Search results

1. fdejong

Anyone seen this phenolic Jensen speaker before? Model is NE-100

Picked this up at an estate sale today, can't seem to find any info on it. Military perhaps?
  2. fdejong

Tweeter ID help

Looks like a Lorenz S-1288 but missing the covers from the tweeters. https://www.usedvictoria.com/stereo-speakers/34678650/photos?i=4 EDIT: Looking close, it's not quite a match but close. My money is still on a German manufacturer from the 50-60's - especially looking at the woofer's magnet.
  3. fdejong

Tweeter ID help

Looks like a name in the logo. Can you make a rubbing with pencil & paper to make it more clear? & yes, a shot of the front would help. Also, is it mounted with another tweeter? Send a pic of the whole unit. What did it come out of? My guess is something 50-60s & German.
  4. fdejong

Anyone recognize the receiver in this console?

Ad says its 1968. Maybe Sylvania?
  5. fdejong

Found this nice little Motorola EL84 amp today

Interesting - I was wondering how the output tubes were divided. Also just realized I forgot to plug in the rectifier tube for the picture.
  6. fdejong

Yes - you can see the two seams at the top of the tube.
  7. fdejong

Hmm - I wonder if Motorola branded tubes are British or Japanese.
  8. fdejong

I’m curious about the EL84 tubes. Are they Mullards or did other tubes have the seams on the top too?
  9. fdejong

Ebay: private listing - bidders' identities protected on McIntosh C22

Pretty suspicious if you ask me. All the pictures are very low resolution. You'd imagine that even the non-tech savvy would be using a smartphone to take pictures with a minimum 2mp resolution.
  10. fdejong

What have I done?

I wish! Cheap, but gas and time aren't free either. Doesn't help that I've done the Portland > Bay Area trip at least 20 times. So dulllllll
  11. fdejong

What have I done?

I have to admit, I did have a thought to do almost exactly that. When you've been loading these for 5 hours you get pretty sick of the sight of then!
  12. fdejong

What have I done?

Heh thanks - not really celebrating though. Did this as a favor for.a friend. It's a full size van, so about 10ft of turntables to the roof :-/. Mostly Dual 12 series, some Garrard. Came from a guy who specialized in Technics & Dual repair.
  13. fdejong

What have I done?

You would cry if you saw what we took to the electronics recycler. Unfortunately, it's the reality when homes are selling for $1000+/sq. ft. in this part of the Bay Area.
  14. fdejong

What have I done?

It won't be that bad. All of the good tables & dustcovers are well protected.
  15. fdejong

What have I done?

Ha! These are from the Bay Area, still need to make it back home to Portland tomorrow. Maybe I can barter a 1219 for some gas!
  16. fdejong

What have I done?

17. fdejong

Some great McIntosh gear in San Francisco

Seems like sellers are seeing rapidly increasing prices and adding a few 'k' for good measure ;-)
  18. fdejong

Some great McIntosh gear in San Francisco

Nice gear but no deals there. MX-110 for 3.5k! edit: heh, here's another. low effort, fair condition for more money. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ele/d/berkeley-mcintosh-mx110-series-tube-pre/7428825570.html
  19. fdejong

SF CL Marantz 18 w/ wood case $150

@KiM3Ce I wish I could, but that was more than a decade ago! Nice to see such an old post from when I was still getting into vintage audio. I held onto the 18 for 6 years but sold it in 2015 during a move. I'd jump on the chance to own another one though. I'm in the process of sorting...
  20. fdejong

Craigslist: Portland, OR

Bring a meter and test at the terminals. I don't know what the impedance should be, but if they're different you know there's probably an issue. I can lend you a small receiver for porch pickup in NE if you want.
  21. fdejong

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Jun 2, 2009
  22. fdejong

Ordering from Germany.

I have a package coming from Germany right now, and yes, it's very delayed. Almost a month in transit now and still not here.
  23. fdejong

Craigslist: Portland, OR

Kenwood Tk-140 or similar solid state. Early 70s. Edit: Looks like KR-6160
  24. fdejong

Mystery cartridge ID

Yes, that's it. I was familiar with the GE VR series, but nothing this early.
  25. fdejong

Mystery cartridge ID

Anyone know what those 3 carts in the front right are? Seem to be pretty flat, with a red-brownish finish. Possibly mono?
Back
Top Bottom