Search results

1. HiFiCanada

Favorite TV Show

Hogan's Heroes and The Mary Tyler Moore show.
  2. HiFiCanada

Heathkit frequency generator queston?

Finished the Heathkit IG-82 and now is working great. The V1 (6CB6) came in from ebay, and tested to be a good tube as far as my B&K 650 tube tester reads it, I put that in and now the generator is producing a smooth sine wave. While I waited for the tubes, the IG-82 got a complete recap, it...
  3. HiFiCanada

Antone try the Genalex KT120 yet? Any good?

Genalex Gold Lion KT88 tubes, is what I am using in my Dynaco MKIII's. I see that there is a KT99 and also a KT120 from Genalex. Has anyone tried the KT120 tubes yet? What are the pros and cons of the KT120? If I use the KT120 tubes in my Dynaco MKIII's , are they going to last longer?:scratch2:
  4. HiFiCanada

I did try the feedback, but no luck at all, I am going to wait until the tubes get here and try those. I did notice that the quad cap was to warm which is really unusual, all three cap cans are still original yet, I best recap all the three just to be sure.
  5. HiFiCanada

Barn full of vintage audio, what do I look for?

Actually a good idea, take pictures. If he has been stockpiling for 40 years, you should see brand names like Dynaco, Heathkit, and there should be a few good tube amps in the pile, that always brings back good coin. And tubes for those amplifiers can bring really good coin, Mullard and...
  6. HiFiCanada

I am back with a problem. The generator was working good for a few days as I am using it on my scope, just so that I can learn how to use a scope. Then all of a sudden the generator fizzles out, so I turned it off and then back on again and it works fine for a while and then fizzles out...
  7. HiFiCanada

Which Teac RTR?

+1 on that, they are hard to find, but that was over 20 years ago that I sold it. Actually, if it did work perfect all the time, I would still love to have it, awesome audio quality, when it did work.
  8. HiFiCanada

Best Speaker Insulation?

I use 1 inch egg crate foam.
  9. HiFiCanada

Good TV sound??

The RCA color track 2000 has very good sound.
  10. HiFiCanada

Which Teac RTR?

Mine was the A-7300-4T and it was a great sounding deck if it wasn't for the annoying dropout. I gave up on it, having to lug it back and forth for warranty work, that never did any good. I finally sold it,and I was never so glad to see it go. But, it is a good looking deck, if that's all the...
  11. HiFiCanada

What should I do?

Strip it and keep the tubes. You can get plenty of good used ss dual trace scopes very cheap.
  12. HiFiCanada

What I learned on Craigslist

Responding to newspaper ads in my younger years, when I was looking to buy a used car that are about 10 years old. I get there and the thing does not run like it should and the seller say's "Can't understand it, the car has been in the family for over 10 years and has never given us an ounce...
  13. HiFiCanada

Which Teac RTR?

A good looking Teac would be the A-7300. http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/teac_a_7300_2t.html
  14. HiFiCanada

Thank you, your a freind for life. :)It worked, just needed a tweek. Whats the bulb underneath for?
  15. HiFiCanada

Yep, it should have been hid before I took the picture.:D Actually though, I never used it on the Hz generator, I had to lube the dual brass shafts on my scope. Can't find anyone sells Deoxit here locally yet...
  16. HiFiCanada

I havn't recapped it yet, the seller said he had refurbed it, but I best check everything out. I hear that the Heathkit can make a pretty smooth sine wave.
  17. HiFiCanada

I am playing around with my Heathkit IG-82 frequency generator hooked my B&K 2120 Scope to it and can see that the sine wave is not smooth. The Generator is on sine wave will produce that uneven curve at any frequency. Anyone run into this before?
  18. HiFiCanada

What an a$$hole

+1 on that.
  19. HiFiCanada

Heathkit W5M versus the Dynaco MKIII

Modifying MKIII's? I may be interested in modifiying the MKIII's, got any good links on that? I am pretty happy with the power, but I am always open for suggestions for better sound
  20. HiFiCanada

Just got a Harmon Kardon PM665

Thats interesting, never seen one like yours before, with less push buttons and the different speaker select switch.
  21. HiFiCanada

Running my computer through my stereo?

Rubber surrounds? And their still good.
  22. HiFiCanada

Heathkit W5M versus the Dynaco MKIII

I have always been a Heathkit fan but I don't own a Heathkit W5M tube amp, but instead I have the Dynaco MKIII tube amps. How does a Heathkit W5M tube amp match up against the Dynaco MKIII tube amps? What would be the pros and cons of the two amps?
  23. HiFiCanada

$75 is a awsome deal, I had to pay $250 which was down a bit from what he originally was asking for it. I don't think the PM665 will get any less then $250 nowadays. The PM665 is becoming more known about, then it was a few years ago.
  24. HiFiCanada

how not to pack tube monoblocks

I had a job straighting out chrome and painted bumpers a long time ago, I could get them near perfect as long as they were not twisted to much. Never tap and hammer a bend straight, that will stretch the metal, slowly press it back and in your case, the cage can be put in a vise . Slowly keep...
  25. HiFiCanada

:D I really was not planning on buying this but it looked so good, it's just like new , so I contacted the seller and struck a deal . I don't see to many PM665's around anymore and may be my last chance, before I would find one again. It really works and sounds good, much like my Dynaco MKIII...
Back
Top Bottom