Search results

1. Poultrygeist

NextGen TV

https://www.cnet.com/tech/home-entertainment/free-over-the-air-tv-is-getting-even-better/?ftag=CAD-04-10aai6f
  2. Poultrygeist

Amazon Prime Day sale Oct. 11-12

Sure to be some good deals on audio. The last one had the WiiM streamer and Aiyima AO7 at a nice discount. Haven't looked at the many pages of discounted items but I did see four months of Amazon Music HD Unlimited free.
  3. Poultrygeist

Amazon Unlimited HD music streaming free for 4 months

If you order during the Prime Day sale Oct 11-12. Haven't looked at all the other Prime Day deals but the last one had a good price for the Wiim Mini streamer and the Aiyma A07 amp.
  4. Poultrygeist

Amazon Prime Day - July 12-13 look for great audio deals

Last year I bought an SMSL SU-9 DAC at a big discount during Prime Day. You must be a Prime member but you can join for a free trial membership and gain access. Maybe others can help post the deals when they show up.
  5. Poultrygeist

Anyone considering the new Ford Maverick?

$19,999 for this base model which gets 40 mpg.
  6. Poultrygeist

Anyone following the Murdaugh murder cases?

When solved it will make every crime show and probably become a mini series. The best fiction writer couldn't come up with this crazy plot. https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/13/us/murdaugh-deaths-timeline/index.html
  7. Poultrygeist

Which Topping DAC do you prefer?

For sound not features
  8. Poultrygeist

Which would give the better sound?

A digital coax output from the TV to a DAC or this HDMI extractor connecting it's optical output to the same DAC? Or would there be no difference?
  9. Poultrygeist

24/192 Amazon Music HD from Amazon device?

For sometime folks have complained that Amazon products ( other than the Studio ) can't stream the high resolution content from Amazon Music HD. I read a brief sentence on another forum that just this month the Fire TV Cube has been updated to play 24/196. Can anyone confirm this or elaborate...
  10. Poultrygeist

Considering a Soncoz LA-QXD1

Does anyone have first hand experience with this feature packed budget DAC? Same designer that did the Khadas Tone Board. It has a coax input and output. So would the coax output allow passing the digital signal to another DAC?
  11. Poultrygeist

Swan HIVI 2.2A easy kit speakers

To say I'm impressed with these $239 high quality kit speakers ( Amazon ) is an understatement. 3/4 MDF with angled edges that fold inward is genius for those who don't have the tools or inclination to DIY. There are step by step instructions on youtube for their 3 way which is similar to these...
  12. Poultrygeist

Near Field Frenzy

If you've read my posts you know I'm a speaker guy who enjoys DIY. Well I've had these little $100 Overnight Sensation kit speakers for several years without finding a permanent spot for them. They've been in a couple of bedrooms and in a bookcase none of which floated my boat. This week I...
  13. Poultrygeist

Would you put one of these in your frig?

Or is it just totally wrong?
  14. Poultrygeist

Resto-Mod Radio Cabinet

This old radio cabinet has been in my family since new. The tube amp, tuner, and speakers disappeared years ago but I hung onto to the cabinet thinking someday I would get around to updating it with modern internals. Well that day has finally arrived.
  15. Poultrygeist

Digital Cable Question?

I've got a spool of Proflex RG6UQ quad shield video coaxial cable ( 18AWG ). Any reason I can't make a digital audio cable out of this? Thanks in advance.
  16. Poultrygeist

Interesting flat packs

http://www.tb-speaker.com/products/list/38
  17. Poultrygeist

America's Favorite Food Chains

Do you agree with the choice for your state? I'm not from Tennessee but what's up with their choice?
  18. Poultrygeist

Marantz Model 1150 Integraded amp value?

Can't keep it forever. Totally gone through in excellent condition. Rated conservatively at 75 watts per channel and weighs around 40 lbs.
  19. Poultrygeist

Marantz 1150 speaker wire

Enjoying my 1150 integrated amp but wondering what is the largest gauge wire that fits the tiny speaker terminal clips? Obviously they didn't think much about fat speaker wire back in the day.
  20. Poultrygeist

What does stereo reverse mean on the Model 1150?

No doubt it's been asked before but my search doesn't take me there. And why would it sound better than the plain stereo setting?
  21. Poultrygeist

Free over the air 4K?

I understant it's on the way. Problem is it may require a new stand alone tuner even for a 4K TV? If you've cut the cable and in the market for a 4K TV I wonder if it's worthwhile waiting until new 4K TV's come with OTA 4K tuners? Comments welcome.
  22. Poultrygeist

Question about Echo Dot Gen 3

Does it output stereo or mono via 3.5mm into RCA cables?
  23. Poultrygeist

Firestick and Echo Dot on sale today

$14.99 and $22 for Prime members on Amazon. But you can try Prime and then cancel within 2 weeks at no cost.
  24. Poultrygeist

Atmos speakers?

My Yamaha AVR has lost it's switching ability so I'm considering a new AVR and perhaps one with Atmos. I see that the upwards firing speakers are considered as "fake" as they are not ceiling mounted. Instead they must bounce the sound off the ceiling. With this approach is the "juice worth the...
  25. Poultrygeist

DACT passive preamp

I recently received this passive from Hong Kong and at $99 it's a great value. There's lots of buzz on it at Audio Circle so I ordered mine and it blows away my Nobsound. It has 4 inputs and 2 outputs and exudes quality. The volume control is the top notch DACT type and is as refined as they...
Back
Top Bottom