Search results

1. BeerCan

Does Amazon Sometimes Make a Serious Pricing Mistake?

they make pricing mistakes all the time. I got some good deals through the years including 4 JJ 300b's for $250
  2. BeerCan

Older CD player choice - Kenwood -Sony-Onkyo

I think they are all early 1bit dac's. If it just for shop sound and nothing critical get the one that is in best shape.
  3. BeerCan

Shahinian Larcs in the house....

Very cool. I am glad you posted, I had forgotten you purchased these. Do they have the same sound signature as the obelisks? They look to have a similar driver design to my Compass.
  4. BeerCan

Aqua LaScala MKII

The one pic I saw of a lampi dac had what looked like an ess chip but the labeling was removed so it is impossible to tell.. I generaly dislike ess based dacs but of course final implementation trumps all. Lampizator has a huge following so they must have done something right :) I have heard...
  5. BeerCan

Mark all threads read on exit/go to first unread

I think this is not available on xenfro.
  6. BeerCan

Aqua LaScala MKII

RH67 I am curious did you use the RCA or XLR outs? I just switched to the XLR's and the soundstage opened up quite a bit.
  7. BeerCan

A few thoughts on the Aqua La Voce S2

It would be worth it. It is one of my favorite DAC's I have ever had in my possesion
  8. BeerCan

There are transformers in it but I am pretty sure those are I/V conversion. My understanding is that this is direct coupled with mosfets, I would suspect that the rifa's are there as a protection in the event a transistor or tube fails, or the unit is started with no tubes. If you look at the...
  9. BeerCan

You are right those 4 caps are rifa, but I don't think they are coupling caps, I think they are part of a protection circuit.. I think the LaScala is direct coupled. FWIW every other cap I spy in the LaScala is higher grade. I can take pics if you want.
  10. BeerCan

Schiit Modi 2 or something else?

For $199 this is worth looking at and listening to. MD has a 60 day guarantee. http://www.musicdirect.com/p-161157-ifi-nano-idsd-dac.aspx
  11. BeerCan

Going Digital!

As an owner of the Yggdrasil, I have absolutely no problem with that description. Mine is doing TV duty right now (ouch)
  12. BeerCan

you see rifa coupling caps in the LaScala?
  13. BeerCan

Condiments you swear by....

Ha my list is almost exactly the same just (different brands on some) - mayo I hate it + yellow and brown mustard's + about a thousand different hot sauces (well maybe a hundred)
  14. BeerCan

Fluke Meters

they seem to have shot up on Amazon as well http://camelcamelcamel.com/Amprobe-37XR-A-Digital-Multimeter-Component/product/B0012IUYK0 I purchased my MM from a store in Poland. Dollar is strong against the Euro and the deals were good.
  15. BeerCan

Fluke Meters

I purchased a Brymen meter for a good price. They oem for a bunch of companies including amprobe and others. Also have an old Fluke 77 that has been solid for many years.
  16. BeerCan

Let's talk power/line conditioners...

I see that fan in stock at newegg and with multiple vendors on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-R8-Raised-Blade-design-Bearing/dp/B002CQTYL6
  17. BeerCan

Signing out

Phone or computer browser? This is a cookie issue most likely, tell us what browser you are using and we can tell you how to look at the cookies. Here is some info from xenforo https://xenforo.com/community/help/cookies I would delete all audiokarma cookies and allow them to reset. It will...
  18. BeerCan

Why you will never be hearing from me again( not spiteful).

yes, all the way back to October 9th 2015 ;) http://www.techeye.net/news/apple-finds-more-malware-in-its-app-store
  19. BeerCan

Focal Owners Thread

Those are great speakers, I bet they sound great.
  20. BeerCan

For some reason he want's to keep the app a secret, so it will be impossible to help and/or offer alternatives. Just another gripe thread in disguise.
  21. BeerCan

Bunch of BS...

You should probably take some time to learn the new forum instead of throwing up the white flag so fast. It's not that hard is it?
  22. BeerCan

TapaTalk

As a person who runs a forum (non audio) I can say that Tapatalk is a pile of crap. It might be great for the user but it opens a host of issues for a forum owner. Everyone is better without it weather they realize it or not JMO
  23. BeerCan

I uninstalled TT from the forum I run for much the same reasons. To intrusive and for a little while there they had some very serious security issues. I don't know if the security issues were addressed because I stopped caring once I got rid of it.
  24. BeerCan

DAC opinions please!

It looks like a well made DAC but it is a victim of the time it was built (1998) so if you want to use USB would will need a converter (extra $$) It probably sounds good but depending on the $$ there might be better newer options with USB available.
  25. BeerCan

Going Digital!

I wish they would of made one of the outputs data only on the iUSB. My dac does not take power from the usb
Back
Top Bottom