Search results

1. showett

MC2505-1 rebuild questions

I have an early 2505 I plan to do a complete rebuild on including driver and input board transistors. This thing has been repaired several times over it's life by many different shops and many parts were replaced but only as needed so not everything matches from board to board. My main...
  2. showett

MC2125 Speaker Relay Coil Voltage

I replaced the speaker relay in a MC2125 and used a 12v coil relay since the one I removed was a 12v coil also. After some discussion with a friend that should have been a 48v coil. I replaced the diode across the coil as well and everything has been working fine for over a month now but was...
  3. showett

Stancor CH-2133

I was given 3 Stancor CH2133 Ultralinear amps with the matching power supply from a friend who said I can keep 2 if I return one working. These were built by his dad. He told me they used 6l6's but when I got them home I opened the box that contained the tubes that were used in them and found...
  4. showett

MC30 Hum

I have a MC30 that has a 120hz hum that tracks with the input gain pot, if inturn it down it goes away. With or without input connected it hums but is quieter with input connected. I have swapped all tubes but the rectifier. The amp was rebuilt by someone els and was brought to me by a...
  5. showett

New to me Kenwood KD-500

I just picked this table up from a lead posted in the D&S area, I wasn't in the market for a new table but the price seemed right and grabbed it. It is physically nice with no cracks, both cover hinges are good and the cover only has a small crack at the center rear. Here is whare the good...
  6. showett

Technics SL-5300 Upgrade?

I have thinking of upgrading my turntable but don't know what the next level that would make a real difference would be and if it would be worth it. Currently I have a Technics SL-5300 with an Nagaoka MP-110 connected to a McIntosh 4300 receiver and Ohm walsh 4 speakers. I got the table free...
  7. showett

Ohm Walsh 4

Just picked up a set locally for what I think was a fair price since ohm speakers seem to be a rarity around here, especially the walsh that I have been wanting for some time. They definitely need a refoam and will be doing it myself. I am looking for any tips and insight on what I am getting...
  8. showett

4300v strange problem

I recently moved my 4300v from the garage to my family room system for the cold season and it has started turning itself on randomly with the display showing what is seen in the photo. It has never done this before, I am wondering if the remote for the tv/sat box could have something to do with...
  9. showett

JBL L26

I just got my hands on a nice set of L26 and love the way they sound with my McIntosh set up. I was wondering if anyone has done the Troels Gravesen upgrades. I saw several threads mention them but didn't see that anyone had actually built the crossover. http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/JBL-L26.htm
  10. showett

MC2505 dead channel

I just bought 2 MC2505's from eBay for what I thought was a good deal knowing they both had problems. Both amps have the same problem with one completely dead channel, no hum no noise just dead silence. Both meters do show signal at the same level. I have only cleaned the controls so far and...
  11. showett

Marantz 2270 main filter cap value

I am starting to re-cap my 2270 and was looking into options for the main filter caps, I have read the factory value is 9000uf and are being replaced with 10000uf. Mine has 22000uf caps that look original to me and don't know what to do. The main problem with unit is a loud 120hz hum at 20v...
  12. showett

Bolivar Model 64 woofer

I just picked ip a set of bolivar model 64 speakers with MTX blue thunder car subwoofers in place of the originals. Can anyone suggest a good replacement since originals will probably hard to come by. The original woofers are 4 ohm. Thanks
  13. showett

Found JBL L46

But what to do. They are in sad shape so do I part them out or re foam and put the drivers and crossover in a set of spectrum speakers being used in the garage. The spectrum speakers are a simple 8" 2 way with a generic 8" woofer and peerless cone tweeter. I am thinking the JBL drivers will...
  14. showett

Klipsch KG 5.2 vs Quartet

I just bought a set of KG 5.2 and was looking into various upgrades but an opportunity to trade for a set of Quartets plus 100 from me has come up and was wondering how the 2 compare.
  15. showett

KG 5.2 upgrade questions

I just picked up a set of KG 5.2's to replace a set of Yamaha NS 690 that suffered a shifted woofer magnet after moving. I know these are pretty much polar opposite to the Yamaha's and do not expect them to sound like them at all. I would like some input on upgrades and any success anyone has...
  16. showett

JBL L96 vs Yamaha 690 II

I currently have a pair of Yamaha NS690 II running on a Sherwood S8000 iv and it sounds great but I have been wondering how the JBL L96 compares to the Yamaha's. I have the itch for something different and want to know some opinions.
  17. showett

Anyone heard of JS Audio inc.

Picked these up today at local TS and can not find much info, searched google and here. They look well built and have clear cone 8" woofer and dome tweeter, I will try to get pics up tonight. They need re-foam so no listening comments yet. Thanks in advance.
  18. showett

Does anyone use there I-Pod?

Does anyone use an I-Pod on your main system. I do when I am working on the house or have a few friends over or am just to lazy to change discs. It is just so much easier to use the I-Pod sometimes than to change discs and the sound quality to me seems pretty good. Any opinions?
  19. showett

Jamo Magic 14 Anyone?

A good friend of mine gave me his Jamo Magic 14 speakers to repair for him, he told me they had one blown woofer and the other had no high's so I tok them and gave them a listen to find they have no problem so now I have to check the rest of his system later. Back to the point, has anyone herd...
  20. showett

Fostex RP 80, any info

I just picked up these fostex RP 80 monitors for almost nothing and know nothing about them but that they have coax ribbon tweeters and sound pretty nice.:smoke: any info would be great
  21. showett

JBL 4311 Score?

I just picked up a set of 4311's from that auction site for 110.00 buy it now and it was local (just down the street from where I live!), I couldn't pass since I am familiar with the sound of the LE-25 tweeter from other JBL models and love it, and have herd good things about the L-100. They...
Back
Top Bottom