Search results

1. drtool

Enter the Giant Slayer - Andrew Jones Pioneer Speakers

IIRC I paid $110.00 NEW AT Frys back in the day for the pair.
  2. drtool

Looking to do a little tube rolling. Anything I need to look for .9 pin socket saver.

I want to buy some socket savers. Are they all the same?
  3. drtool

Looking to do a little tube rolling. Anything I need to look for .9 pin socket saver.

Going into DGSE 1 Thanks .
  4. drtool

FINALLY, onwardjames gets his tube amp!!!

James the same thing happened to me . New in 82. Klipsch LaScalas. and 2 Mac 2120 SS amps. My band pa and DJ set up. Loud but harsh. Plugged in a DGSE1. Boom night and day difference. My mom came over once a year for Mothers Day. First thing she said "that is the best your stereo ever sounded."
  5. drtool

Vintage SS vs Modern Tube

Join a local audio club. Most people will have an old tube amp for you to try out . I run klipsch LaScalas (104 dB) with my 3 Watt Single ended Tube amp . The only way you can really know. Good luck.
  6. drtool

Eico HF-14 Rebuild

jobrewer1983Looks great so far. What USA made set of Solid copper RCA jacks did you settle on? I have one of these in the wings.
  7. drtool

tube console vs "astro-sonic" solid state Magnavox

Never saw one after 1964 .
  8. drtool

Yet another franken dynaco amp ( this one is a monster)

As someone who was studying to be a pilot. One can not have too many gages on anything. Very best of luck.
  9. drtool

Pre amp recommendations

Eico ST - 84 pre could work or the Eico HF- 85 pre.
  10. drtool

Gillespie Magnavox 8600 vs. All my other amps

Every one with LaScalas, K Horns and up.
  11. drtool

Gillespie Magnavox 8600 vs. All my other amps

MY DGSE1 with my LaScalas is a match made in heaven.
  12. drtool

Rubber Platter Mats - how best to dry?

I do what " The Nines " does. With the added , distilled water rinse from a spray bottle I use in sink cleaning records. Then for drying a synthetic shammy is at the ready. Simple easy quick .
  13. drtool

Take your loss and build

The little output transformers would not bother me. My little single ended 6BQ5 modded Magnavox that Dave G did a write up on. Plays every night and fills my room with music . Powering my Klipsch LaScalas 104 dB 1 Watt. Good luck. Oh, and this replaced 2 new in 82 Mac 2120s . Every body that...
  14. drtool

It's that time of year again to put the Tube amp back in the system.

With Klipsch LaScala 100+ dB. Those 2 tubes will drive me out of my room.
  15. drtool

It's that time of year again to put the Tube amp back in the system.

Year around in Houston. Dave G, 3 Watt SE amp. don't put out no heat, just sweet sweet sounds.
  16. drtool

Do not know who made these Eico tubes but very happy

Mr Boochie That is probably it. They glow more then any of my other 6BQ5s.
  17. drtool

They are not acid etched. Quote Crang said, "has the raised 'X' shaped seam" Yes. Just barely there on the X, but not raised,
  18. drtool

Sound wonderful.
  19. drtool

ELEKIT TU-8850SE SET AMP

Copper leaf?
  20. drtool

Tube advice and opinions

You do not state where you are at. If you can find a audio club in your neck of the woods. You will learn more in a few months then a year on the web. Good luck.
  21. drtool

Why Does My Tube Amp Sound Awful? (Newb)

Try to find a audio club in your area. If that fails "Tubes 4 Hi-FI ST 70" is where I would look next. Good luck.
  22. drtool

Eico 8 pin tube sockets HF 22 , 20, 35 etc. All have a little M on the top .

All of mine are black with the M only on top. But I think you cracked the code Arts. Thanks.
  23. drtool

Marantz Model 5's and My delima

"NOS Rectifier Tubes" I never had a problem with any NOS rectifier tubes.
  24. drtool

Eico 8 pin tube sockets HF 22 , 20, 35 etc. All have a little M on the top .

I bought a box of tube sockets 300 + NOS and used ones from 4 to 9 pin and every thing in between. Not one with a M on top. Anybody know where I can find some. Ok spill your guts. My inquiring mind want to know what's up with these rare sockets.
Back
Top Bottom