Search results

1. Valveglow

Lava Lamps

Super cool, Loiter!!!
  2. Valveglow

My Office System Part Two - Updated July 19

I never cared for big Macs at the hamburger joint, but yours is a different story...
  3. Valveglow

Lava Lamps

Incredibly beautiful!!! I'm very happy Loiter, as I started this thread long ago!! That looks great! You've got to take a pic at night!!
  4. Valveglow

Show your JBLs off

JBL L212 three piece system with subwoofer
  5. Valveglow

Show your JBLs off

Your set up reminded me of a set up I saw online that was quite similar
  6. Valveglow

Show us your Motorcycles

Absolutely! ABS, yes, and even better, cornering ABS with 5 or 6 axis ECU control. I also have the LED combo running/ signal/ brake and headlights on my bikes. Proper gear, yes again. In Motorcycle training school, they kept drilling the term ATGATT: All The Gear All The Time.
  7. Valveglow

Show us your Motorcycles

Regarding motorcycle choices Bill, they are almost infinite these days including even electric motorcycles. Regarding feeling "supremely confident", that is one state of being that I endeavor never to arrive at while on a motorcycle. It's not only that motorists are "inattentive" these days...
  8. Valveglow

Show your JBLs off

My latest acquisition are these 2 NOS JBL cabinets which house 2242HPL woofers.
  9. Valveglow

I miss the old stereo shops ...remember ?

I worked at a few small independent hi fi shops in the day and also worked for Tech Hi Fi. Yes, great catalogs of which I still have a couple! Washington's birthday was their biggest annual sale and it was wild, being packed with folks. Yet, no one was ever restricted from the Hi End room...
  10. Valveglow

Show us your Motorcycles

Well I was 19 then and I rode my friend's brand new 250 Elsinore, but it was the MXer, the only type I have ever seen. Until weeks before its release, Honda was still swearing that they would never manufacture a 2 stroke. The Elsinore shocked everyone. I still remember that great crisp sound...
  11. Valveglow

Show us your Motorcycles

Yes it is cold! I very much appreciate the information. Yet, I looked online, and at a 37" seat height, I can pretty much forget about it at 5' 9"...
  12. Valveglow

Show us your Motorcycles

I have never seen nor heard of a 250 Elsinore Dual Purpose bike!
  13. Valveglow

Show us your Motorcycles

Yes, I am interested! I'd love another pic or two. Thank you. This is a game changer for me. I still own a 1971 Penton / KTM 125 that was a 16th Birthday present from my folks. I desperately miss my 2 Stroke KTM 400. I live down state NY and there is no where to ride by me. Dirtbikers...
  14. Valveglow

POWER AMPS, the coolest, craziest power amps ever

Is that a faceplate to a C1 preamp??? :eek2:
  15. Valveglow

Show us your Motorcycles

That thing is Fully Street Legal in New York...knobbies and all??? :eek2:
  16. Valveglow

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Thanks! It has undergone a few changes over the years
  17. Valveglow

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

I still can't figure out if the cats prefer the Altecs or the JBLs. Personally, I'd much prefer if they just listened rather than jump on top of the stuff...
  18. Valveglow

Show us your Motorcycles

Nope, there was a 465 all right: ...and a 490:
  19. Valveglow

Delphi speakers? What did I see?

Incredible experience for sure!!!! Must've been great! I was able to clean up the photos a little bit more. Let me repost them.
  20. Valveglow

Thank you. This is more recent regarding the set up. Drivers are centered and ports are mirror imaged.
  21. Valveglow

I think the websites are compressing the large photos a bit and they seem less distinct. If you want to give me your email address, I will send the Delphi photos to you.
  22. Valveglow

The positioning is entirely up to you. If speakers are placed substantially far apart, I always prefer the tweeters to the INSIDE. To me this helps keep the centerfill of the image more locked in. If speakers must be set rather close together, I put the tweeters on the outside to prevent a...
  23. Valveglow

Thank you for the kind words. I had wanted this info in the past, as other folks (though few) remember the Delphi speakers. I also loved the wood veneer and the cabinet shape...even the stands. I had one friend who had these with a 35 WPC Technics receiver and that combo almost blew the house...
  24. Valveglow

As I said, these speakers have a wide open soundstage. I was able to scan the entire brochure. I forgot all about the Delphi Towers, twice the size with four large drivers. I will get them here. TA-DAAA!!!!
Back
Top Bottom