Search results

1. a_retent

Back yard and pond talk

They are now up and feeding, time to get to work.
  2. a_retent

Pioneer PL-L1000 owner's thread

I hadn't seen/heard of the TEAC mat but then I haven't been actively seeking a solution to this issue. My bandaid approach to this issue is shower the record with the zerostat gun before putting it back into it's MoFi sleeve. As for the mat itself it is my uneducated, non-scientific, no...
  3. a_retent

Pioneer PL-L1000 owner's thread

I have the same issue with my 1000. I zerostat the record off of the platter, NEVER on the platter, and have no static issue during playback. Like you, I have static when lifting the album from platter. I even tried removing my rubber soled moccasins while in the carpeted room. Next up will...
  4. a_retent

LP protectant from 1978?

Yes. I currently use, and have used since 1984, LAST products (Liquid Archival Sound Treatment) . You can obtain it from their website or some retailer dealers. I typically clean the record with MoFi cleaning products on a VPI machine and play it a couple of times to de-horn and identify any...
  5. a_retent

Happy Nat'l Beer Day (Apr 7)

Round #2
  6. a_retent

It's all your fault! But that's a good thing. :beerchug:
  7. a_retent

@Erik Tracy Mmmmm Space Dust, in bottle, my fave! :thumbsup: Happy Beer Day my fellow suds friend.
  8. a_retent

Pioneer PL-L1000 or PL-L1000A. Which should I keep?

The 1000a does have muting when arm lifts. The 1000 has a much beefier platter motor. The 1000a is newer. Your 1000 has been performing longer for you. Such a dilemma. I'd say keep the 1000 and let the "a" go, buuuuuuuttt I own (2) 1000s so I quess I would be biased. Never mind, I'm dismissed...
  9. a_retent

ADS L1090/2 owner's manual, brochure, spec sheet?

Here's what I found, hope it helps: "The ADS L1290 is a three-way, vertically aligned columnar system. Its two 8.3-inch woofers are in acoustically separate enclosures approximately in the center of the column. Above them are a 2-inch soft-dome midrange driver and a 0.75-inch soft-dome tweeter...
  10. a_retent

Ya know what really really suxs ?

Yamahoarder. :rflmao:
  11. a_retent

AK Retiree Club

My wife and I had United Healthcare through her work and with all of her cancer therapy we'd make deductible within the 1st week. Now that I'm the only policy holder my monthly is over $800 with a deductible I'll never make short of catastrophic health issue, and I still have to pay the bill...
  12. a_retent

AK Retiree Club

Very kind of you to say. Thank you, I'm workin' on it.
  13. a_retent

AK Retiree Club

I'm newly retired, not necessarily by choice but by circumstance. My wife was diagnosed and suffered from metastatic breast cancer for 11 years, during that time it was my honor to care for her. We contributed substantially to our 401k's, stocks, plus other investments until I had to quit my...
  14. a_retent

ADS L690 rust and restore help

@EricMN I'm in the process of redoing a pair of L690s that were headed for the dumpster. The metal grills and posts were trashed, basically the speaker cabs were pretty trashed but the drivers worked. The woofs had the adhesive rust problem as well as all of the screws that held the drivers...
  15. a_retent

Dynaco A25, pair, Minneapolis $395

Not anymore, page has been removed.
  16. a_retent

Most Underrated Album from the Mid-1980s

Yep, that was the year of my 1st born son, and I was late to the game. Old my ass...wait 'til it gets wrinkly like mine. :biggrin: Not a "rock" album but certainly some excellent performers on this album, CBS Inc 1985. Here's the list of artists on this album. I have the vinyl album, which I...
  17. a_retent

Back yard and pond talk

We received around 2" of snow Thurs overnight, woke up Fri to everything white. It has been so incredibly dry here the DNR has issued red flag burning restrictions. I thought maybe I could get a jump start on the back yard this weekend but the weather peeps are saying 6-10" of snow from Sun AM...
  18. a_retent

May have accidentally solved my static issue...?

I still use my zerostat, even with humidification in winter, but I'm very cognizant as to where I point the muzzle. Agreed that washing albums is a good thing as it is a big part of my vinyl hygiene routine. :thumbsup:
  19. a_retent

It is a loooong story but I'll attempt to make it brief. In 1979 I bought a new Pioneer auto-control direct drive PL-L1000 w/quartz lock speed control. At first I would zerostat the albums in my hand before placing on platter until one almost fell out of my grip. So I put the next album on on...
  20. a_retent

Advent 8ohm/4ohm A/B

I don't believe any mention was made of anything in series, but thank you for correcting my feeble math skills.
  21. a_retent

@Bodhi1, I caution anyone placing an ion generating device, such as the DS Audio ION-001, anywhere near electronic equipment that contains IC / logic circuits such as a direct drive TT, that includes zerostat guns. ICs and static do not play well together as I found out ($$$) way back in the...
  22. a_retent

Advent 8ohm/4ohm A/B

According to Hifiengine it states in the specs the following: Speaker load impedance: 8Ω (minimum) It did not mention what the maximum impedance capability was. If running both ohm loads simultaneously (A and B at the same time) in theory 4 and 8 ohm loads in parallel should be six ohms...
  23. a_retent

CONSIDERING MAGNAPAN MG-1.5 QR

My Magnepan 1.6QRs have the same high/low connections allowing for bi-wiring or bi-amping. I use an Audio Research (ARC) SP-15 pre. A pair of ARC vm-220 tube monoblocks (200wrms@4ohm) for 600Hz and up. For 600Hz down to rolloff I use an ARC D400mkll solid-state (400wrms@4ohm). Everything below...
  24. a_retent

RIP Bob Heil

That would be Oskar Heil (1908 - 1994). Bob Heil also invented the Talk Box. "The Heil Talk Box was made famous after being used by Joe Walsh, Peter Frampton, and Richie Sambora. It was the first high-powered talk box on the market, which could reliably be used on high-level rock stages. The...
  25. a_retent

Looking for advice on new Ohm Walsh Talls for open plan space

@r-mm, I have a rather similar floor plan as yours with exception to the vaulted ceiling is in my kitchen not living area. My living room is a step down from the dining area, again much like yours, and is 15.5w x 21d x 8h in size. I have owned my pair of Ohm Walsh2s since the early 80s. I...
Back
Top Bottom