Search results

1. Mozart1220

I have been shocked!

I found an old beat up pair of Epi 100V's in a dumpster a few years ago. I brought them home, cleaned them up. They needed a refoam, so I did that, and when I plugged them in,(after 24 hours) they sounded HORRIBLE. Like the spider was too soft and there was no "tightness" to the speaker. I...
  2. Mozart1220

Tape Speed issues

Ok, you guys have helped me with a couple other issues, so here's one. I have a Tascam 38B R2R that runs at 15 and 71/2 ips. I have about 2 dozen reels recorded on an older deck at 3 3/4 ips These are mostly old band practices and performances and recordings of me playing my guitars...
  3. Mozart1220

Surround speaker help

I have an old Yamaha "Natural Sound" RX-V590 receiver with Dolby Pro Logic. It's worked fine for a decade but I have never hooked up the surrounds. I set it up and was very careful to get both sides wired correctly. I set it to "Phantom" mode as I have no center channel. When I run the test...
  4. Mozart1220

M*a*s*h*

Since MASH is now on Netflix, we have been watching just to see the "uncut" episodes for the first time since the 70's. The main thing we have noticed is that this show would NEVER be allowed on the air nowdays. Too much "sexism" and glorification of drinking for the PC crowd. Plus many of...
  5. Mozart1220

TV adjustment question

I have a Panasonic 1080i TUBE TV I got at a garage sale for $50. Everything works and looks GREAT except I notice that the picture is slightley "tilted". I can't tell unless there is something like a news crawl at the bottom of the screen providing a static straight line. I DO have a pair...
  6. Mozart1220

Searching for Replacement Remote

I have been searching the web in the usual way for a replacement remote for an Onkyo TX SV919THX Reciever. I got it at a garage sale with no remote, and we have been using the one from another Onkyo I have. The volume buttons are beginning to die so I thought I'd try and get another one...
  7. Mozart1220

Advent refoam question

I just refoamed two of the woofers from my Advent Laureates. Everything seems to be working fine, except I got the outside of the foam just a tad off center. No voice coil rubbing, and just looking you can hardly tell, but the outside gaskets are a bit snug on one side of each speaker. Are...
  8. Mozart1220

Advent Laureate

I have a shot at a pair of these for $80 on our local craigs list. I have not SEEN them yet but if the surrounds are OK is this a good deal? I have a pair of Baby Advent II's which I love as computer speakers (powered by a Yamaha reciever) but they are helped by a JBL sub. I want to use...
  9. Mozart1220

Converting slides

HELP!!! I have about 1,000 slides I'd very much like to convert to digital images. I had SOME luck projecting them on white card and just taking digital photos, but I lost a lot of "brightness" and some of the slides are dark already. Has anyone been through this? Is a place like...
  10. Mozart1220

Speaker help

I'm on a serious budget (Ok, I'm POOR) and need some front speakers for my 14X16 living room. I have an Onkyo TX-SV919THX reciever to power whatever I get. Right now I'm runnig some Infinity SM 100's I can't wait to get rid of. There is a set of Dana Audio 2f's on our local Craig's List...
  11. Mozart1220

My simple set up

Right now I do 90% of my listening in my "man cave" and it's pretty small. The Computer runs line out of the sound card (Sound Blaster live) into a Yamaha RX V590 reciever. I have Baby Advent II's (just refoamed) up front like near field monitors and a JBL Sub 250 under the desk. I have...
  12. Mozart1220

Help with subwoofer info

I just aquired a JBL Sub150 in mint condition and it works great, but I can't find info on it anywhere. I've looked in all the usual places for a user's manual and there seem to be none to be found. Can anyone tell me the basic specs on this, and maybe some advice on the best installation...
  13. Mozart1220

Infinity reference E-L

I just came into a pair of these for pretty much nothing. They need replacement drivers and I can't find them anywhere. I also have a Video One center channel speaker that seems to have the same drivers, and they need replacing. Anyone know where I can get them or a suitable replacement...
  14. Mozart1220

Quick help!

I am in need of a good set of small bookshelf speakers. I have a shot at a pair of Infinity RS1's or Infinity EL's for the same price ($45). I will be able to actually look at both sets today, but which ones are the higher quality speaker? I do not have a sub for these, but they will be in a...
  15. Mozart1220

Remote Programming

Last summer got a great old reciever at a garage sale. It's an Onkyo TX-SV919THX in MINT condition for $30. SCORE! I have the remote to my old Onkyo which works fine with this, but it came with a Soundstream R-3 remote I'd like to use for other applications. Does anyone know how to program...
Back
Top Bottom