Search results

1. dodog

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Or they're trying to maximize their profits that they can get for the services they apply them to. Why leave so much meat on the bone for all the AK flippers? Good for them.
  2. dodog

Very nice guy on CL - will come pick up your JBL free of charge

Dragon's Lair? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon%27s_Lair_(1983_video_game)
  3. dodog

What was the last movie you watched?

That's a pretty apt description.
  4. dodog

Your latest additions (CD)

That makes sense. You shouldn't have posted that link. Now I have more things I want to spend my money on.
  5. dodog

Your latest additions (CD)

Too small, eljr. I can't make out the pics! It looks like some DG and Decca (or Denon?) pressings. Oddly, with different brands, they have the same cover style. What gives?
  6. dodog

A little help needed

If it's always on the first track, similar time, it could just be hardened old grease on the rails or gears. It might just need a simple cleaning and relube.
  7. dodog

AK Contest! Derek & the Dominos -- Layla MoFi GIVEAWAY + Subscriptions

Count me in as well. Thanks!
  8. dodog

Blade Runner 2049

With the glory of youtube, you can hear the soundtrack for yourself: I loved it, I'm sure some didn't.
  9. dodog

The Last Jedi (Star Wars 8)

Sure, but.....lightsabers! :)
  10. dodog

I'm probably in the minority but I liked The Force Awakens. I watched the original trilogy with my Mom (first SW in the back of our station wagon at a drive-in) and have fond memories of being a kid and being awestruck at the magic of movies. I didn't much care for the prequels, although the...
  11. dodog

Steven Spielberg’s Amazing Stories is coming to Apple TV

Sure. I thought that series started off with a bang, had a really strong initial run, then the episodes were handed off to the lesser creative minds and it went downhill fast. Also, while that show was fun, it looks really dated now. If aliens in the future wanted to know what the 1980's...
  12. dodog

Steven Spielberg’s Amazing Stories is coming to Apple TV

It was on Netflix for a long time. Not sure if it still is. I watched it with my boys and found that I had much fonder memories of it and it didn't hold up all that well. To each their own.
  13. dodog

Molding or 3D Printing Obsolete Knobs, Buttons, etc.?

There is a CA-2A on the bay for parts, less than $6. It has $25 shipping but I'd bet you could get it for less if you only wanted the buttons. Not sure if the 2A and 7A have the same button sizes but they look identical from the pics I've seen. It would be a really cheap gamble. Edit-...
  14. dodog

Sure, but my point is that they show a LOT in the trailer, but they also tie scenes and narrations together to make you think things are happening that actually aren't.
  15. dodog

Why did the receiver war of the 70s end?

Musical taste is always very personal, but the 80's had some amazing albums. To name just a few: Prince ~ Purple Rain, 1999 U2 ~ The Joshua Tree Paul Simon ~ Graceland R.E.M. ~ Murmur Public Enemy ~ It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back The Police ~ Synchronicity The Pretenders ~ S/T...
  16. dodog

I think the trailers for the new SW have done a great job of misleading. They play lots of clips that, most likely, don't actually interact they way they want you to think they do. Who's to say that Rey is really turning to the dark side, that Luke has given up on the Jedi, etc. It's fun...
  17. dodog

I can't tell if this is serious or in jest. After watching Wonder Woman, and having suffered through Superman V Batman, I truly hope that Justice League can do something, anything to keep DC relevant. Is JL going to be some boring setup to bring Superman back to life?
  18. dodog

Blade Runner 2049

Yes, of course they were mine. All of them reference your disgust for the "grey" tone of the film. To which you answered back at length about things I never commented on. Diatribes and rebuttals for things I've never addressed with you. Apology accepted.
  19. dodog

Well, kids being 10 and 14. I'm not sure this was an adult movie either.
  20. dodog

I'm all for girl power. Too bad it was lost in a terribly written DC movie. Other than the Dark Knight trilogy, DC movies have been garbage. Even the worst of the modern Marvel movies is better than the best DC (Nolan Batman excluded). I always thought the DC Universe was much richer and...
  21. dodog

Blade Runner 2049

You keep replying to my posts about things I haven't engaged you about. The most I did was make a comment on your "grey" dislike. Perhaps you're engaging others but you keep replying to me. So be it.
  22. dodog

I watched Wonder Woman with my kids. I don't see what all the hype was about.
  23. dodog

Blade Runner 2049

But that has nothing to do with the "grey" that seems to annoy you so much.
  24. dodog

Blade Runner 2049

You'd seen the original, which is far bleaker than this one. What did you expect?
  25. dodog

Blade Runner 2049

I understand not liking the movie, to each their own. However, I can't let this slide. Sure, the opening scene is grey but then you have: Tyrell Industries: lush golden hues full of light and shadow, the reflections of water dancing across the walls Night scenes: Huge neon-colored...
Back
Top Bottom