery I

15. interesting pics

interesting pics

16. Stephen J

Auction tomorrow morning outside Philly, REALLY good

Truly a target rich sale. Too bad I hate auctions.You just never know how much the prices are being manipulated. . :idea:
  17. Stephen J

Go get these Kalamazoo Klipsch!

It would be hard for me to believe that the LaScalas would out perform the Barcelona's. :smoke:
  18. Stephen J

McIntosh MC275 tube amp at Goodwill auction site

'' A handling fee of $4.99 applies to this item. '' . :idea: So,they charge $4.99 to carry it to the counter so the person who spent over 2K can pick it up ? Odd. . :smoke:
  19. Stephen J

Some neat pics of Altec Lansing 830A Laguna

I prefer the look of the 820C. IMO.... $13K is a bit of a stretch. :smoke:
  20. Stephen J

Warhol? who knew?

One word......Brillo :smoke:
  21. Stephen J

Super Bowl 50

Right behind ya sKiZo......before I get myself in trouble.
  22. Stephen J

JBL L101 Lancer - Tennessee

Look again,I was quoting Heather. I didn't intend to quote you.
  23. Stephen J

JBL L101 Lancer - Tennessee

Where do you see a bunch that haven't sold ? Are you referring to the pair with the trashed cabinets,the pair of cabinets that contains just a pair of LE14C coaxials or the pair that the seller describes as ''Two rare JBL Lancer subwoolfers'' ? :rflmao: As far as local sales go.That depends...
Back
Top Bottom