Search results

1. mrjbq

I need caps….

I’m about to have my Marantz 7 recapped. What should I use? I’ve been told the ‘bumble bee‘ capacitors are no longer available. Is that true? I'm not really interested in modifying it, I’m more interested in originality. Any and all advice is appreciated. TIA.
  2. mrjbq

Tweeter not working, help please

I bought a pair of 4.2s. One tweeter stopped working. I removed it from the cabinet to test it directly. It’s dead. Will one of the diaphragms on eBay get it going again? Thank you in advance, I sincerely appreciate the help. I just don’t know much about horn tweeters at all.
  3. mrjbq

Help with my Marantz 6200, please.

I hope one of you can help me. I just got my Marantz 6200 out of long term storage. It’s been on the shelf in it original box for as long as I can remember. I removed the belt before storage. I put the belt back on and plugged it in. The platter started to spin without me “turning it on.” I...
  4. mrjbq

Help identifying speakers

Good morning. Can any of you identify this speaker for me? I sincerely appreciate the help…
  5. mrjbq

Woofer help, please.

I’ve got a JBL 123A-1 woofer from an L100 speaker that the voice coil is rubbing. Is there any hope for this? Is there anyway To repair it? Thank you in advance for your help.
  6. mrjbq

JBL L100 help, please...

Good morning, I have an old pair of L 100 speakers that I’ve had for some time. I got them out to put them into the rotation and I can’t get the mids or the tweeters to work. These are what I understand to be the very early version where the drivers are all in a single vertical line. The help I...
  7. mrjbq

Look what the UPS guy brought today...

I’ve been waiting for this. I’ve had a beautiful C27, but with a cracked face. I installed it today, then put it back in the system. Sweet sounds.
  8. mrjbq

Big thank you to kirkendoll!

I posted needing some speaker mounting pegs for my JBLs. @kirkendoll came through. Many thanks, Luke.
  9. mrjbq

McIntosh XR3 speakers

i have a chance to get a pair of these. Any idea of their worth? Ebay is of no help, whatsoever. Thanks.
  10. mrjbq

Ruppert came through....

@Ruppert really came through for me. I have a very nice Phase Linear amplifier which needed one of the meter bezels replaced to make it look as nice as it sounds. He posted he had them from a parts unit. Wouldn’t take any cash, but wanted some vinyl. I was happy to oblige. He shipped them...
  11. mrjbq

Help out a non-tech guy, please....

With my new Verizon contract, I now get Apple Music free. So, I’ve dropped premium Spotify. Here’s my problem....can I cast Apple Music from my Android phone to a chromecast device on my vintage receiver? If possible, how do I do it? TIA.
  12. mrjbq

Sounds from an integrated amp

Is it possible for an amp to sound good through headphones, but not through the speakers connections? If so, what would cause that?
  13. mrjbq

Anybody have any experience with....

Ohm C3 speakers? What can you tell me about them? Are they worth owning? Thank you in advance.
  14. mrjbq

Timeframe TF1000

Anybody heard these? Opinions? What would be a fair price? eBay is of little help. I’ve seen them, they’re in nice shape. I just haven’t heard them, yet. Thanks.
  15. mrjbq

Anyone in the Southeast that....

can replace the belts on my Nakamichi RX-202 or point me in the direction of easy to follow instructions? Help, please.
  16. mrjbq

Any difference between Dynaco and Scandyna?

I bought some speakers that look just like Dynaco A25s. But, the badges say Scandyna....
  17. mrjbq

Question about my Pioneer SA-7800

i got this out to play it after some time. I used DeOxIT, and everything is great except the phono input. It plays at very low volume, almost undetectable. What could be wrong? I appreciate any help. Thanks.
  18. mrjbq

Help with my SA-7800, please

i got this out to play it after some time. I used DeOxIT, and everything is great except the phono input. It plays at very low volume, almost undetectable. What could be wrong? I appreciate any help. Thanks.
  19. mrjbq

Maranta 2238B question...

I need a cabinet for my 2238B. Which cabinet do I need, please? THanks a lot.
  20. mrjbq

Problem with my Nakamichi RX-505

I haven't played this deck in a while. I got it out, hooked it up, and popped in a tape. All seemed fine, then within about 10 to 15 seconds the output seemed to lose the highs, and volume. It ended up just muffled bass sounds. If I press "stop," then "play," the process repeats itself...
  21. mrjbq

Question about my Philips CD 880 player

I really like this player, which I have had for some time, but I have a question for you experts. Apparently this is a very well regarded player that potentially has an awesome DAC and mechanism. I had no idea, I just enjoy the sound. Here is a quote from eBay regarding one for sale: "Philips...
  22. mrjbq

Pioneer SX-950

After 2 auto accidents, months of recovery, I'm back on AK. I need a little help with my Pioneer. I haven't played it for a few years, and when I got it out of the closet, it lights up, but no sound. I can't hear a relay click or anything.....nothing. When tuning FM, both meters seem to work...
  23. mrjbq

Purchase from Emmbee

I recently made a purchase from Emmbee. Everything went well, I'm very satisfied. I highly recommend Mike.
  24. mrjbq

Do these go together?

And what do they fit? Dual? Any idea which model? Thanks.
  25. mrjbq

A little help with a Pioneer SA-7800, please.

I have 2 of these. One is in the garage, sounds great. The other has been stored away for some time. I got it out today, and the left side has very low output, almost none at all. I gave it a DeOxit treatment, worked all the switches and knobs. Still nothing. Any other ideas? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom