Search results

1. mrjbq

I need caps….

I’m not planning on selling it. Having said that, I don’t want to do anything that would hurt its resale value. It hasn’t been used in about 30 years and I just figured I would get it totally restored. Am I making a mistake?
  2. mrjbq

I need caps….

Thank you, what would the alternative be?
  3. mrjbq

I need caps….

I’m about to have my Marantz 7 recapped. What should I use? I’ve been told the ‘bumble bee‘ capacitors are no longer available. Is that true? I'm not really interested in modifying it, I’m more interested in originality. Any and all advice is appreciated. TIA.
  4. mrjbq

Excellent packing and communication with mrjbq

Thank you, gentlemen…
  5. mrjbq

I should be posting pictures tomorrow.

I should be posting pictures tomorrow.
  6. mrjbq

Tweeter not working, help please

I bought a pair of 4.2s. One tweeter stopped working. I removed it from the cabinet to test it directly. It’s dead. Will one of the diaphragms on eBay get it going again? Thank you in advance, I sincerely appreciate the help. I just don’t know much about horn tweeters at all.
  7. mrjbq

Help with my Marantz 6200, please.

What are you referring to as the “power” switch? Do you mean the “Play/Manual/Repeat” switch? Thank you for your help, I want to get it spinning again.
  8. mrjbq

Help with my Marantz 6200, please.

I hope one of you can help me. I just got my Marantz 6200 out of long term storage. It’s been on the shelf in it original box for as long as I can remember. I removed the belt before storage. I put the belt back on and plugged it in. The platter started to spin without me “turning it on.” I...
  9. mrjbq

Help identifying speakers

Good morning. Can any of you identify this speaker for me? I sincerely appreciate the help…
  10. mrjbq

Bored of hifi, bought a 71 Stingray

From my years of experience, JMO, but I would manual swap it. I’ve owned 37 Corvettes over the years, with about 75% being autotragic transmissions. The 4 speeds were way more fun. In January I sold the yellow 1970 4spd to a guy in Germany. I immediately replaced it with a new Mustang. 460 HP...
  11. mrjbq

mrjbq great seller!!!

I'm happy that you're happy. Thank you for the kind words. Enjoy!
  12. mrjbq

Anyone heard of.....

I’m sorry. I don’t remember even buying them.
  13. mrjbq

JBL L112 - worth taking a chance?

OK, here are some real life numbers. I bought a pair of L 100 speakers for $60. They were in average to nice condition, except one woofer was a cheap replacement. I bought the correct woofer from eBay for $100. Swapped out the woofer, did a real quick steel wool and oil to the cabinets. I listed...
  14. mrjbq

@mrjbq ....THANK YOU!

I’m so glad to hear they all arrived safely! Thank you for the kind words, Chris...
  15. mrjbq

Woofer help, please.

Thank you very much. The repair has been made.
  16. mrjbq

Bored of hifi, bought a 71 Stingray

A quality paint job here in central Florida is 6-10K, plus body work, if necessary.
  17. mrjbq

Woofer help, please.

I’ve got a JBL 123A-1 woofer from an L100 speaker that the voice coil is rubbing. Is there any hope for this? Is there anyway To repair it? Thank you in advance for your help.
  18. mrjbq

JBL L100 help, please...

Thank you very much. I'll take a look at that tomorrow, I'm watching the game tonight. I sincerely appreciate the help.
  19. mrjbq

JBL L100 help, please...

I sincerely appreciate your help, thank you very much. Anybody have any experience removing the labels? And, how do I remove the tweeter?
  20. mrjbq

JBL L100 help, please...

Thank you, but I’m really afraid I’ll damage the metal label trying to remove it. Can it be done without damage? I have tried to pry off the ring around the tweeter with no luck at all. Frustrating...
  21. mrjbq

JBL L100 help, please...

Good morning, I have an old pair of L 100 speakers that I’ve had for some time. I got them out to put them into the rotation and I can’t get the mids or the tweeters to work. These are what I understand to be the very early version where the drivers are all in a single vertical line. The help I...
  22. mrjbq

Jay Leno and the New 2020 Mid-Engine Corvette

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing.
  23. mrjbq

Hi Ed. I have never had to clean mine. Before I took anything apart, I would just work the knob...

Hi Ed. I have never had to clean mine. Before I took anything apart, I would just work the knob back and forth about 50 times. That may do it. If not it looks like you’d have to remove the woofer to get to it. I realize this probably isn’t very helpful, but again, I have no experience trying to...
  24. mrjbq

Another swell deal from mrjbq

My pleasure, en joy them!
  25. mrjbq

To my knowledge, it is 100% original. I rarely, if ever, 'fix' something that is working well...

To my knowledge, it is 100% original. I rarely, if ever, 'fix' something that is working well. You may feel differently. I’m trusting my local tech guy.
Back
Top Bottom